Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > Watersports > Waterskiing & Barefooting

Old 03-31-2011, 01:40 PM
MC Addict

Boat: Barefoot 200 MasterCraft 1993 ProV200 Outboard
The world luv's good toobers, jus' NOT on MY LAKE!
(865) 679 2246 Cph (ANYTM UPTO 9PM EST)
friant9@aol.com

I've got badass '93 MC BF 200 w/ a Yahamie ProV 200.
M O S T A W E S O M E C R A F T E V E R B U I L T
'Luv'n life behind a Barefoot 200'
atlfootr

Old 03-31-2011, 01:45 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2000 Prostar 190 (sold), 2003 Prostar 197 Tournament Team LQ9
no guts no glory, two-ski-jump-outs ftw!
Old 03-31-2011, 10:57 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: mastercraft x-9 2004 mcx
Quote:
Originally Posted by atlfootr View Post
Actually, this time it's a good thing.

First off, let me begin by saying I'm NO KSO!
2 things I do know and they are ...
  1. How to get up
  2. How to foot.
Things I saw from that clip, that if you change will help YOU immensely!

REASON YOUR STRUGGLING, you're fighting the resistance against the boat's pull and thus compensating
from it by leaning WAY to far back against it ...

TRY THIS, NEXT TIME ...

Start pulling in on the handle before you ever yell HIT IT, if you want to go right tilt the handle at a 45 degree angle
(lft hand up / rt hand dwn) as the boat's in gear.
Keep the handle in this position the entire way through out the start, until your over the stern rollers.

DON'T FORGET ... DURING THE START

Sit up MORE (higher) during the boat's pull, find that 'SWEET SPOT' at the small of your back.
When you find it, you'll know.

Once there, be patient and start pulling in on the rope before you EVEN FEEL THE BOAT'S initial pull.

To add to this, it's a really good thing to learn to come up behind the boat as well.
Should you ever decide to take it to the next level, BAREFOOT RACING!
http://www.barefootski.com/content-3.html

Let me know how well, this works out for you.
Good Luck!
Hey, I appreciate all the advice! I have a bad habit of rushing things sometimes that usually doesn't end well. I've been going every Sunday for the last month, so there has been some improvement. But surprisingly how you can go right back to where you started in one day. Needless to say I went home last weekend pretty sore. I'm hooked for sure and look forward to the next weekend. I've already ordered boom, extension and handle with 5' rope for my X-9. Feel free to dissect my other videos on you tube, just search dcda929
Old 03-31-2011, 11:19 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2008 PS197 LY6
I think I can fix your problem with one simple change. On your deep water start as soon as you sit up after coming up out of the water with your feet wrapped on the rope bring the handle down into your hips. Keep your feet wrapped over the rope until your are up to speed with the handle tight to your hips. If you pull the rope handle tight down into your hips it will stabilize you significantly. Don't bring the rope off your hips until you put your feet in the water and start to stand up. I used to have the same problem where you get out of control and I couldn't figure out why sometimes I would be fine and sometimes I wouldn't. This change fixed it for me. The other thing is I don't find that it is worth it to try and get into the curl to stand up. I have found it is easier to stand up in the wake and work your way outside the wake on your feet. Good Luck.

Andy
Old 03-31-2011, 11:35 PM
TT Enthusiast

The guys I go with always tend to "cheek" out of the curl before standing up. So, I tend to follow their lead. I concentrate too much on getting out instead of standing up.
Old 04-01-2011, 12:50 PM
MC Addict

Boat: 1998 Prostar 190 Anniversary, LT1
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoketu View Post
Hey, I appreciate all the advice! I have a bad habit of rushing things sometimes that usually doesn't end well. I've been going every Sunday for the last month, so there has been some improvement. But surprisingly how you can go right back to where you started in one day. Needless to say I went home last weekend pretty sore. I'm hooked for sure and look forward to the next weekend. I've already ordered boom, extension and handle with 5' rope for my X-9. Feel free to dissect my other videos on you tube, just search dcda929
It didn't look like you rushed too much, however if I were you I would have a cordial conversation with your driver .........that if you are up to speed and can't get out of the wake he make a gentle turn one way or the other to put you outside the wake until you get good enough to get there yourself. If he doesn't comply.....tell him that you will be pulling him when it is his turn!

"The truth is treason in the 'empire of lies'" - Ron Paul
Old 04-03-2011, 10:02 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 1991 ProStar 190
Send a message via Skype™ to Laurel_Lake_Skier
One other thing that will help give you a smoother start will be to have the driver watch you in the mirror and hold off getting into the throttle until you are outside of the wake. If you start trying to "cheek" out, as AtlFooter suggested on the initial pull and can't get out right away, have the driver hold the speed to something around 25 or so. The lower speed will give you a better bite in the water and allow you to "cheek" to the other side. Keep the handle in tight to your waist and have the driver hold the 25mph 'til you are outside of the wake — swing to one side and then the other if that is what it takes to keep your momentum going. Once you are out, the driver can roll on the power at whatever rate you'd like and bring you up to speed.
Old 07-25-2011, 01:50 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2008 PS197 LY6
My buddies wife was snapping shots of us double barefooting the other day and this was the shot taken just before my feet hit me in the back of the head.

It was the worst crash I have had in years. I sunk both feet in a roller and didn't even have time to react before hitting the water.
Attached Images

Old 07-25-2011, 10:34 PM
TT Enthusiast

front flip

It's great to look back at those posts from a few months ago and now this:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KngTc_I4zrY
Old 07-25-2011, 10:53 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 1977 Stars & Stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoketu View Post
It's great to look back at those posts from a few months ago and now this:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KngTc_I4zrY
Really cool

Tandem Axle Wheel & Tire Package $659
4 S5 or S5 Black 14x5.5 wheels, 4 ST205/75R14 Kenda Loadstar tires

Single Axle Wheel & Tire Package $399
2 S5 or S5 Black 14x5.5 wheels, 2 ST205/75R14 Kenda Loadstar tires
MOUNT, BALANCE & FREE SHIPPING INCLUDED IN BOTH PACKAGES

CARB REBUILDING - FAST TURN-AROUND - $125 +PARTS
LED lights, Hubs, Spare Tire Carriers, Chrome & Powder Coated Lug Nuts - Red, Blue & Black

PM or email me tiresplease@gmail.com