Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Upholstery

Old 01-15-2008, 11:48 AM
TT Newbie

Boat: 1988 Prostar 190
Question 79 Stars & Stripes upholstrey

I am redoing a 79 Stars & Stripes, does anyone have a picture of the original upholstrey? Thank you.
Old 01-15-2008, 01:35 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 1979 Mastercraft, 1998 ProStar 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by bionoprene
I am redoing a 79 Stars & Stripes, does anyone have a picture of the original upholstrey? Thank you.
What specifically do you want? I have several pics of mine, but redid some stuff.....
Old 01-15-2008, 04:08 PM
TT Newbie

79 S & S Restore

All upholstrey pictures, just looking to see the original design of the upholstrey. I bought mine used and the upholstrey is not original. I would like to restore it to the original look. Any photos would help. Thanks
Old 01-15-2008, 05:09 PM
MC Devotee

Quote:
All upholstrey pictures, just looking to see the original design of the upholstrey. I bought mine used and the upholstrey is not original. I would like to restore it to the original look. Any photos would help. Thanks
PM at you............
Old 01-15-2008, 05:24 PM
MC Devotee

Here are some pics, there might have been some variations in interiors that year, my original had stupid buttons on the seats and motor cover that rusted underneath with time and popped off. I did away with them. This new upholstry is as close to the original in color that was available.. I do have a backseat but leave it out most of the time. Hope this helps...
Attached Images

Old 01-16-2008, 12:57 AM
TT Newbie

That is funny, I have the exact same boat, same color. Thank you for the pictures. Did any of the S&S have the stars on the upholstrey in line like the engine cover? Your boat looks like it is in great shape. Did you have it repainted or is it all original paint and gelcoat? Thank again for the photo's.
Old 01-16-2008, 01:15 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: 1993 Prostar 205
Send a message via AIM to cbryan70
was 79 the first year the put upholstry over the engine cover? my 78 doesnt have that
Old 01-16-2008, 07:04 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: '85 Stars and Stripes
In '85 it was considered a premium option (though, most opted for it), so it may have been the same in '78/'79.
Click here if you need prayer, or wish to pray for those who do.
Old 01-16-2008, 08:09 AM
MC Devotee

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbryan70
was 79 the first year the put upholstry over the engine cover? my 78 doesnt have that
Do not know for sure but I think so....buddy of mine has a beat 78 and no engine cover upholstry on it, just the fiberglass cover....
Old 01-16-2008, 08:14 AM
MC Devotee

Quote:
That is funny, I have the exact same boat, same color. Thank you for the pictures. Did any of the S&S have the stars on the upholstrey in line like the engine cover? Your boat looks like it is in great shape. Did you have it repainted or is it all original paint and gelcoat? Thank again for the photo's.

I have never seen stars in a row on the engine cover, like I said earlier, mine had stupid buttons in a row on the middle of the cover that all popped off.

Thanks for the compliment on this boat, it was repainted, I worked dilligently on trying to restore original gel coat, just to far sun faded, so I painted it. The black metalflake stripe around the hull is original and looks like brand new....