Go Back   TeamTalk > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Old 08-09-2004, 07:18 PM
MC Platinum

Boat: 2000 MasterCraft ProStar 205 DD
Sunscreen

I've been using this for years. It's the poop, alcohol based, no white suncreen that is a pain to rub in. Check it out:

http://www.bullfrogsunscreen.com/about.asp
Old 08-09-2004, 07:36 PM
MC Addict

Boat: MasterCraft PS205 351 HO
I keep forgetting some of you guys have fair skin, .. This is what I use. http://www.olio2go.com/catalog/catalog.htm

Old 08-09-2004, 07:50 PM
MC Addict

Boat: Tubtime Tugboat
Send a message via MSN to bcampbe7
That is some expensive sunscreen Mark!!!
Old 08-09-2004, 08:36 PM
MC Addict

Boat: MasterCraft PS205 351 HO
Bc

That link didnít work

You gotta click on the olive oil on the left and itís the second one down..

Badia a Coltibuono Albereto Unfiltered (Organic)

That stuff rocks. Plus, you can use it internally.

Old 08-09-2004, 08:40 PM
MC Platinum

Mark,
Are you using that to cook dinner or yourself?
Old 08-09-2004, 09:52 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 93' Prostar 190
Send a message via Yahoo to jake
other uses for bullfrog

Little known fact...we actually use Bullfrog as a UV inhibitor for exotic woods that tend to change colors over time (patina) to keep the new/bright look. For example, paduk which is bright orange when you first mill it, but changes to dark brown over time. With the bullfrog, since it's alcohol based, you can get a nice even coat on the raw wood before your chosen finish (wax, lacquer, etc.) and it keeps the wood nice and bright for years. Good stuff
Old 08-09-2004, 10:05 PM
MC Master Poster

Jake- are you the guy who made a replacement teak platform from the old site, whose family has a woodworking business? I'm looking for a good source of hardwoods and hardwood veneered, cabinet grade plywood. Who do you use and do they have a website with prices?
Old 08-10-2004, 06:20 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: 95 PS 190 EFI
Send a message via AIM to jimmer2880
We've been using bullfrog for a couple years now.... that stuff is bullet-proof! I apply once in the morning & it lasts all day long! They have some facial stuff that looks like a big chap-stick tube. That is very nice also.
"I kept a crabgrass free lawn"
It's time to SKI.
Old 08-10-2004, 06:56 AM
MC Platinum

I have the "stick" also. But the SPF 36 in the gray bottle is awesome! I'm pretty fair skinned, and that stuff is awesome. Not to expensive either $6-7 a pop.
Old 08-10-2004, 08:46 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 93' Prostar 190
Send a message via Yahoo to jake
JimN: yep, that's me. I buy all my hardwood through Youngblood Lumber in Minneapolis http://www.youngbloodlumber.com/

They don't have a published price list, but will deal with you, give them a call. They primarily supply businesses, so I'm sure prices vary depending on the amount of business you do with them. My father runs a fair amount of business through them, so I get a pretty good discount through him.

They do custom milling as well, so you can get just about any pre-milled dimension hardwood you can think of. They also have a great selection of exotics, and usually have 500-1000 feet of the popular exotics planed and ready to go. They tend to carry the popular woods in thicknesses up to 3 inches, most places don't carry these dimensions anymore.

If you're looking for a deal, they often have mixed lengths at a discount. Depends what your project is, but I use them lots of times for furniture. Cabinet shops don't want 5-6 foot lengths, but they usually work fine for furniture projects and you can save a little bit.

They are also a dealer for lots of plastic surface materials...swanstone, fountainhead, formica, others.

For hardwood plywood (have to be honest, I don't use much hardwood) we go to home depot for the standards (oak, birch, maple)....belive it or not. They have the best prices around, it just takes a little bit to dig through their pile to get some nice grain. For harder to find plywoods (Cherry, hickory, etc) we go to Lake Elmo Hardwood Lumber http://www.lehardwood.com/.

For veneer, I go to Rockler. Prices are high, but they have a great selection of exotics, and we know the guy that runs the place so he gives us a little price break. Their quality is great, even if they are a little expensive.

Last edited by jake; 08-10-2004 at 08:50 AM.