Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > Watersports > Wakeboarding & Wakeskating

Old 06-29-2007, 10:37 AM
TT Regular

Boat: 2002 Mastercraft X-7
Send a message via Yahoo to mdthacker
Unhappy Solid Rubber Cords For Wakeboard Holder??

Hi Everyone,

This is actually my first posting ever. Near the end of last season, I purchased a 2002 Red X-7. It's in average condition as it was kept on an un-covered lift on Lake Norman, NC. Got some gelcoat fading in the rear, etc.

One problem that I am having is that the Wakeboard holders are missing a few of the solid rubber cords which protect the board from damage. The local Mastercraft dealer says that they can no longer get that part. Has anyone else run into this problem and how did they correct? I am having difficultly finding a supplier for this part on the web as well..

I am sure that this will be one of many requests as I start getting the boat fixed up to my standards...

Thanks,
Mark
Old 06-29-2007, 10:41 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: ProStar 197 2004
Welcome to TT! Wait tower do you have on the boat? Is it a MC tower? Or an after market? You may also be able to fine the rubber strips at a hardware store.
Old 06-29-2007, 10:44 AM
MC Addict

Boat: 2002 Prostar 197 w/tower
I would check the hardware stores. I have been fighting this too. I have only lost one. I used marine grade silicon to put mine back in when they came loose. Not a great design.

I'm pursuing my lifelong quest for the perfect, the absolutely driest martini to be found in this or any other world. And I think I may have hit upon the perfect formula :
Old 06-29-2007, 10:45 AM
MC Addict

Sorry I forgot one more thing. Welcome!

I'm pursuing my lifelong quest for the perfect, the absolutely driest martini to be found in this or any other world. And I think I may have hit upon the perfect formula :
Old 06-29-2007, 10:59 AM
TT Regular

Boat: 2002 Mastercraft X-7
Send a message via Yahoo to mdthacker
This is an original Mastercraft Tower. Thanks for the welcomes!
Old 06-29-2007, 11:04 AM
MC Addict

That's what I have. I would think that a good mom/pop hardware store would have something that we could make work!

Old 06-29-2007, 11:17 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2002 X7, LTR
Welcome. I bought my 02 X7 new so I am very familiar with most of the issues that you have or probably will encounter with your new purchase. Sorry, but I caught this problem before I actually lost a rubber strip. I did, however, remove, clean, and reinstall all of these strips with weatherstrip glue. They have been in firmly now for several years. MC originally used some sort of silicone and it just didn't work. I can't offer much help on where to find a replacement. I would try NAPA. They carry a lot of odds and ends. BTW, your boat was made with vinyl that is VERY prone to splitting. If you need any replacement sections, you are almost out of time to order them. MC is stopping their production at the end of this month. Give Mike at Mastercraft of Charlotte a call about ordering new "skins". Feel free to PM me in the future about any issues with your boat. Overall, a great boat. I love mine.