Go Back   TeamTalk > News & Information > Team Talk Forum Help- Forum Issues Only

Old 02-14-2008, 10:08 PM
Herrema4

Cool Norris Lake

Trying to plan a family vacation to Norris Lake in June and are wondering what is the best area of the lake we should be looking at.
Celebrating the parents 50th Anniv. and are coming with a family of 15.
Need some good barefooting water.
Old 02-15-2008, 07:45 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 1995 PS190
Send a message via AIM to OhioProstar
Here are a number of houses that you can rent from owners directly. Some can sleep up to 20. If you want decent water for footing I would suggest somewhere south in the Big Creek, Whitman Creek area. Plus you have better access to the main lake.

http://www.vrbo.com/vacation-rentals...ssee/east#4422
http://www.norrislakemarinas.com//im...-map-large.jpg
Old 02-15-2008, 09:11 AM
TT Regular

Boat: 2005 X-2 MCX
Deerfield has the best selection of houses but the water is very choppy around this area. You can find good water by going east of Deerfield past the Peninsula housing development. There is a big horseshoe area that has good water (except when my family is surfing in this area) and the water gets better ( except for the stretch in front of Flat Hollow Marina) as you go up the Powell River section of the river. The stretch of water between Hog Back and Union County Marina is great. There is also a great cove at Union County Marina. Davis Creek toward Powell Valley Marina is usually very good. You can find good places all around Norris. Barefooters usually are out early in the morning. If you find a place to stay, post it to this forum for feedback. Some houses look great but they have steep access to the water or there location might not be ideal.
Old 02-15-2008, 09:15 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: 2002 X30 ltr
sorry bro i am at center hill!! i wish i could help!!!!

Resident TeamTalk Jacka$$
2002 black X30
1973 s&s project
Look for me on CHL!! I am in the black X30 with the stars and stripes flying off the tower!!!
Old 02-15-2008, 11:27 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: MasterCraft Prostar 205V "wakeboard edition", 2004
Weekend or Weekday trip? Weekday you'll probably find good water more readily.
You could also do a houseboat. We have friends with a house in Deerfield, so we do that a few times a year and always do a houseboat trip out of Beach Insland Marina ( formely www.pennington33bridgemarina.com ). Tons of fun and good water...
Old 02-15-2008, 12:03 PM
MC Hero

Boat: Gone
Check with TT member Prostar19, he posted this thread sometime last fall and it is a nice house, http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/sh...98&postcount=1. It is in some good water, near a slalom course. He can give you better info than I can!

Quote: 2RLAKE,
At some point in time people need to wake up, remove their cranial intrusion into their own rectal areas, and take responsibility for their own actions.