Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Engine / Drive Train

Old 03-16-2005, 09:23 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: Maristar 240 1989 454 cu. in. 13/13 prop.
Which Block Drain

Hey All,

Last fall was the first winterization I did on my 454. Actually a buddy helped me so that's why I have this question. On the starboard side of the engine there are TWO block drains within about 2" of each other...My buddy, did this side of the block while I did the other side...I recall him telling me that one was apparently the drain and the other wasn't....he's since moved away and is out of touch.

Anyone have a clue - I'm installing a shower this weekend (hopefully) and need to tap that side of the motor for hot water. Sorry, my digital camera is still buried in a box somewhere from when we moved...

Wes

while you're sleeping, things are breaking
'89 Maristar 240, 454, 1:1, 13:13 Acme
Old 03-16-2005, 10:12 AM
MC Addict

Boat: MasterCraft PS205 351 HO
Lightbulb

More likely it’s the one farther back to the rear. Or just open one at a time to see what one water comes out of

The wife calls me abrasive
The kids call me Daddy Sweetwater
But the ladies, they just call me El Guapo
Old 03-16-2005, 10:29 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: MasterCraft, ProStar 190, 1986, 351.
whats the deal with these showers? are you putting a shower on you mastercraft?
Old 03-16-2005, 10:41 AM
MC Addict

Boat: MasterCraft PS205 351 HO
J

You use it to fill the inside of your wet suit with hot water before you get in the water

The wife calls me abrasive
The kids call me Daddy Sweetwater
But the ladies, they just call me El Guapo
Old 03-16-2005, 11:06 AM
Leroy

THere's been couple of threads with installation instructions posted. I think this one cover install also, but not sure if it covers your engine.

I also want a shower, maybe install for the fall.

http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/sh...install+shower
Old 03-16-2005, 12:24 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: Maristar 240 1989 454 cu. in. 13/13 prop.
Hey All,

Here’s what I’ve come up with for my shower –

I’ve bought Aquatik’s mixing valve, I’m pretty sure I bought just the valve for $40. I found a shower head with on/off “switch” built into the handle at some health care supply place for $25 with about 6 ½ feet of hose. I bought a SureFlo on-demand pump (2.2 gpm) on e-bay for about $60.

I’ll “T” my raw water line AFTER the pump to pick up cold water and tap the starboard side block drain to pick up hot water. These two lines will run back to the mixing valve. Then from the valve to the pump is a single line of “tempered” water, then from the pump to the shower head and voila! The pump will have it’s electrical switch on the dashboard and will be turned on at the beginning of the day. The pump will then only actually run when the “on/off” switch on the shower head is turned “on”.

Simple as that….

while you're sleeping, things are breaking
'89 Maristar 240, 454, 1:1, 13:13 Acme
Old 03-16-2005, 12:42 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: '83 Metalflake Blue on Grey S&S Powerslot, 351W
Quote:
Originally Posted by wesgardner
Hey All,

Here’s what I’ve come up with for my shower –

I’ve bought Aquatik’s mixing valve, I’m pretty sure I bought just the valve for $40. I found a shower head with on/off “switch” built into the handle at some health care supply place for $25 with about 6 ½ feet of hose. I bought a SureFlo on-demand pump (2.2 gpm) on e-bay for about $60.

I’ll “T” my raw water line AFTER the pump to pick up cold water and tap the starboard side block drain to pick up hot water. These two lines will run back to the mixing valve. Then from the valve to the pump is a single line of “tempered” water, then from the pump to the shower head and voila! The pump will have it’s electrical switch on the dashboard and will be turned on at the beginning of the day. The pump will then only actually run when the “on/off” switch on the shower head is turned “on”.

Simple as that….
Great idea! This would be a great addition to the "How to" section... if we ever have one.