Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > Find A Pull / Give a Pull

Old 07-27-2007, 09:37 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 1989 Prostar190
Free Ski !! High point, NC - Oak Hollow Lake

Going out tomorrow - Sat. July 28....anybody want a free pull? ....Tom

Last edited by Commandohorn; 07-28-2007 at 07:11 AM.
Old 07-27-2007, 09:55 PM
MC Addict

Boat: 1986 Tristar 220 351 pcm
I'd watch out posting your digits.......this is the internet....PM it instead........Wish I could be there, only an hour .5 away.....but the babysitter is only good for one night.....
Old 07-28-2007, 07:11 AM
TT Regular

Looks like rain today......
Old 07-28-2007, 08:56 AM
MC Hero

Boat: Gone
Calling for showers and thundershowers all day long and thru Monday!
We've never been to the High Point Parks and Rec. public boat ramp on Oak Hollow, just the ramp at Festival Park during a boat show, when we used it to put on a boat driving show for the spectators. We will have to get together one Sat. down there.

FYI, in front of Festival Park there is a complete Slalom, Jump, Trick course and Wakeboard course set up with sub bouys, along with sub bouys for the advertizing bolonga tubes. They were placed there in the early '90's for the Pro WaterSki Tour for the 2 events held there over the years and one Pro Wakeboard Tour event

Quote: 2RLAKE,
At some point in time people need to wake up, remove their cranial intrusion into their own rectal areas, and take responsibility for their own actions.

Old 07-28-2007, 09:15 AM
MC Hero

I just went to www.local.live.com and found the public ramp.
I understand they only use the ramp on the South side of the lake and limit the # of boats on the lake per day.
Hwy.68 Eastchester from I-40 to N. Centennial Rd. turn right, North till it changes to Oakview, then follow Oakview to the ramp, is that right?
I am sending you a PM.

At some point in time people need to wake up, remove their cranial intrusion into their own rectal areas, and take responsibility for their own actions.

Old 07-28-2007, 09:18 AM
TT Regular

That's it! I live on the lake, but you have to use the public launch, The course you mentioned is no longer there BTW. I'll check your PM...
Old 07-28-2007, 09:44 AM
MC Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commandohorn
That's it! I live on the lake, but you have to use the public launch, The course you mentioned is no longer there BTW. I'll check your PM...

It's still there, but it's the sub bouys 3' underwater, lines and anchors that are there.
There is a permenant survey pin near the dock on the bank at Festival park and with a transit, they can find the sub bouys in minutes and attach the skier bouys. I spent 3 days with the people from the Pro Tour setting it all up. It is a Certified World Record Capability course, for Slalom and Jump.

Old 07-28-2007, 09:45 AM
MC Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commandohorn

It's still there, but it's the sub bouys 3' underwater, lines and anchors that are there.
There is a permenant survey pin near the dock on the bank at Festival park and with a GPS/transit, they can find the sub bouys in minutes and attach the skier bouys. I spent 3 days with the people from the Pro Tour setting it all up. It is a Certified World Record Capability course, for Slalom and Jump.

Old 07-28-2007, 10:51 AM
TT Regular

I watched the ski show a few years ago when the Overton girls were competing, I didn't know the course was still there!
Old 07-28-2007, 10:24 PM
TT Regular

Glad nobody called...it poured today.. can't complain.. we needed it. If you are near HP keep my contact info though...