Go Back   TeamTalk > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Old 01-16-2008, 04:28 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 1999 MariStar 230 VRS 5.7 Indmar Vortec
Thumbs up Skidim

While visiting family in Columbia, S.C. I decided to stop by SKIDIM in Chapin, S.C. I had ordered from them in the past and had gotten excellent service. I needed a fluid extraction device and decided to check with them while I was there. The carried the "Suck Up" which I had seen on the Internet and they had the best price. The owner Vince said "come on back to the shop we are using one now to drain a tranny and you can see how you like it." I loved it. He even opened mine to make sure it was working right. He showed me two complete and functional engines that they use to test parts on before they are shipped to cust. They are all skiers/boarders etc. I mentioned that arthritis in my hands had probably ended my days of"laying the slalom down" he said wait here a minute" he goes to the garage where his boat is and comes back with a pair of his ski gloves and a handle. He has me put on the gloves and grab the handle while he pulls hard. He now tells me to ease up my grip. Like magic it was easy to hold and he was still pulling. The glove have some pretty heaving duty webbing for fitting. Part of his webbing forms what would look a dowel toward the front where the fingers bend. He then told me to take them with me and hoped they would help. What a kind thing to do.
The metal building is behind their home and is not all that big but, very nice and well stocked. Lots of pictures on the walls of guys and gals on the tour thanking them for various things they had done to help them. If you are looking for a great place run by a strong Christian family then give them a shot.
Old 01-16-2008, 04:54 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2008 Pro Star 197 TT #58 of 100
Great place skidim is about an hour away from me. Super nice people. By the way a picture of my boat is on that wall. So is TmcNo1 boat.
Old 01-16-2008, 07:56 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2004 MasterCraft ProStar 197
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce
I mentioned that arthritis in my hands had probably ended my days of"laying the slalom down" he said wait here a minute" he goes to the garage where his boat is and comes back with a pair of his ski gloves and a handle. He has me put on the gloves and grab the handle while he pulls hard. He now tells me to ease up my grip. Like magic it was easy to hold and he was still pulling. The glove have some pretty heaving duty webbing for fitting. Part of his webbing forms what would look a dowel toward the front where the fingers bend. He then told me to take them with me and hoped they would help. What a kind thing to do.
Those gloves are called "Clinchers", and the only down side I have heard from others who use them is that occasionally you can have issues with a one handed turn if you do not release correctly.

Steve

2004 Prostar 197 - Red on White

350 TBI, Perfect Pass, Heater, Shower and a whole lot of fun!
Old 01-16-2008, 09:32 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: MasterCraft ProStar 197 TT, 2004, MCX 350hp, PowerSlot
SKIDIM is awesome. They haven't helped me with my MC yet, but were very helpful with my previous boat. I can't give them enough credit. Your story just goes to show how gracious they really are.

2006 HO Nitro
Old 01-16-2008, 09:52 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 1999 MariStar 230 VRS 5.7 Indmar Vortec
Quote:
Originally Posted by WTRSK1R
Those gloves are called "Clinchers", and the only down side I have heard from others who use them is that occasionally you can have issues with a one handed turn if you do not release correctly.

Steve
Steve do you happen to know who carries them? My daughter has rheumatoid arthritis and they might help her as well. Any guess on price?
Thanks,
Bruce
Old 01-16-2008, 10:02 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 2000 Prostar 190
I got my clinchers from www.wileyski.com Something like $50. Another great vendor.
Old 01-16-2008, 10:45 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 77 S&S, 1983 S&& PS, and now a 98 Anniversary S&S LT1 PS
I have a pair of Clinchers (medium size) that I bought last year. I used them only one time and did not care for them (because of the one handed turn issue), so they are in like new shape.
I would like to sell them if anyone is interested so send me a pm.