Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > Watersports > Wakeboarding & Wakeskating

Old 07-24-2007, 09:06 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: MasterCraft, X-1, 2007, RTP-1
Send a message via AIM to Lennyp04
Question Sponsorships and how to get them

I'm not ready to be sponsored because Iím not good enough yet but now with the X-1 I want to push myself to get better. If I was looking to get sponsored say next season what should I do or look for. I know competitions are always good. But as far as contacting a company or should they contact me?

Thanks

2007 MasterCraft X-1, RTP-1, Ballast, MC Cruise, swivel board racks, Glacier White and Midnight Black
Old 07-24-2007, 09:18 AM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 2008 MasterCraft ProStar 197
Send a message via AIM to erkoehler Send a message via MSN to erkoehler
what kind of tricks are you landing?
Old 07-24-2007, 10:33 AM
MC Devotee

Not many...that y i said im not good enough. Im landing wakejumps but at a 55 or 60 foot line. 180's not wake to wake. can do surface and a little switch. Trying to enhance my toeside. I want to try a tantrum this weekend. i know its a little out there but I really wana try even if i dont come close to landing it

2007 MasterCraft X-1, RTP-1, Ballast, MC Cruise, swivel board racks, Glacier White and Midnight Black
Old 07-24-2007, 10:48 AM
MC Hero

Boat: Gone
Just like traditional 3 event waterskiing, until you perform at sanctioned tournament after tournament, and knock them dead with your abilities, your performances are documented and then qualify and perform at State, Regional and National tournaments, not many watersports companies will even consider you for sponsorship or endorcements, then they usually approach you, because then you are on the podium with the best of the best.
Much like the current year Tournament Team boat owners, they are USA WaterSki rated skiers, officials, judges, and drivers who have earned the priviledge, by learning, performing and getting rated, then the boat companies want you to use their boat to take to tournaments, where you and the boat will perform, while representing them.
Good Luck, I know you can do it!

Quote: 2RLAKE,
At some point in time people need to wake up, remove their cranial intrusion into their own rectal areas, and take responsibility for their own actions.

Last edited by TMCNo1; 07-24-2007 at 11:18 AM.
Old 07-24-2007, 11:05 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2001 Prostar 205V
Where in the NoerthEast are you?

You need to start by competing in the INT League competitions.

http://www.intleague.com/

In New England you can contact Chris Davis, newenglandint@gmail.com
Old 07-24-2007, 11:05 AM
MC Devotee

Thanks for the info and encouragment. I will keep my eyes open for tournaments around my area. And until then i will keep improving and keep having fun!

Old 07-24-2007, 11:10 AM
MC Devotee

Im in pa on a lake which not to many people know where it is or know how to spell it. Its a Very large lake 13mi i think with 50-60 miles of shoreline. Lake Wallenpaupack. There was an INT event here at Sterling Marina, the marina right by my lakehouse, and i was going to compete in it but the problem is Sat and Sunday on my lake is crazy and its almost impossible to ride. That and I was in a bit of a "slump" wakeboarding wise...like i wasnt progressing and i was getting frustrated. So yeah Notheast PA, Lake Wallenpaupack