Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 07-05-2007, 03:28 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: '07 ProStar 197 w/ MCX
How Did It All Start??/ What's Your MC Story...

I stole this idea from another boat forum, but I think this will be a great topic of discussion, with many great stories and memories!

Who, What, When, Where and How did you get into boating? What was your first boat, first place you went, etc...

Last edited by Sodar; 07-05-2007 at 03:31 PM.
Old 07-05-2007, 03:32 PM
MC Addict

Boat: 2002 Prostar 197 w/tower
Parents were boat people. Mom skied and dad skied and fished. Grew up being a wally behind the old Top Tenner bassboat. First skied at 7. Jumped for the 1st time in college. Made 6th try at heli and 12th try at flips. Tought myself to foot after college. Got a job skiing and the rest is history as they say!

I'm pursuing my lifelong quest for the perfect, the absolutely driest martini to be found in this or any other world. And I think I may have hit upon the perfect formula :
Old 07-05-2007, 03:41 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 2006 X-1 MCX
I was 7 when I learned to ski behind a Sea Breeze boat. We moved on a lake when I was 11 and my dad bought a used Dorsett boat with a 4 Cyl. I/O...........I ran the heck out of that boat.............In college learned to trick, jump, & barefoot.........

My first MasterCraft was a 1982. Then I bought a ProStar 190 in 1998. And now have a 2006 X-1.

Name:  ss2 036.jpg
Views: 2793
Size:  33.6 KB

Name:  Picture 004.jpg
Views: 2449
Size:  40.0 KB

Name:  kingsley 064.jpg
Views: 2456
Size:  64.3 KB

Last edited by trickskier; 03-19-2008 at 07:28 AM.
Old 07-05-2007, 03:47 PM
MC Hero

Boat: 1998 Ski Nautique
In 1984, I went to Camp Longhorn (Ranch Branch) in Burnet, TX. A friend of mine who was at camp with me was going to a friend's lakehouse (I knew the guy, too) for the week after camp. When my parents picked me up, it turned out that we had been invited up to the friend's lakehouse, too. It became an annual tradition for several years after that. They had a Deck Boat center console I/O built by "Deckboat" in Gatesville, TX (I would later own a "Ski Deck" built by the same company as my first boat. The house was on Lake LBJ in "Blue Lake Estates." Great deck at that place.

Anyway, the friend's dad would pull us around on zip sleds for hours on end. Later, he taught us to ski tandem, then later slalom.

He (the dad) passed away a few years ago. I owe him a debt of gratitude for the patience he showed getting me up on slalom. Very time consuming process.

Here's the boat.

Red 1998 Closed Bow Ski Boat, Ford 351, 310 hp, Acme 4 blade, Perfect Pass SG.

FAQ

Tyler Ski Club

To me, this forum is about love of inboard boats. It is about the sharing of information and, on a good day, some humor. It is not about post count, brand of boat, or any other superfluous labels that lend themselves to a false sense of superiority. Please, respect one another, try to pass on accurate information, and keep your eye on the ball.

Last edited by east tx skier; 07-05-2007 at 03:52 PM.
Old 07-05-2007, 03:48 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 2005 Prostar 197 / MCX
Didnt start skiing til 12 or so behind Dad's hotrod bass boat. First inboard I ever skiid was a MC at Ski Texas in the late 80's and I was HOOKED (spoiled - ruined - whatever you wanna call it)! I've skiid pretty much all ski boats imagineable and settled on MC!
Owned and skiied various inboards for the past 12 years and lovin my world record towboat!
Old 07-05-2007, 03:48 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 1991 mastercraft Prostar 190, 351 w/powerslot. Blue & grey.
I got hit in the head by a fast moving boat while swimming when I was a child, and I have loved them ever since.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Upper Michigan Prostar190
On a different note: I like LOTS of snort comin' out of the hole.
Old 07-05-2007, 03:49 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1996 Prostar 190 bought it with 80 hrs in 06
My moms parents have a place where my mom has been goin for 25 yrs on a lake they started out with just a pontoon boat they used to bring me on that to fall asleep when i was a tot. Then my mom married my dad and my dad grew up with a MC and told them to look outside and there was a brand new mc sitting there in the front yard

96 Red Prostar 190 with only 120hrs
Old 07-05-2007, 03:52 PM
MC Platinum

Boat: 04 210 Maristar
When I was 14 I took my dad's deck boat he had just purchased out on Gun Lake which is about 4 feet deep everywhere. I achored out in the middle and we swam with some girls all day. When It was time to leave we were going to race the girls back to the Marina and I jumped in the boat, fired it up and hammer down. Lest I forget to pull in the anchor which is extended five feet or so off the end of a cleat when I hear loud WHAM!!.

I stop the boat, I go to the rear and I see a rope sticking out of a hole in the hull the size of, you guessed it, the anchor. I had a hard time explaining that one to my dad.

Somehow he did not kill me and I have been loving the water ever since.

True Story....
Old 07-05-2007, 03:52 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2007 MC X2, RTP-1 5.7L 310 HP 1.5:1, 14.25 x 14.5 XMP OJ Prop, bimini, depth finder, and table, teak platform, White/viper red
We had a family lake cabin that my grandfather built on Hayden Lake, ID. We would spend all summers out there every summer as it was close to our house (35 min). We always had a boat. I learned to ski behind our original fiberform I/O from the 70's at age 8. We upgraded to a new Sea Ray 4 cyl 165 I/O in '87 (14 at the time) even though tried to convince parents at that time to buy Mastercraft as my brother and I were heavy into slalom skiing going everyday all summer long, sometimes twice a day. We had it down to were we would not even get wet, dock start and finish by sitting back down on dock. My parents also skied, and between brothers and sisters was always a competition to see who could do the best dock starts etc. Been skiing ever since (although took a long break in college and several years after that) and recently started wakeboarding and bought my first boat recently. I guess you can say it has always been a part of my life.
Old 07-05-2007, 03:57 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: X2 2005
I was 7 or 8 and mom skied when she was young, so my dad bought a
Glasspar Outboard, LOL
and I learned in your stomping grounds Sodar…. “Marine Stadium”
I think that is why I love to take my boat out with my kids, the good times I had with my mom and dad

Last edited by RexDog1; 07-05-2007 at 04:24 PM.