Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Underwater Running Gear

Old 05-24-2008, 06:16 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 1993 Prostar 205
Send a message via AIM to cbryan70
new propeller for 1978 skier

Anyone throw a new prop on one of these recently. I just got news that the one i sent him is NOT repairable. I have found some really decent prices on both the OJ 13x11.5 and the ACME 13x12 (#541). Just wondering if i would see any major performance differences in the two.
Old 05-24-2008, 09:02 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: MasterCraft
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbryan70 View Post
Anyone throw a new prop on one of these recently. I just got news that the one i sent him is NOT repairable. I have found some really decent prices on both the OJ 13x11.5 and the ACME 13x12 (#541). Just wondering if i would see any major performance differences in the two.
The Acme (CNC) prop is indeed an improvement over the OEM prop. Outside of the electronic ignition conversion, that was the second best performance upgrade.

There was a fairly extensive thread exchange here a few years ago before the group buys intruded on the security of the powers at hand. IIRC, OJ did not fair quite as well as the Acme as an overall conclusion and comparative testing by members here. I'm sold on the Acme from my satisfaction. A couple of the guys on the Dark Side have done a lot of first hand testing on the comparative approach of the Acme vs OJ.
Old 06-04-2008, 02:50 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: supra comp
I have some OJ XMP CNC props for sale that are brand new in the box for alot cheaper than probably anywhere else. MY original posting is listed below. You will definatly see a difference in your hole shot and over all performance. My asking price is 265 plus shipping. If you have any questions please feel free to email me at jbaggett@tnrmt.com

http://tmcowners.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=23870