Go Back   TeamTalk > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Old 09-12-2017, 09:58 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: 2015 X30, 2008 X15 (sold)
Raiders

Thoughts on the Raiders this year. I've been an avid fan since 96, and think this year we could make it far.

What say you?

I will also add that trash talk is expected and yes I too believe the beast will only play one year.
Old 09-12-2017, 10:02 AM
MC Maniac

I will add. Bradford and the Vikings looked very good last night.

Perhaps mods should change title to Your NFL team.
Old 09-12-2017, 10:03 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: NA
Quote:
Originally Posted by gt23 View Post
Thoughts on the Raiders this year. I've been an avid fan since 96, and think this year we could make it far.

What say you?

I will also add that trash talk is expected and yes I too believe the beast will only play one year.
I think they'd at least win the Battle of the Bay
Old 09-12-2017, 10:13 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: '15 X10 6.0L, '15 X30 6.2L
Normally would say they'd have to go through Mile High, but I'm afraid we are an average team these days.

KC looks like your AFC West rival at this point. Both they and the Raiders seem to be the best in the West after week 1.

Felt bad for the Raiders late last season when your QB went down. Fast forward, Carr has something to prove and add Beast Mode. That's a threatening offense.
Old 09-12-2017, 10:25 AM

Boat: 06 X30
Until that franchise is sold and no longer owned by anyone with the last name of Davis they are doomed. I had hopes that when Al died and his son took over there would be a shift from ownership led to coaching staff led. I was wrong.

Al Davis miss managed that team for many years. When he had a personal grudge against Marcus Allen he was hell bent of keeping him on the bench as much as he could. Hell there were a few years that the Raiders had enough talent to field two super bowl winning teams in the same year and they still lost. Al Davis and now his son are one of the reasons I stopped watching pro ball.

"Heavy" beer is for wine drinkers that are too embarrassed to drink wine in front of their buddies. "Light" beer is a drinkin' man's beer!
Old 09-12-2017, 11:40 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2015 X23 w/ 6.2
My family has had KC Chiefs season tickets since 1972. And I have had my own seats since 1987. I hate the Raiders. Always have and always will. Their level of play is not as dirty now as it used to be (under Al Davis), but not improved enough. I think they will beat any of the California teams this year, but if history repeats itself - the Raiders will play a lower level of football toward the end of the season. They always seem to give up at the end of the year.

(sorry - you asked!)
Old 09-12-2017, 11:44 AM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 2016 X30, 85 S&S
Quote:
Originally Posted by kscrib View Post
My family has had KC Chiefs season tickets since 1972. And I have had my own seats since 1987. I hate the Raiders. Always have and always will. Their level of play is not as dirty now as it used to be (under Al Davis), but not improved enough. I think they will beat any of the California teams this year, but if history repeats itself - the Raiders will play a lower level of football toward the end of the season. They always seem to give up at the end of the year.

(sorry - you asked!)
Parents were hard core SD Charger fans until they moved to LA. Ive been to tons of Raider vs Charger games, and the raiders fans are some of the trashiest, rowdiest and downright awful fans ive ever encountered. Theyll never have a chance.

LONE STAR MASTERBASH 2018

Details released 12/17!!!!

2016 X30-Wetsounds galore
1985 S&S
Old 09-12-2017, 12:08 PM
MC Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by slalomjunkie View Post
I think they'd at least win the Battle of the Bay

Well that's clear. So glad Kap isn't playing there with all of his bs.
Old 09-12-2017, 12:10 PM
MC Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by moosehead View Post
Normally would say they'd have to go through Mile High, but I'm afraid we are an average team these days.

KC looks like your AFC West rival at this point. Both they and the Raiders seem to be the best in the West after week 1.

Felt bad for the Raiders late last season when your QB went down. Fast forward, Carr has something to prove and add Beast Mode. That's a threatening offense.

This is all very true. KC looks good. Last year we would have done ok had Carr kept driving the offense.

Carr. Cooper. Beast. Crabtree. We should score. With Mack on D we have a star there too. That man is a beast of his own.

I am finally hopeful being a fan this year.
Old 09-12-2017, 12:12 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: NA
Quote:
Originally Posted by gt23 View Post
Well that's clear. So glad Kap isn't playing there with all of his bs.