Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 07-05-2007, 05:04 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 1996 Prostar 190, 350 EFI, PP, 13th Floor Tower
I've been around water as long as I can remember, but mostly as a fisherman and skier second.

The real obsession started in college when my roommate brought home a beat up '87 Prostar 190.... He provided me with the information that MC is the real deal and the rest is history!
Old 07-05-2007, 05:05 PM
TT Regular

Boat: Mastercraft, PS195, 2001
Went camping with a friend that had a 10ft aluminum fishing boat. I was able to talk my girlfriend (now wife) into selling her honda and buying a Jeep Cherokee, moving from a house we were renting to a townhouse (less rent to pay for boat) and bought our 1st boat, 84 Seaswirl I/O. Great runabout, had a 150hp v6 but was still able to pull a 225lb buddy of mine on a single ski. Pretty good ski wake for an I/O.
Old 07-05-2007, 05:10 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: None this week!
Grew up taking an annual camping trip for 1-2 weeks to Lake Mcaunahay (sp??) in Nebraska. My family had been going there since before I was born. I was a kneeboard fanatic until I was about 5 when I learned to ski on two skis behind a "gulp" PWC. The first boat that I remember our family having was a late 60's Glastron w/ a 115hp Johnson outboard.

MC's owned:
1986 Skier 19
1995 ProStar 190
2003 X-7
1994 ProStar 205 (current)
Old 07-05-2007, 05:47 PM
MC Hero

Boat: 1998 Ski Nautique
This is easily my favorite thread started this year. Nice work, Sodar!

/BUMP

Red 1998 Closed Bow Ski Boat, Ford 351, 310 hp, Acme 4 blade, Perfect Pass SG.

FAQ

Tyler Ski Club

To me, this forum is about love of inboard boats. It is about the sharing of information and, on a good day, some humor. It is not about post count, brand of boat, or any other superfluous labels that lend themselves to a false sense of superiority. Please, respect one another, try to pass on accurate information, and keep your eye on the ball.
Old 07-05-2007, 06:04 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1996 Prostar 190 bought it with 80 hrs in 06
ya its my favorite to

96 Red Prostar 190 with only 120hrs
Old 07-05-2007, 06:12 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 1989 Tristar 190
We used to rent a cabin on Deep Creek Lake in Maryland every year for the last week in August. Dad always rented a boat while we were there to fish and ski. My sister learned there and I tried the last summer we went (I was 9) but didn't get up. The next year my dad was transferred to Louisiana and he vowed to buy a boat which turned out to be a 21' Galaxy I/O 170 hp. I learned that summer to ski on 2. Saw someone barefoot and then proceeded to teach myself. Learned to Slalom and a neighbor had a 78 or 79 S&S that had been a promo boat and he took me to ski on the same lake that BrianM currently ski's on. Loved the boat, started skiing more and more and buying his wifes slalom's every other year.. skied with the ski team in college and the rest is history!
Old 07-05-2007, 06:18 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: MASTER CRAFT, PROSTAR TT197, 2010
My parents had boats before I born. My father just to have a woden Chris Craft in a lake near Mexico City. When they came to cancun to live they bought a Cuddy Nautique and my brother and sister learn to ski in that one, I remember that they also just to pull all of us on a windsurfing board. At 7 some friends teach me how to ski in slalom and tricks in a ski suprime. Then in 88 my father bought a barefoot nautique 2001. On february of 2006 my brother bought the PS197. My parents just to race sailboats since they were young and also my brothers and I so we have being in boats all our life. Living in cancun its easy.
Old 07-05-2007, 06:31 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 1976 Mastercraft Stars & Stripes 351W
I was born into a boating family, too. I've been around boats all my life. We would go to Lake Almanor in Northern CA every year for a month. My parents started going about 5 years before I was born. I would spend all my time on or in the water. I started skiing at age 4 behind a small (read=5hp) aluminum fishing boat. I was too skeered to ski behind the "big" boat, but overcame that quick...Started driving the boat at around 7 with supervision, 9 or 10 without. Pulling skiers started at 12 with supervision, and without at around 14 or 15. Of course, by "supervision", I mean that one of the older kids (probably 16 or 17) was in the boat with us...or skiing behind it

We skied behind the "big" boat until just 5 years ago:

It's still in the family, and my cousin's kids are learning to ski behind her now up in the Northwest...

I sorta wish I had kept that old boat, but I really couldn't justify keeping it after I bought the MC.

I bought the S&S because the wake is about like the wake behind the old Tahiti. I also bought it because I love the classic style...

Our '76 Stars & Stripes

Canis meus id comedit
Old 07-05-2007, 06:34 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: X2 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by east tx skier
This is easily my favorite thread started this year. Nice work, Sodar!

/BUMP
I 3rd this

Thank you Sodar!
Old 07-05-2007, 06:35 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 1992 Prostar 205 w/351 H.O. 4 Blade CNC Acme
Grew up on Sailboats that my dad had for as long as I could remember. One year there was a ski show in the Marina so we went to check it out. First time I had ever seen an inboard ski boat. 1984 MasterCraft Stars and Stripes and wanted one ever since then. We had various other boats in the family, but the 92 is the first one I can officially call "mine"

"The only reason people get lost in thought is because it is unfamiliar territory."