Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > Watersports > Wakeboarding & Wakeskating

Old 11-28-2007, 10:21 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: tige 22i, 2006, vortec
bindings question

i just bought a cwb transcend platinum 138. i just have the board right now, and i was looking for bindings to get. Does is matter if i get the same brand as the board or not? and what bindings would you guys recomend for the board anyways.
Old 11-28-2007, 10:40 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: Mastercraft Maristar 225, 1993. 320 HP PCM V8 with mastercraft headers, hoses, and gaskets. New 4 piece Boss Audio stereo.
I suppose you got the '07 model?? It's an awesome board, I love CWB, and the transcend is exceptional!!

I would recommend going with the CWB bindings as well, they provide great support, and the Hinge Tech makes them easy to get into!!

Are you planning on riding at a higher skill level in the near future, or are you going to stay at a beginner level for a long time?? IMO if you think that you'll be progressing quickly I would wait til '08 and pick up the CWB Zeus boots. CWB flipped the direction of the hinge tech, it snaps down now I believe, and they are closed toe boots that provide more ankle support and more control!!

If you are staying at a lower level, I would highly recommend the CWB Vapors! They are Open Toe, Hinge Tech boots that provide great mid-level/beginner support!

As of now, I ride the CWB Kink, 142 With XL Vapor bindings. Favorite set-up I've ever ridden, ya can't beat the CWB!!

I'll soon be buying a Hyperlite board, hopefully the B-Side for when I work at Camp Ozark this summer!!
Old 11-29-2007, 01:21 AM
TT Newbie

Boat: tige 22i, 2006, vortec
thanks, i started riding last year. it would be safe to say im not looking to be any super star wakeboarder. i just go down to our over crowded lake on weekends during the summer. i would say i progressed pretty fast tho, i can land stuff like tantrums, whirlybirds, and 540s. im just out there having fun, my main sport is wrestling. but thanks for the help. ill look into those bindings
Old 11-29-2007, 03:39 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: Mastercraft Maristar 225, 1993. 320 HP PCM V8 with mastercraft headers, hoses, and gaskets. New 4 piece Boss Audio stereo.
If you're throwing tantrums, whirlys, and 5's I would suggest the Zeus bindings

check em out here!!

http://wake-space.com/merchant.mvc?S...egory_Code=A1e

If you're really interested in them, send me a PM, and I'll hook you up with a deal on a new pair!!
Old 11-29-2007, 07:22 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: MasterCraft, X-1, 2007, RTP-1
Send a message via AIM to Lennyp04
Factions are good bindings, the hinge tech is very nice!

2007 MasterCraft X-1, RTP-1, Ballast, MC Cruise, swivel board racks, Glacier White and Midnight Black
Old 11-29-2007, 10:36 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2002 X Star
I personally don't know anything about this binding, but this appears to be a great deal.........today only.

http://www.boardersbestbuy.com/

2002 X Star
Sold - 76 S&S
Old 11-29-2007, 11:11 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: MASTERCRAFT 1983, 351 FORD PCM
Buy Wake dot com has 07 Liquid Force Transits on sale for $219.00. These are excellent bindings at a great price. Very supportive
Old 11-29-2007, 11:50 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: 1993 Prostar 205
Send a message via AIM to cbryan70
God you can do that after a year! Must have a good teacher or get out ALOT. Ive been wakeboarding for a few years now just messing around basically and im happy to clear the wake....what wake my boat throws
Old 11-29-2007, 12:40 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: X2 2005
CWB Zeus bindings

What size is your foot? I may be selling my set (and not happy about it) right DEER..

PM Me
Old 11-29-2007, 06:32 PM
MC Fanatic

yes, REX knows what's up! The Zeus bindings are the best out there right now, IMO, only thing better are the Slingshot PB's which fit just like snowboard bindings!!