Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Engine / Drive Train

Old 07-06-2007, 11:38 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 89' Tristar 190
Running Rich???

I just got my carb back from the mechanic, he rebuilt it with a kit I supplied. I bolted it on and fired it up, but is smokes black like a bugger at idle and will load up after a few seconds. I tried to adjust the mixture screws by turning them in all the way and back out a 1/2 a turn but that didn't seem to work. Is there anything I should know about setting this thing up? Should the mech. have had it all set up? Would the P.C.V. vlave have anything to do with this. Once the revs climb and the boat is on plane it runs like a dream. Its just low speed and idle when it runs like crap. Any help is appreciated, oh BTW 4160 Holley on an 89' 351 Indmar.

Thanks

Kirk
Old 07-06-2007, 11:50 PM
MC Hero

Boat: Gone
Be sure the automatic choke is operating properly.

Quote: 2RLAKE,
At some point in time people need to wake up, remove their cranial intrusion into their own rectal areas, and take responsibility for their own actions.

Old 07-08-2007, 08:45 AM
TT Regular

Boat: 89' Tristar 190
You nailed it TMC, purple choke wire was unhooked. Hooked it up and runs like a dream now the choke isn't stuck on all the time.