Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 04-13-2015, 06:47 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 1994 PS 190 TBI
Buying a new Highlander (2015)

Please help if you have input for me. I bought a new 2015 Camry XSE (6 Cylinder) last eek and my wife never really liked her 2012 4runner Limited (drives too much like a truck). I suggested a Highlander Limited Platinum package. She like the way they drive, we struck a deal w/ local dealer and now they can't come through. Pisses me off the negotiate on something they don't have. Either they could not come together on price with other dealer, couldn't trade cars, or they are jerking us around? How does an individual know "exactly where the inventory is w/o searching every dealer's site that may or may not be accurate. Why is it hard to find this vehicle. Hard to believe a $47K vehicle would be flying off the lots?
No incentives, not much dealing. At least I got some kind of incentive when I bought my $32.5 Camry last week.
Old 04-13-2015, 07:22 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2015 X23 SS 6.2L
Save your money and go buy a jeep Grand Cherokee. They are awesome cars and drive like a dream. The v6 will pull about 5500lbs and they offer a lot for the price. Give them a look!
Old 04-13-2015, 07:28 PM
MC Addict

Boat: 85' S&S
Plus you can get them in a diesel. My buddy just got a new GC and it is so freaking nice. We're gonna tow buds xstar with it, and with 400ft lbs of tq I think it'll do fine.
Old 04-13-2015, 07:36 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2008 Mastercraft X14 w/ LY6
H2O, my buddies wife bought one 2 months ago and loves it! While I am also a fan of the Grand Cherokee, you wont go wrong with the Highlander IMO. I drive a Tunda Platinum and its been the best truck I have owned. I bought a new Grand Cherokee in 2002 and the dealer didnt have the one I wanted and said there wasnt one available. I drove to 4 different dealers until I found what I was after. I then went back to my dealer and asked them if they could get it or I was going to head to the other dealer. I would have done that in the first place but hate car salesmen and didnt want to start the negotiation again. (sorry if anyone on here is an actual honest car sales person)
Old 04-13-2015, 09:20 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2010 Mastercraft X-15
I manage a Toyota Dealership so expect some bias but the Highlanders are flying off the lots. We are currently sold out of Limited and Platinum models and we are one of the largest dealers in the Southeast. If a dealer tells you they're going to get one from another dealer don't count on it because the other dealer won't trade it to them. Sorry to knock the Jeep but it did recently make the most unreliable car list along with the fiat 500 and Mini Cooper. The Diesel was 134% below average and the 4cyl 176% below. Can't source the link but it was front page on MSN a few days back.
Old 04-13-2015, 09:22 PM
MC Addict

Toyota doesn't have the best track record right now..
Old 04-13-2015, 09:23 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: mastercraft prostar 190 1992 w/powerslot
I know they are a long ay away from you , but , I work with Maplewood Toyota in Minnesota as their collision shop manager (Independent) they are one of the largest volume Toyota dealers in the country . Yes a Jeep is a nice rig but in my opinion cant hold a candle to the quality and longevity of a Toyota . Call them at 651-482-1322 and ask for Terry Burke , tell him Andy sent you his way . If they cant help you the rig you are looking for is not in the U.S.
Old 04-13-2015, 09:29 PM
MC Addict

Gosh Toyota has a cult following. Lol. What about the frames rusting through?
Old 04-13-2015, 09:47 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2015 X23 w/giant punkin motor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aric'sX15 View Post
Gosh Toyota has a cult following. Lol. What about the frames rusting through?
They don't talk about that sort of thing!! Although toyota was pretty good about fixing up their customers on that. My buddy just got a full frame replacement in his tundra for free. Truck is only about 6 years old and had a little over 100k on it. Very premature failure in my opinion, but hey, they replaced it free with no questions asked. Ironic thing was he got that tundra when toyota paid him 150% of book value for his old Tacoma.
Old 04-13-2015, 09:55 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 1994 PS 190 TBI
She has had a Jeep GC and loved it, but the ratings on them are not the best and resale is poor. Her old 4Runner Limited w/ 32K miles on it is worth only $6,000 less than we paid for it 3 years ago. They "kill it" when it comes to resale and we trade fairly often. What about just ordering one to specs? Can that/is that done anymore? 3/4 month wait?