Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > MasterCraft In Your Area

Old 06-24-2008, 06:28 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 1994 Prostar 205, Indmar 5.7 w/ Velvet Drive 1:1
Quote:
Long weekend coming up and I pick up my new X-star Friday.....can't wait till the break in period is over and I can get busy riding.....
Where are you going to be riding wboarders?? You should post a pic of your new boat so we can recognize you and meet up for a .....pop.
Old 06-24-2008, 06:37 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 2006 MC X2 350MCX
Heading to BC in a week for 3 weeks of riding Shuswap and Okanagan. Also gonna hit up McGregor East of Calgary afterwards to meet friends July 23rdish. Black X2 if your out that way!
Old 06-24-2008, 09:19 PM
MC Fanatic

MCX2RYD:

Have fun at the Shuswap. I am a big fan of Travers Reservoir. That area is soooo nice. Prarie's rock.
Old 06-28-2008, 01:37 AM
MC Fanatic

Okay Calgary and Cochrane peeps. I am going to finally be out on the lake this Sunday! See you there at the Ghost?????

Last edited by thijs; 06-29-2008 at 12:25 PM.
Old 06-29-2008, 12:26 PM
MC Fanatic

Bump bump.................
Old 07-06-2009, 02:11 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: Prostar 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by thijs View Post
MCX2RYD:

Have fun at the Shuswap. I am a big fan of Travers Reservoir. That area is soooo nice. Prarie's rock.
Hey thijs, when you go to little blow head the opposite way from the lake when you leave the boat launch at the park. Just idle up around the corner so none of the douche bag wallys notice. Go around the corner and you will find a nice stretch of river that the wally's won't run cause they think it's to shallow and to tight to turn around with the toobs.
Good and flat for skiing/footin, about the length of 3 slamo courses and protected from the prevailing winds. About 14 ft deep so nice and warm. Halfway along that stretch is a house with a red/white 91ps190. His name is Richard, tell him I sent ya and he will show you the pattern for safe turn arounds and you can hang out on his ski dock. We only share this info with other MC owners.
Old 07-06-2009, 05:48 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2006 mastercraft x-star
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert View Post
Hey thijs, when you go to little blow head the opposite way from the lake when you leave the boat launch at the park. Just idle up around the corner so none of the douche bag wallys notice. Go around the corner and you will find a nice stretch of river that the wally's won't run cause they think it's to shallow and to tight to turn around with the toobs.
Good and flat for skiing/footin, about the length of 3 slamo courses and protected from the prevailing winds. About 14 ft deep so nice and warm. Halfway along that stretch is a house with a red/white 91ps190. His name is Richard, tell him I sent ya and he will show you the pattern for safe turn arounds and you can hang out on his ski dock. We only share this info with other MC owners.
I have been going to that lake for years and never went that way maybe next time. i stopped going to little bow due to the daytime winds.
Old 07-06-2009, 06:29 PM
MC Fanatic

Quote:
We normally actually never hang that side of the lake. We hang way out east on Travers Reservoir with the fishermen and the cattle. Big changes coming up for the Travers Dam and most notably the Little Lake it feeds which is actually called "Little Bow Reservoir". They are doing huge upgrades to LBR over the next four years bringing its water lever to par with Travers Reservoir. This is going to flood a huge area around LBR and making it a couple meteres deeper. No real changes expected to Travers except winter time drain levels will be lower. I can't find the project links RN.

We might drop by the West end of the lake however just for a meet and greet. Feel free to come down east for a pop- We have the blue/pink striped 205.
Old 07-07-2009, 01:00 AM
MC Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by thijs View Post
We normally actually never hang that side of the lake. We hang way out east on Travers Reservoir with the fishermen and the cattle. Big changes coming up for the Travers Dam and most notably the Little Lake it feeds which is actually called "Little Bow Reservoir". They are doing huge upgrades to LBR over the next four years bringing its water lever to par with Travers Reservoir. This is going to flood a huge area around LBR and making it a couple meteres deeper. No real changes expected to Travers except winter time drain levels will be lower. I can't find the project links RN.

We might drop by the West end of the lake however just for a meet and greet. Feel free to come down east for a pop- We have the blue/pink striped 205.
Will do next time I have my boat back in Alberta and head down that way. From now till Sept. I will have my boat at Mara Lake.
Old 07-07-2009, 01:08 AM
MC Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by craig3972 View Post
I have been going to that lake for years and never went that way maybe next time. i stopped going to little bow due to the daytime winds.
I was the same, never would have gone that way until the guy's I ski on snow with showed me that spot. The winds get going there but if it isn't real windy you can get a decent ski in on that little part of river and salvage the day. It's ok but I still have my favorite spots. The Shuswap river and Mara lake, the river from Sandpoint to Albany falls in Idaho and Dickie Lake in Montana. Been sticking to Mara since I bought a place in Sicamous