Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > Watersports > Wakeboarding & Wakeskating

Old 07-07-2007, 04:13 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: x-7 2004 350 vortec
1st ralley attempt this weekend.

so i was riding all day and the last trick i tried was the ralley. well the take off was perfect and the flight was great and my landing well my landing was bad. front of the board hit the water first and i couldnt control it and smash!. thought i broke my back but no i get out of the water and im spitting blood. meanwhile my ribs are numb so i cant tell if i broke a rib so we pack up the boat and head to the hospital an hour away from the lake. get there and get x rays and i find out i didnt break a rib i just brusied my lung haha just bruised. well thats good news i guess cause i can ride again next week and i will for sure pull in quicker next time
Old 07-07-2007, 04:55 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2008 X-Star, Red and Black, L18
congrats on the effort

maybe you should give it two weeks before you take another hit like that. anyway, i am proud of you for the courage to try the air-raley. i believe i could do it but i don't believe i could withstand the beating i would take to finally land it consistently. do you have a good coach or are you trying it by trial-and-error method? let us know when you get it but please don't push it too hard until you are physically ready. it sounds like you are mentally tough and that's a lot of it but maybe you could try on a wakeskate for a while to learn how to pull you legs back under you. good luck and please be careful.
Old 07-07-2007, 05:01 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 1989 ProStar 190 & 2006 X9
any tips on doing the ralley
Old 07-07-2007, 06:41 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2006 X1
1) Take a large strong cut with rope at your hips (load the line)
2) take off evenly on both feet
3) look down the rope towards the tower
4) pull the rope HARD to your hips and throw your head back
5) get the board under your feet and try to land on your heelside edge

Alternative...see post #1 above.

Funny, it's almost like ol' Wordsworth owned a Mastercraft!
Old 07-07-2007, 10:48 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: x-7 2004 350 vortec
this was my 1st real attempt i could do little half *** ones off the 2 up but they wernt anything. its really very easy just got to balls up hit it hard as hell i actually hit the wake on my heel edge hard and it really did the work for me and i pulled at my hips and didnt get in so i recommend pulling to the knees for that extra bit. that and dont get distracted its an awesome feeling. but if u do get distracted be prepared for a beating.

im going to go out next week and i think i should be able to land it im going to pullin pretty much right away and just get the landing down instead of feeling the float
Old 07-08-2007, 10:02 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2008 X2, MCX
One thing I did was wear the thick 100 mph jet ski life jackets when learning. I could hardly get my arms to the rope, but it protected my ribs.
Old 07-08-2007, 10:09 PM
MC Addict

Boat: 2002 Prostar 197 w/tower
Break the handle over your knee and that will help you get the board back under you. I wore my footing suit while working on them!

I'm pursuing my lifelong quest for the perfect, the absolutely driest martini to be found in this or any other world. And I think I may have hit upon the perfect formula :
Old 07-18-2007, 08:02 AM
TT Newbie

Boat: Mastercraft, X-10, 2004
once extended in the air I always find it easy to pull the rope downwards toward my knees to help bring the board back underneath. There is definately a sweet spot to find though. wait until your fully extended and naturally you will feel the point of when to pull it in. As soon as the tension on the rope returns.
Old 08-06-2007, 03:33 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: Mastercraft, X-45, MCX
Mine did not go so well. Knocked the breath out of me and I think I bruised my ribs. It is not fun trying to catch your breath and tread water in a Non-Approved vest.... Still very sore today and it was Friday on the wipeout.....

Maybe next weekend.
Old 08-06-2007, 04:58 PM
MC Addict

Boat: 2002 Prostar 197 w/tower
Quote:
Originally Posted by endl
Mine did not go so well. Knocked the breath out of me and I think I bruised my ribs. It is not fun trying to catch your breath and tread water in a Non-Approved vest.... Still very sore today and it was Friday on the wipeout.....

Maybe next weekend.
That's why I wore a barefoot suit. I also wore a larger vest backwards over my vest when I didn't have my suit with me. I was serious about the break the handle over your knee. Simulate this and it will help you swing back down and save your ribs!

I'm pursuing my lifelong quest for the perfect, the absolutely driest martini to be found in this or any other world. And I think I may have hit upon the perfect formula :