Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > Watersports > Waterskiing & Barefooting

Old 09-10-2007, 05:04 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 0000000
André did his 1st tournament yesterday!!

André came to the Montreal MasterCraft Head to head yesterday & did great. We got there at 8am for registration & did a opening qualifying round of which André was the only one to complete 2 passes & to top it off he got 4 balls on his 3rd pass (28off), he placed 5th out off 18 skiers. I only placed 7th & a bunch of the higher end skiers did not even complete a pass in qualification.
Old 09-10-2007, 07:21 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 1991 ProStar 190
Send a message via Skype™ to Laurel_Lake_Skier
Way to go guys.......the practice does pay off!
Old 09-10-2007, 07:35 PM
MC Addict

Boat: MasterCraft PS205 351 HO
Congrats!!!

The wife calls me abrasive
The kids call me Daddy Sweetwater
But the ladies, they just call me El Guapo
Old 09-10-2007, 08:34 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 0000000
I didn't finish the story!

The Qualifying round determines who you ski against in the head to head ,so the top finishers ski against the bottom rated guy's. Not a gimme seeing as alot of good skiers did not even complete a pass, which leads to André & I , he had to ski against a 10 year old who starts @ 26mph 15off in the first round, I don't know if you realize that a 6'3" guy who is about 200lb does not have an easy time of it a 26mph , André went down at ball 2 & the little kid went on for another 2 rounds ,while André settled for the consolation round ( don't remember how that went).I got to ski against a 14 year old who's starting speed was 28mph & skied 28-30-32 & beat him at 34mph & afterwards found out that he normally skis into 36-mph 22off & was using the low speed as a grown up killer strategy . I got taken out the next round @ dare I say it 22off. Scott our winter waterski video king came in second after losing to a 16 year old @ 28off (Scott's normal first gimme pass). all in all it was tons of fun & it was great to see André & Natalie.
Attached Images

Old 09-10-2007, 09:41 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: Prostar 190 1994
HEY,THAT WAS 5.5 BALLS AT 26 MPH 15 OFF!
That was a lot of fun and VERY different from skiing at my own site with always perfect conditions!
They had side by side courses like you see at Ski Paradise ,both courses were very close to so that the 1,3,5 bouys of the left course are almost line up with 2,4,6 of the other one so you could take a glance at your competitor while skiing.Some guys were beat just because they thought that the other guy had fell and stopped skiing.
Had to ski against that 10 years old kid at his starting speed of ...26 mph!All the guys were giving me advices like i was going to ski at 41 off.
They all told me NOT to reach at bouys which was the first mistake i made.By 6 ball,i was sinking to my ankles and the ski stayed there and i went down...at 26 mph,15 off!
Water was very rough for qualifying but could have done better if it wouldn't have been for that horrible 197 wake ...(Did i type that out loud?)
Old 09-10-2007, 09:42 PM
MC Platinum

Boat: 2000 MasterCraft ProStar 205 DD
Congrats Andre!!!!!!!
Old 09-10-2007, 09:43 PM
MC Hero

Boat: 1998 Ski Nautique
Way to go, Andre!!!

Red 1998 Closed Bow Ski Boat, Ford 351, 310 hp, Acme 4 blade, Perfect Pass SG.

FAQ

Tyler Ski Club

To me, this forum is about love of inboard boats. It is about the sharing of information and, on a good day, some humor. It is not about post count, brand of boat, or any other superfluous labels that lend themselves to a false sense of superiority. Please, respect one another, try to pass on accurate information, and keep your eye on the ball.
Old 09-10-2007, 11:14 PM
TT Regular

Boat: Correct Craft, SN, 1990, 351w
That's great for Andre & what a cool event.
why did everyone have to ski against someone so much older or younger? wouldn't it make sense to pit skiers of the same ability off one another.

we should organize something like that here in Ontario. any ideas you can throw my way would be great. I can approach some of the local dealers.

I'm also glad to hear that the mastercraft dealer is a big supporter of slalom skiing. I find that most ski boat dealers in Ontario are only interested in wakeboarding and the boats that tow that discipline. can't forget the roots!
Old 09-11-2007, 09:21 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: mastercraft, PS 197 TT 09 MCX PS
Thanks Brent and André for talking about my tournament, it is a small tournament but skiing against someone next to you is special (too close for André!!) compare to those long day skiing once or twice.

The way it goes it simple: your score of the morning round(rating ball count net) is post on a board for a seeding set-up(like tennis). Top seed against lower but you always start at the sppeed or line of the lowest seed. After the first two round, usually the kids are usually already in the consolation round but last sunday, André let one go thru...!!!

Anyway, my biggest accomplishment is to get some skiers in a tournament like the regular ones in the morning, but then ski another 3 to 5 sets and having fun at every ends talking to your ``competitor``.

I have not re-invent anything, it is existing already but rarely at a local tournament.

And yes I am proud of still covering the slalom tournament more then the wakeboard ones, even if I am selling more wakeboard boats!

That is why André skied behind 2 PS 197 TT with mini tower...

Michel

P.s: I will be glad to help you in anyway for having that format use in your future tournament

Last edited by MSOUCY-TT; 09-11-2007 at 09:47 PM.
Old 09-11-2007, 09:33 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: mastercraft, PS 197 TT 09 MCX PS
That tournament is actually more for those skiers that we don't see during regular event but are dying to ski that one. 2 courses next to each others, sitting and talking to you ``friend`` at every hand, running a 26 mph and being happy to come back at 28 mph because the kid is still there...it is all that.

Anyway, here are 2 links from the father of the winner. Scott came for winning(like in 04) so since he was not filming , it is not as professional as the January skiing movie! And he lost in final...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8DA09n8kfVE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yz0SyU9rA

Last edited by MSOUCY-TT; 09-11-2007 at 09:49 PM.