Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > Watersports > Waterskiing & Barefooting

Old 02-29-2016, 04:39 PM
TT Regular

Boat: Prostar 209 2002: Prostar 197 TT 2012
Boarding School w/ Brooks and Travis

Spent a couple days last week skiing at The Boarding School with Brooks and Travis. What an excellent experience... in every way! Awesome site, facilities, boats (was on both Prostar and Xstar), and people. I made my first full pass (going wicked slow at 15 off). Say what you like... the course is new to me (and I am getting old)... but I made my personal best! Still reveling in the experience and looking forward to a lot more. Highly recommend The Boarding School to anyone... and MasterCraft can be proud that those guys represent well. I expect to be back!
Old 02-29-2016, 04:58 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: None
Very awesome place. Can't wait to go back myself
Old 02-29-2016, 05:38 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 1998 PS205, then a 2002 X9, and now a 2012 X14v
Location: Center Hill Lake, Old Hickory, and Norris Lakes in TN
This sounds awesome! How much does it cost and how water time do you get for the money?

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

"KC"

Cmon...lemme just push one button...
- Center Hill, Norris, & Old Hickory lakes in TN -
Old 02-29-2016, 07:41 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: None
Quote:
Originally Posted by FoggyNogginz View Post
This sounds awesome! How much does it cost and how water time do you get for the money?

I think my week there was $1800 from air port pickup to drop off.

Room and board Included in their private lake house, food provided. Perfect water all day every day..

3-4 sets a day at 30 minutes each is what they say.. Honestly I was dead after 20 minutes and day 5 I barely rode I was so sore lol. I'd go back tomorrow if I could. The best vacation I've been on without my wife. I'll be going back sooner than later I hope.
Old 02-29-2016, 08:13 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 2010 X-15 w/MCX
Quote:
Originally Posted by FoggyNogginz View Post

Pricing is on their website - http://www.theboardingschool.com/pricing

From the FAQ on the website:
How many sets a day do we ride?

Monday through Wednesday you ride three times (25 minute maximum) and then you can ride up to four times on Thursday and Friday if you like.
I've been there for wakeboarding a couple of times "off season". They seem to take people for individual sets if they have availability. I suspect that may not be so much during the high season. So if you are interested in something other than what you see on the website I suggest you contact Travis.

Not a bad deal when you consider room-and-board is included. They will pick you up and drop you off at the airport so you do not need a rental car. Funny, I used frequent flier miles to go there. So literally it was the price you see on the web site, a few $ in pocket change while traveling and of course some beer money. For me it was a great way to decompress away from work and other things for a week.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, Wow! What a Ride! ~~ Hunter S. Thompson
---
My wakeboard is calling, and I must go ride! ~~ Me
---
It is better to light one small candle than to curse the darkness. ~~ Chinese fortune cookie
Old 02-29-2016, 08:15 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 2010 X-15 w/MCX
Quote:
Originally Posted by clrussell View Post
I think my week there was $1800 from air port pickup to drop off.

Room and board Included in their private lake house, food provided. Perfect water all day every day..

3-4 sets a day at 30 minutes each is what they say.. Honestly I was dead after 20 minutes and day 5 I barely rode I was so sore lol. I'd go back tomorrow if I could. The best vacation I've been on without my wife. I'll be going back sooner than later I hope.
I took my four sets on both Thursday and Friday. I scheduled my return flight late so that I can fit in all four on Friday.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, Wow! What a Ride! ~~ Hunter S. Thompson
---
My wakeboard is calling, and I must go ride! ~~ Me
---
It is better to light one small candle than to curse the darkness. ~~ Chinese fortune cookie