Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Trailers

Old 02-15-2005, 01:22 PM
mudaa

nasty fenders

I have an 81 powerslot, the trailer will be going in for repainting this spring. The fiberglass/plastic fenders are all nasty and cracked. Does anyone know where to get replacement fenders, or is it just easier to fabricate replacement fenders?

Thanks
Old 02-15-2005, 01:30 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 1979 stars and stripes
I tried to get them for my '79. I found it a whole lot easier to fix what was wrong with mine. I never found any.
#1 supporter of wadka
Old 02-15-2005, 02:22 PM
MC Hero

Boat: 1998 Ski Nautique
If they're in really bad shape, you could go this route until you figure something better out.

Overtons - Trailer Fender

Red 1998 Closed Bow Ski Boat, Ford 351, 310 hp, Acme 4 blade, Perfect Pass SG.

FAQ

Tyler Ski Club

To me, this forum is about love of inboard boats. It is about the sharing of information and, on a good day, some humor. It is not about post count, brand of boat, or any other superfluous labels that lend themselves to a false sense of superiority. Please, respect one another, try to pass on accurate information, and keep your eye on the ball.
Old 02-15-2005, 03:27 PM
TT Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudaa
I have an 81 powerslot, the trailer will be going in for repainting this spring. The fiberglass/plastic fenders are all nasty and cracked. Does anyone know where to get replacement fenders, or is it just easier to fabricate replacement fenders?

Thanks
I think I would ditch the glass fenders and buy some metal fenders and diamond plate and rebuild the sides of the trailer. Much stronger and you could have a platform for stepping in and out of the boat.Northern equip. has lots of trailer parts.Look at the trailer on the "i think I may cry" thread.

Last edited by Brn85ss; 02-15-2005 at 03:31 PM.
Old 02-15-2005, 04:19 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 81 Stars & Stripes
I also have an 81 and I redid my trailer last year. My fenders were cracked in a couple of places, I glasses them underneath and then ground a groove in the crak and filled it in with Bondo. After repainting everything it looks better than ever. I was very pleased with the results.