Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > Watersports > Wakeboarding & Wakeskating

Old 06-16-2007, 01:26 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: MC, X-45, 2006, LQ9
Wakesurf Set Up in a X45?

We have just started Wakesurfing and I was wondering if I could get some suggestions on setting up the ballast and wakeplate? Port ballast full only? Port and KGB filled up only? Wakeplate down (bow down)? Wakeplate up (bow up)?
Old 06-16-2007, 02:18 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2007 X star PWT
I am not sure what to do on the wakeplate, don't have one, but we fill up port only, put everyone on that side of the boat, need the most weight in the back, if your kids have friends bring them all and have them hang out in the back. We just cruise at about 11 mph, in a big circle, left of course. You should have no problem throwing a monster wake with that X-45! We have found the more weight in the back, the bigger the wake. Have fun!
Old 06-17-2007, 12:35 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: MasterCraft X-45, 2006, L18, slate gray/white
My dealer showed me port and kgb full, 10-11 mph, slight left turn. Not sure what to do w/the plate yet...still playing around w/it...
Old 06-17-2007, 09:19 AM
TT Regular

Boat: X45 LQ9
We surf with Stock port and KGB ballast full plus 450 bag in port rear compartment, 450 and 750 bags on the seats, and 450 half full in the front port compartment. Usually our crew consist of 2 adults and 3 children. We play with the speed and wake plate to get just the right face. If the wake is curling we bump the speed and place the wake plate down a bit. It usually only takes a couple pushes of each button to dial in the wake. Water conditions, wind speed, number of poeple in the boat, etc. will effect your wake. Seems like we make minor adjustments each time we're out. Hope this hekps!
Old 06-17-2007, 10:39 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: Mastercraft X-Series
We always leave the wake plate in the "up" position when surfing and wakeboarding. If we need to adjust the wake for "washing" we just move weight (people or ballast) around in the boat. On the X-45 we found that the surf wake is best with the KGB and port side ballast full. Have everyone in the boat sit on the port side and keep the speed between 11 and 13 MPH.
Old 06-18-2007, 02:38 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: Mastercraft, X-45, MCX
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoulderX45
We have just started Wakesurfing and I was wondering if I could get some suggestions on setting up the ballast and wakeplate? Port ballast full only? Port and KGB filled up only? Wakeplate down (bow down)? Wakeplate up (bow up)?
Glad you asked I tried this weekend for the first time and could not find the sweet spot. I filled all three ballast tanks and then put only 1 80 pound kid on the port side while I drove and my buddy tried. He could never find the "Zone/Sweet Spot" I could not either. I have a Phase 5 Oogle which is the larger board and I am 6'5" about 215 punds. We tried anywhere from 10-12 mph. Sounds like I need to try either more weight on the port side or take the ballast out of the starboard side.
Old 06-18-2007, 06:19 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2008 X14 photo boat, 1993 25th Anniversary Limited Edition
if you are right foot forward, load up your center and starboard tank, get people to sit in the right rear and start out around 10 mph. adjust your speed to make the wake crisp. If you are left foot forward, use the rear port tank instead