Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Storage / Winterization

Old 07-12-2016, 02:19 AM
TT Newbie

Boat: MC X2 2008
2008 X2 Speedometer Issue

Greetings,

My X2 speedometer intermittently stops working. There are times we are sitting still and it reads 20 MPH, times we are going 10 and it says 50, etc... I have videos of 2-3 examples. I've done all the resets I can and have pulled the triducer. The connections look fine.

Questions:
The Triducer is an Airmar P617V but for the life of me I can't find a replacement online.

There was a sleeve with a cooper metal sleeve between the Triducer and thru hull piece. Could this have worked loose and caused the problem? If so, where does it go back? It has a small metal pin that looks like it is part of a hinge but there doesn't appear to be any place to reconnect it.

Thank You!
Attached Images

Old 07-12-2016, 08:51 AM
TT Regular

Boat: MasterCraft Tristar 1985, MasterCraft 1990 Power Slot,MasterCraft 1995 190,MasterCraft X14
Having the same problem with the same part. Try just unplugging it. I use an app on my iPhone for speed and rpm mode on the perfect pass with the AirMac unplugged.
Old 07-13-2016, 08:39 AM
TT Regular

Boat: MasterCraft Tristar 1985, MasterCraft 1990 Power Slot,MasterCraft 1995 190,MasterCraft X14
Good news bad news

I talked to service folks at Airmar and MasterCraft and unfortunately we will have to buy this part from MasterCraft and it is $550.39 from my dealer. The unit is the same with several suppliers like Furno but the software is propriety for MasterCraft and they are the only supplier. The part number from MasterCraft is 509135.
Old 07-13-2016, 12:53 PM
TT Newbie

Thanks for the info. I'll try it one more time this weekend and see how it goes before biting the bullet.
Old 07-13-2016, 05:58 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2009 x15
I would be inclined to go this direction, http://www.nauticlaugic.com/nl4-sr%20packages.html , if thats an option, i haven't looked into the details
Old 07-15-2016, 08:38 PM
TT Regular

See my post. The software will not work with anything but MasterCraft. So I am told. BTW my replacement has the copper spring in it and it is to close the flap to keep the water out if you have to pull the Triducer in the water. The flap keeps the water from flooding the bilge till you get the blanking plug in place.
Old 07-17-2016, 01:30 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2009 x15
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjbrothers View Post
See my post. The software will not work with anything but MasterCraft. So I am told. BTW my replacement has the copper spring in it and it is to close the flap to keep the water out if you have to pull the Triducer in the water. The flap keeps the water from flooding the bilge till you get the blanking plug in place.
Nauticlogic doesnt replace triducer, just plugs inline for gps speed, their website says it will work.
Old 09-04-2017, 11:43 PM
TT Newbie

For the life of me I can't find where to start a new post. Regardless, the saga continues with the gauges in my 2008 X2. The bouncing continues no matter what I try/do. I had given up and was going to have the dealer find the problem this winter...until this weekend.

We were two hours into the day and all off a sudden the boat wouldn't start. We were close to the dock so we towed back and gave the boat a once over since we had never had any issues. We started at the batteries and tightened everything we could find. Finally we found the ground on the starter was really loose. After tightening it, the boat started...but...

Now I have no gauges(analog and VDIG) except the battery voltage and air temp. There is power to all the gauges, power to the MMC, etc... from what I can tell no signal is coming from the engine but it doesn't make any sense.

We tried every fuse we can find(under dash and behind kick panel) and all are good.

It must have something to do with tightening the negative on the starter but what?

We've still got 45 days left and I'd love to have gauges!

Thank you!

Last edited by mrhanson; 09-05-2017 at 12:05 AM.

Tags
x2 speedometer problems