Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Engine / Drive Train

Old 04-13-2005, 11:00 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: Tristar 190, 1989 / Maristar 210 2002
Send a message via MSN to LakePirate
Spark Plug Wires 02 Maristar

Guys,
I am doing the spring maintenance on our 2002 Maristar 210. When replacing the spark plugs I noticed 2 things:

1. The plugs that were in the engine were gapped at .033 but according to the manual it said to gap them at .045 and that is what the ACDelco plugs were gapped at from the factory. Any thoughts?

2. I noticed that one of the boots on the plug wires was cracked. Does anyone recommend a set of plug wires better than the OEM or should I replace with what is on there?

Thanks
Old 04-13-2005, 12:36 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: PS 205
1) Re-gap to factory specs. You aren't going to notice any performance difference. Sometimes spark manufacturers offer a specific plug into the market with different gaps and do NOT change the number stamped on the plug itself. The gap difference will be indicated by a 'lot' or 'batch' number on the package.
2) 3 years is not very old for seeing cracked boots. Are they cracked all the way through? If not, I'd just fill them with di-electric grease and re-use.

Last edited by JDK; 04-13-2005 at 12:40 PM.