Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Engine / Drive Train

Old 08-05-2004, 02:58 PM
PWRHUNGRY

P.S. 190 Speedo Pick-up

Hey guys, I've got a 1994 Pro Star 190, and need a new speedo pick-up. However, the dealer here in Utah says they don't make that style anymore, and tried to sell me a cheap replacement. I look at it and tell her the holes don't line up. She says " oh just drill new holes" (in the glass)

What, how can they not have replacements available?

Any help would be appreciated. In case your wondering, this pick-up has a round shaped mounting surface.

Thanks
Pwrhungry

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- WOW-- What a Ride!"

Last edited by PWRHUNGRY; 08-05-2004 at 03:02 PM.
Old 08-05-2004, 03:00 PM
MC Hero

Boat: 1998 Ski Nautique
You're going to be hard pressed to find a new one that will match the hole pattern. On the plus side, the replacements (at least the ones they sell at skidim) are reported to not become clogged nearly as easily as the ones we have.

Welcome to the board!

Red 1998 Closed Bow Ski Boat, Ford 351, 310 hp, Acme 4 blade, Perfect Pass SG.

FAQ

Tyler Ski Club

To me, this forum is about love of inboard boats. It is about the sharing of information and, on a good day, some humor. It is not about post count, brand of boat, or any other superfluous labels that lend themselves to a false sense of superiority. Please, respect one another, try to pass on accurate information, and keep your eye on the ball.
Old 08-05-2004, 03:03 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: SN 196 previous 93 stars&stripes 190 red
It's true they are no longer avalable. Jake, Jeremy and I have been through this also. I haven't looked close enough but maybe you could drill a relocated hole in the mount not in the boat. One person put his on with two screws that lined up and left out the third. Wait till a speedo gauge goes out, they are selling for about $75.00 used on e-bay. I no longer need one and don't know if Jeremy got his taken care of.
Old 08-05-2004, 06:20 PM
TT Regular

Just did this exact thing. I got the p/u from DIM and used a dremel tool to slightly ovalize 2 of the 3 holes. I mounted with a very small bead of 3M 5200 and 2 screws in the existing hole...no problems and no drilling in glass.