TT Regular

Boat: wooden, boat, 1908, putt
......once up for sale

/
Attached Images

Old 11-24-2013, 12:51 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 85 Stars&Stripes, safe-t-top, trick realease, boom, flitepipe pylon
Is that an old correct craft? I don't care for the tower personally, but what are the red things on the back?
Old 11-24-2013, 03:40 PM
TT Regular

Boat: X9
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterlogged882 View Post
......once up for sale

/
Not the same boat in case you thought it was..
Old 11-25-2013, 12:13 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1993 PS 190 Stars and Stripes Pro Tour Edition
Wow I missed this thread back in the day too. So here is my 93 S&S, and yes it is the real ProTour boat (one of two in existence) that pulled the tour in 93. At the end of the tour MasterCraft offered them to the dealers, and we (Tommys Slalom Shop) snapped them up. We sold one of them right away, and kept the other one. Spent it's time at Soda Lakes ski school. I wanted one of them badly; but being just out of college and working two jobs, it was not gonna happen.
Fast forward to 2005 and miracles happen. JJ had it up for sale, I snagged it and had it transported to Florida.
2007 she got a cosmetic restoration. Motor was all cleaned and painted. Chromed all the underwater gear and lots of motor parts. Changed over to MCX manifolds, 3" exhaust with stainless tips. Trailer got a new torsion axle, completely rewired with LED lights, sandblasted and powder coated, new bunk carpet, and chrome decals.
Next on deck is new carpet and some interior replacement. Santa is bringing me a Stargazer so that is going in for Spring.
Being married with a family now does not afford me too much skiing time; but there is always next season.

Old 11-25-2013, 01:39 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 1994 Mastercraft, ProStar 205, 350 Indmar with 275 hp
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waterskibum View Post
Wow I missed this thread back in the day too. So here is my 93 S&S, and yes it is the real ProTour boat (one of two in existence) that pulled the tour in 93. At the end of the tour MasterCraft offered them to the dealers, and we (Tommys Slalom Shop) snapped them up. We sold one of them right away, and kept the other one. Spent it's time at Soda Lakes ski school. I wanted one of them badly; but being just out of college and working two jobs, it was not gonna happen.
Fast forward to 2005 and miracles happen. JJ had it up for sale, I snagged it and had it transported to Florida.
2007 she got a cosmetic restoration. Motor was all cleaned and painted. Chromed all the underwater gear and lots of motor parts. Changed over to MCX manifolds, 3" exhaust with stainless tips. Trailer got a new torsion axle, completely rewired with LED lights, sandblasted and powder coated, new bunk carpet, and chrome decals.
Next on deck is new carpet and some interior replacement. Santa is bringing me a Stargazer so that is going in for Spring.
Being married with a family now does not afford me too much skiing time; but there is always next season.

Excellent addition to the thread. Nice tips!

1994 MasterCraft ProStar 205
275 HP 350 Chevy Indmar
Monster Tower & PerfectPass

Check out the MasterCraft Buckeye Bash on Facebook!

"In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress." - John Adams
Old 11-25-2013, 01:54 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 1995 Barefoot 200 Yamaha ProV 200, 1994 ProStar 190 LT1 1:1
Quote:
Wow I missed this thread back in the day too. So here is my 93 S&S, and yes it is the real ProTour boat (one of two in existence)
The holy grail of Stars and Stripes...sweet a$$ boat!

I would ditch the red carpeting and put in grey...just my liking.

Awesome not only to see one but also one in such great shape.
Old 11-25-2013, 02:17 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1993 PS 190 Stars and Stripes Pro Tour Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by Double D View Post
Excellent addition to the thread. Nice tips!
Thanks Double D.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockman View Post
The holy grail of Stars and Stripes...sweet a$$ boat!
I would ditch the red carpeting and put in grey...just my liking.
Awesome not only to see one but also one in such great shape.
Thanks Rockman. She has 1500 hours on the hull and about 500 on the LT-1. Ya not sure about carpet color. I know it is a nasty job to replace carpet. Got some interior pieces that need some love too. Hoping Viper Customs can replace certain panels with matching vinyl.
Old 11-25-2013, 03:01 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 2008 X45 Switch L18
Quote:
]
Ummmm, wow. That boat is stunning.
Old 11-25-2013, 03:18 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 1996 PS 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott023 View Post
Ummmm, wow. That boat is stunning.
I was speechless too at first. Pretty amazing boat. What makes it really unique is it is'nt a low hour boat, it saw ski school duty, and it's in better shape then some 5 year old boats.
Old 11-25-2013, 05:01 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 1991 MasterCraft Prostar 190 PowerSlot
Send a message via AIM to DooSPX
Daves boat is indeed unique. It was a pleasure to be parked next to it at one of the Reunions. A boat that actually pulled the tour, a piece of water ski history is what that boat is.

Trying to keep slalom alive

Need a new prop to fit your needs? Call OJ PROPS 800-359-9730

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipper View Post
"It's better to keep your mouth shut and let people think you are stupid, than to open it and prove it"?