Go Back   TeamTalk > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Old 08-14-2015, 11:38 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2006 X15 350 MCX
Help on ski trip to Jackson Hole

2 years ago I posted for help on a ski trip to Colorado. Teamtalk members really came through for me and we had a tremendous vacation at Keystone. I wanted to get help this time on Jackson Hole. Any and all advice is welcome. Keystone was our 1st ski trip out West, so we are still rookies in that aspect. Looking for good suggestions on where to stay for a family of four and just general suggestions on anything else. I have two boys, 13 and 15.

We are pretty flexible, but this is generally what we like.
-walking distance to the slopes and we don't mind walking a fair bit
-having a hot tub in the complex, close by pool is nice also
-we generally eat 80% of our meals in our room, so definitely need a kitchen
-we don't need a high end hotel/condo, we tend to go with middle to slightly upper end accommodations

We really aren't set on Jackson Hole either. We thought about going to Keystone again, but I really want to try a different resort.

Thanks
Old 08-15-2015, 12:04 AM
TT Newbie

Boat: 2005 xstar with mcx 3000# ballast
Try vrbo and get a private house doesn't cost anymore than a condo and most have hot tubs
Old 08-15-2015, 12:09 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: '01 X9 330HP
I went to both Keystone and Breck last year and had a better time at Breck. More variety on the mountain and happened to be better snow.

I have some friends who love JH, never skied there.
Old 08-15-2015, 12:42 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2009 X30 MCX / 2003 X2 MCX
J-Hole has been on my hit list for several years. It has been called a hidden gem by magazines and people I've run into.
Old 08-15-2015, 12:43 AM
TT Newbie

Boat: Chaparral
Jackson Hole is a completely different animal compared to Keystone and Breckenridge in my opinion. The mountain is definitely not for beginners. While Keystone and Breck have very difficult terrain there is also some pretty easy stuff to relax on. They also do a fantastic job grooming at all the Summit County Resorts. Jackson Hole is knarly everywhere. Your post said that you are new to going out west so I thought I would chime in with my opionon. If you and your boys are intermediate to advanced skiers and can ski all conditions (powder, ice and crud along with a lot of bumps comfortably it is definitely worth the trip and you will remember it for the rest of your life. You will also be a lot better skier when you leave Jackson Hole. You will also be amazed at how good some of the local skiers are there.
Old 08-15-2015, 08:08 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: '13 x10 with 6.0 and '93 25th Anniversary Limited Edition
if you want to go all in, stay at the 4 seasons and hire a guide ..... best 3 days of skiing in my life last january!
Old 08-15-2015, 09:06 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2014 X-2
A day trip to grand targhee is worthwhile. If you go and are adventurous, hiking Mary's nipple (I think it's just called Mary's now) isn't a bad hike and has an awesome view of the backside of the Tetons.

A tram ride up at Jackson is required and a peak over Corbet's is a must. From there, you can drop into Corbet's, take a different run, or take the tram back down.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk
Old 08-15-2015, 10:52 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2011 X25
You can get a multiple resorts 3-5 day pass around the vail/BC/breck area I believe if you want to ski multiple locations.
Old 08-15-2015, 10:53 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2011 X25
I have been nearly everywhere except JacksonH. I've heard it is amazing and hope to get there someday.
Old 08-15-2015, 01:29 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: Prostar 205
Never been to jhole but did 6 days traveling to a bunch of summit resorts and loved it more than staying at one place. We liked vail so did that twice but got a taste of what the area had to offer but traveling wouldn't allow your goal of walking to the slopes. Talking about skiing is getting me pumped for winter (winter down here still means boating so don't shoot me)!