Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Upholstery

Old 11-15-2007, 03:50 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 1988 Prostar 190
MC Interiors

We all know that MC no longer makes skins for boats more than 10 years old.

Someone out there needs to pick up on this market. Obviously someone is making some money on a similar endevor with CC skins.

I ran across this site http://www.nautiqueskins.com/

1997 Prostar 190, TBI 350, 1:1, OJ XMP 13 x 11.5, Stargazer, Hot Shower, Heated Drivers Seat, Reuben/Mountain Rock/Nite Navy

Old 11-15-2007, 03:54 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 2005 Prostar 197 / MCX
I shoulda been a seamstress
Old 11-15-2007, 04:09 PM
MC Hero

Boat: Gone
According to this post, it's 6 years, http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/sh...19&postcount=1

There is also atlfootr's man Jim in Maryville, TN,http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/sh...80&postcount=1, who has been trying, .........................but?

Quote: 2RLAKE,
At some point in time people need to wake up, remove their cranial intrusion into their own rectal areas, and take responsibility for their own actions.

Last edited by TMCNo1; 11-15-2007 at 04:14 PM.
Old 11-15-2007, 04:35 PM
MC Hero

Boat: 1998 Ski Nautique
Yeah, last I heard it was 6 years. I think CC itself offers skins back at least 9 or 10 years (or so I've heard). The people on CCFan swear by the folks at nautique skins though, so they must do a pretty good job.

Red 1998 Closed Bow Ski Boat, Ford 351, 310 hp, Acme 4 blade, Perfect Pass SG.

FAQ

Tyler Ski Club

To me, this forum is about love of inboard boats. It is about the sharing of information and, on a good day, some humor. It is not about post count, brand of boat, or any other superfluous labels that lend themselves to a false sense of superiority. Please, respect one another, try to pass on accurate information, and keep your eye on the ball.
Old 11-15-2007, 05:23 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: SN 196 previous 93 stars&stripes 190 red
Hummmmmm I may need to tall someone
Old 11-15-2007, 05:45 PM
MC Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by east tx skier
Yeah, last I heard it was 6 years. I think CC itself offers skins back at least 9 or 10 years (or so I've heard). The people on CCFan swear by the folks at nautique skins though, so they must do a pretty good job.
the more I look at the site I have a feeling that nautiqueskins probably have some very close relationship to CC themselves. Probably some sort of family member or friend of one. CC is pretty insetul like that with their distributers and all.

1997 Prostar 190, TBI 350, 1:1, OJ XMP 13 x 11.5, Stargazer, Hot Shower, Heated Drivers Seat, Reuben/Mountain Rock/Nite Navy

Old 11-15-2007, 05:47 PM
MC Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by east tx skier
Yeah, last I heard it was 6 years. .
Even worse. I'm sorry but MC does a pretty cr@ppy job at supplying parts for their customers. Anything prior to 2000 and you are pretty much on your own.

Old 11-15-2007, 05:51 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: Mastercraft, Prostar 205v, 2000, Zero Flex Tower
Interior skins

I have been dealing with the interior issue and have heard the following: MC is keeping skins for 7 years but the year starts/ends with the introduction of the new model year. 2000 skins were available until August of 2007 when the 2008 models became available.

In the past MC used an early generation database (as did everybody else) and as such was unable to store all or the colors and features/options combinations on the boats they sold. They have upgraded to a more sophisticated RDBMS (Oracle, SQL Server, SAP).

Going forward the boat I.D. will have a more accurate association and record of all of the colors and features purchased. This should allow for better recall and as such will enable MC to create a process time limit vs. a system based time limit. I look for MC to keep parts including skins for 10 years going forward.
Old 11-15-2007, 06:03 PM
MC Hero

Boat: 1998 Ski Nautique
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianM
the more I look at the site I have a feeling that nautiqueskins probably have some very close relationship to CC themselves. Probably some sort of family member or friend of one. CC is pretty insetul like that with their distributers and all.
I think it's especially useful for a lot of folks on that site that have the 30 and 40 year old boats. For 9 and 10 year old boats, the price break wasn't too spectacular for what they could be ordered for from the factory, or so I'm told.

Still, it's nice to have options.

Red 1998 Closed Bow Ski Boat, Ford 351, 310 hp, Acme 4 blade, Perfect Pass SG.

FAQ

Tyler Ski Club

To me, this forum is about love of inboard boats. It is about the sharing of information and, on a good day, some humor. It is not about post count, brand of boat, or any other superfluous labels that lend themselves to a false sense of superiority. Please, respect one another, try to pass on accurate information, and keep your eye on the ball.
Old 11-15-2007, 08:18 PM
MC Hero

Boat: Gone
Quote:
Originally Posted by 450hp@bellsouth.net
I have been dealing with the interior issue and have heard the following: MC is keeping skins for 7 years but the year starts/ends with the introduction of the new model year. 2000 skins were available until August of 2007 when the 2008 models became available.

In the past MC used an early generation database (as did everybody else) and as such was unable to store all or the colors and features/options combinations on the boats they sold. They have upgraded to a more sophisticated RDBMS (Oracle, SQL Server, SAP).

Going forward the boat I.D. will have a more accurate association and record of all of the colors and features purchased. This should allow for better recall and as such will enable MC to create a process time limit vs. a system based time limit. I look for MC to keep parts including skins for 10 years going forward.
This is the latest info,
SEAT SKINS...Order Now
For those of you that have been putting off ordering skins
you might want to take the plunge now. Effective July 1 MasterCraft Corp will only produce skins newer than 2002. Right now you can order as far back as 1998. Get your skin orders in prior to July 1. What is needed is a FEW digital photos of the interior and your Hull ID #.

Don't Delay

Jim@BAWS

Quote: 2RLAKE,
At some point in time people need to wake up, remove their cranial intrusion into their own rectal areas, and take responsibility for their own actions.