Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > Watersports > Waterskiing & Barefooting

Old 08-31-2004, 07:54 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 1991 ProStar 190
Send a message via Skype™ to Laurel_Lake_Skier
Thumbs up

This is my nephew and me early one August morning. The photo is taken a short distance from the original post in Three Lakes, Wisconsin.

Last edited by Laurel_Lake_Skier; 08-31-2004 at 08:01 PM.
Old 08-31-2004, 08:05 PM
MC Addict

Boat: MasterCraft PS205 351 HO
I love to see the water that flat
Old 08-31-2004, 09:31 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1992 Prostar 190-Its red
Sweet Pics Guys! This thread really took off! I didnt check it for a week and now were up to 4 pages! Anywho...i'm thinking about buying a barefoot suit anything i should keep in mind? Also does it count as a lifejacket or is Mr. Police Cop gonna come get me?

92 PS190 - Its red.
Old 09-01-2004, 05:42 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: 95 PS 190 EFI
Send a message via AIM to jimmer2880
Some do - some don't. I personally think that the ones that are Coast Guard approved are too bulky. I've never been stopped by the man for that yet.

I cannot recommend dolphin wetsuits (www.dolphinwetsuits.com) enough. My first Dolphin is ~19-20 years old and is still in great shape (except for it - ~cough~ shrank lately). I recently purchased 1 for myself last year & 1 for my wifey.... you don't get quality like that anywhere else. Their customer service also rocks. See http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/sh...hlight=dolphin

Be careful - barefootin is addictive! Just be sure your driver doesn't pull you through a patch of floating walnuts
"I kept a crabgrass free lawn"
It's time to SKI.
Old 09-01-2004, 08:21 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: 2007 Maristar 200vrs
I never where a jacket with my barefoot suit, never been stopped for it.
Old 09-01-2004, 08:31 AM
MC Addict

"Be careful - barefootin is addictive! Just be sure your driver doesn't pull you through a patch of floating walnuts"
Old 09-01-2004, 10:54 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 1995 Barefoot 200 Yamaha ProV 200, 1994 ProStar 190 LT1 1:1
We have both BFI and Scarpa wetsuits. Both are very good suits. The BFI's have short sleeves and the Scarpa suti is sleeveless. The type of suit must not only be comfortable for you but also must be right for you. If you will be doing alot of deep waters and surface turns, padding is critical. I wear the scarpa suit more than the BFI's as I can just wear a rash guard underneath and that seems to be more comfortable. Either suits I wear, I do wear BFI shorts underneath. These are in my opinion, the best since they are really padded. The cheeks are never bruised Remeber though to buy a suit that fits tight as they will stretch when wearing shorts and also just do to the material stretching.

Either BFI's or Scarpa's wetsuits are fully padded and are very similar. We do not wear any vests when footing. The pads in the barefoot wetsuits already have enough padding where it can serve as a vest. If you wear a vest over your wetsuit and foot behind the boat and fall at 40mph, you will rip your armpits out as well as your arms. This could be very dangerous.

One thing to check though is your local boating rules. In Wisconsin, it does not say that you have to wear a vest when skiing. It says the boat needs to have enough PFDs for all those people in the boat and also those skiing. We ski'd many lakes in Wisconsin and have been approached by the DNR and they never asked us why we weren;t wearing vests. Most of the time they just wanted to either drive our boat or talk about skiing

Hope this helps!
Old 09-01-2004, 11:45 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: 95 PS 190 EFI
Send a message via AIM to jimmer2880
MarkP - one time while I was out longline late in the season, my driver didn't realize we had come across a patch that was literally loaded with floating walnuts.... My feet got quite bruised from that one

You can order Dolphin suites long sleeve, short or sleevless. Each suit is custom made, but still in the same price range as the BFI, etc.

I use a long-sleeve, short leg suit as most of my footin is early or late season. Rarely mid-(slalom) season.
"I kept a crabgrass free lawn"
It's time to SKI.
Old 09-01-2004, 12:02 PM
MC Addict

Ouch, Thought you waz kidden
Old 09-01-2004, 05:41 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1992 Prostar 190-Its red
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockman
have been approached by the DNR and they never asked us why we weren;t wearing vests. Most of the time they just wanted to either drive our boat or talk about skiing

Hope this helps!
I wish they'd do that for me but...I usualy get pulled over becuase he just wants to try and give that kid with a red mastercraft a ticket. Its so annoying that they pull me over when that big yellow io almost kills people everytime its on the lake.

92 PS190 - Its red.