Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 07-31-2014, 07:51 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: 2006 x45
i would like a new board

i am 5 4 and about 120 lbs i have a cwb ride and i only use the rope to get up them throw it i have taken out the two outer fins and i like it better but i would like a skim board but nothing too pricey and i have been thinking about a byerly buzz. oh and i ride behind a x45
Old 08-01-2014, 10:03 AM
TT Newbie

Boat: none
I have heard the Liquid Force skim boards are a pretty good bang for the buck. With that being said, I ride a Phase 5 Diamond and there's about a $200 difference between the two. I know Phase 5 has some boards that are priced in the same range or cheaper than the Byerly and Liquid force. There's also the general consensus that a wakesurf specific company's boards are better than a wakeboard company's.
Old 08-01-2014, 10:21 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2000 230 VRS
I've heard great things about the Victoria Factor. It's probably what I will get next.
http://wake.victoriaskimboards.com/factor/

Over July 4th California Marine Sport had it on sale for $398 shipped. I wanted to pull the trigger but money was too tight at the moment. I'm sure they'll go back to around that price after the summer.
Old 08-01-2014, 10:23 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: '99 205V
I normally ride a Ronix Marsh Mellow surf board which I like, and I also have a lot of riding time on the old Hyperlite Broadcast and a Byerly Volt. I tried the Buzz last week and absolutely killed it. Best surf set I've had. Of the skim types I mentioned above, the Buzz has the most speed. The Ronix I ride is comparable in speed but not responsiveness. The Buzz is also by far the lightest surf board I've ridden. The rails are somewhat rounded compared to the Broadcast and Volt, which I thought would effect the response but it doesn't. If you're thinking about getting it then don't hesitate.
Old 08-01-2014, 11:08 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2007 MasterCraft X2
I have/started on a CWB Ride and just tested the Byerly Buzz and Hazard. I went with the Hazard 4'8". It just worked better for me. If you can find a shop that will let you test boards, that would be a good way to go.
2006 F150 SCrew Puller
http://www.crowniehq.net
http://banners.wunderground.com/weat.../OR/Albany.gif