Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > Watersports > Wakeboarding & Wakeskating

Old 01-01-2008, 12:19 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 2000 X-star
Talking new wakeboard

got a ebay gift certificate for christmas and looking for a new board, i have a 2005 state 140 now and want to go to something with more pop, love the air.... i rode a 137 era last year and liked it but the more i read i think i want a 135 or 140 imperial ..... does anyone ride this board ? I live in ohio and can't really do any demos untill spring but am itching to get something.... GO BUCKS !!!
Old 01-01-2008, 01:09 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2011 Sanger DXII L96
I have heard good things about the imperial. Im sure NoSkeez can jump in here and offer his proffesional opinion. What ever you do pickup some CWB bindings to go on it. Hinge Tech is the only way to fly.
Old 01-01-2008, 01:09 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2011 Sanger DXII L96
I have heard good things about the imperial. Im sure NoSkeez can jump in here and offer his proffesional opinion. What ever you do pickup some CWB bindings to go on it. Hinge Tech is the only way to fly.
Old 01-01-2008, 06:03 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: Mastercraft Maristar 225, 1993. 320 HP PCM V8 with mastercraft headers, hoses, and gaskets. New 4 piece Boss Audio stereo.
The IMP is awesome!! Butch did a really good job with the shape, and the three stage rocker on it is nothing short of amazing!! Plenty of pop!! Are you looking for an 08?? The 08 Murray bindings are awesome, but if you're more of a freestyle rider, I'd check into the CWB Answers!!
Old 01-01-2008, 06:49 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: X-STAR 2006 MCX
I have and really like the hyperlite Murray. I also have the Liquid force Watson bindings on it. The are really comfy and easy for my big foot to get in and out but still have great support and responsiveness.
Old 01-01-2008, 07:18 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: Malibu Response LX w/ LS1
Like DuckGuy said, I had the Imperial as my demo board for this past summer. Coming off just about every other three stage board in the Hyperlite line, I was most impressed with the Imperial. It is a more controllable pop than something like the Byerly or previous Parks, but more agressive than a continuous rocker board like the Murray. If you've been impressed with any of Butch's other masterpeices (Byerly Shapes), you will be pleasantly surprised and happy with the Imperial. When we got the Ibex in towards the end of the summer I rode that as well, but still preferred the Imperial. With a little more time, and riding behind a better weighted boat, the Ibex may grow on me, as I've always been a fan of Parks' boards.

Just my

Either way, keep us posted on your decision! I've still got my demo Imperial available as well, with a nice little discount... Let me know if you're interested!
Old 01-01-2008, 08:12 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 2000 X-star
Thanks No Skeez, always interested in a discounted board... the only thing is i'm trying to use the ebay cert. my wife got me.... maybe i can use it on something else , what size and how much would you take for the demo imp.
Old 01-01-2008, 08:23 PM
TT Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabehonda
Thanks No Skeez, always interested in a discounted board... the only thing is i'm trying to use the ebay cert. my wife got me.... maybe i can use it on something else , what size and how much would you take for the demo imp.
Well as it turns out... we have an ebay store where the board will be relisted by the end of the week... Not sure on a price as Im not at work, but when Im back on Thursday Ill let you know!
Old 01-03-2008, 11:35 AM
TT Enthusiast

Here you go:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MESE:IT&ih=008

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MESE:IT&ih=008
Old 01-03-2008, 11:54 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 01 X-Star
www.boardersbestbuy.com has a brand new Imperial on sale today for $139. Not trying to cut Wakesteez out of a sale, just spreading some info.