Go Back   TeamTalk > News & Information > Suggestions > MasterCraft

Old 05-06-2007, 07:59 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: x-15
late model design boo boos

Starting this thread to give new owners an opportunity to give feed back on design issues they run accross. Not intended to trash mastercraft just to point out the issues we run into. I'll start with the first one. We have the tower cover. On the trailer fenders there are little chrome square eyelets on the fenders that allow you to cinch down the cover... By the way the cover is great.... but the eyelets are too small you can get the buckle through if you take the strap off but with the added width of the strap you can not loop the buckle through to cinch it up!!! Every time you have to take the buckle off and re-thread it on the strap after you have passed the strap through. Just an eight or maybe even a 16th bigger and it would fit... I am looking for a bigger piece that will fit in the same holes. How about mastercraft finding some for us???
Old 05-06-2007, 08:01 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: Mastercraft X10 2004 5.7L
Send a message via AIM to dmayer84
Dont have the trailer bunks cover the raw water intake.
Old 05-06-2007, 08:24 PM
MC Hero

Boat: Gone
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstitson
Starting this thread to give new owners an opportunity to give feed back on design issues they run accross. Not intended to trash mastercraft just to point out the issues we run into. I'll start with the first one. We have the tower cover. On the trailer fenders there are little chrome square eyelets on the fenders that allow you to cinch down the cover... By the way the cover is great.... but the eyelets are too small you can get the buckle through if you take the strap off but with the added width of the strap you can not loop the buckle through to cinch it up!!! Every time you have to take the buckle off and re-thread it on the strap after you have passed the strap through. Just an eight or maybe even a 16th bigger and it would fit... I am looking for a bigger piece that will fit in the same holes. How about mastercraft finding some for us???

Replace the little screw on flat clip with a small S/S boweye that has a S/S baseplate and use one of the clip holes as a pilot hole and drill another for the little boweye and the baseplate will cover up the unused hole. I also placed one on the trailer frame below the windshield for the front strap on the cover. then I Plasti-Coted a S hook and placed them on the cover straps so I never have to undo the straps, just hook then or unhook then without running the straps thru the eyelets. Boweye is on the front flat of the trailer fender next to the "do not lift decal". I will post a better picture if needed.

Quote: 2RLAKE,
At some point in time people need to wake up, remove their cranial intrusion into their own rectal areas, and take responsibility for their own actions.

Last edited by TMCNo1; 07-28-2007 at 09:30 PM.
Old 05-07-2007, 04:33 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: x-15
nice re-engineering with the ss bow eyes. I definitly will be looking into doing something of the same after season is over.
Old 05-09-2007, 01:52 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2001 Maristar 210VRS, LTR 330HP, ZeroFlex Tower, KGB Ballast, PerfectPass Wakeboard Pro,
I have a ton of these for MC, but the one that irked me the most was that the bilge pump was originally located in the rear of the boat mounted to the stringer. Why not place the bilge pump in the area of the center plug not the rear of the boat. The center plug is the lowest area of the bilge hence the area that collects water first. In the original location it took almost 4.5" of water till the auto bilge kicked in. Way to much water for my taste, especially since I am in saltwater.

I relocated mine to the center plug area and now if I have water in the boat, it takes about 2" and the pump kicks in, and lowers everything to about a 1/2".
Old 05-09-2007, 01:59 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: Mastercraft X10 2004 5.7L
Send a message via AIM to dmayer84
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakescene
I have a ton of these for MC, but the one that irked me the most was that the bilge pump was originally located in the rear of the boat mounted to the stringer. Why not place the bilge pump in the area of the center plug not the rear of the boat. The center plug is the lowest area of the bilge hence the area that collects water first. In the original location it took almost 4.5" of water till the auto bilge kicked in. Way to much water for my taste, especially since I am in saltwater.

I relocated mine to the center plug area and now if I have water in the boat, it takes about 2" and the pump kicks in, and lowers everything to about a 1/2".
I have one in the center and one in the rear.
Old 05-09-2007, 02:06 PM
MC Addict

Boat: SN196
Send a message via AIM to rodltg2
what about a redesign for the 197 trailer??? RIC!
Old 05-09-2007, 02:32 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2006 X-7 MCX
Gas vent for the 02+ 197. I can't put gas in at the pump without gas flowing out the vent and onto the boat when the tank approaches full.

I know I know someone will say, just go slow near the end. Well there is no warning, I used to be able to listen and tell when the tank got full then slow it down.
Old 05-09-2007, 03:39 PM
MC Platinum

Boat: mastercraft, X-30, 2004, MCX.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmayer84
Dont have the trailer bunks cover the raw water intake.

RIC.....................

Quote:
Originally Posted by bturner2 View Post
Myself I'll live on the edge and surf without a helmet.
Old 05-09-2007, 03:42 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 1989 ProStar 190 & 2006 X9
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmac197
Gas vent for the 02+ 197. I can't put gas in at the pump without gas flowing out the vent and onto the boat when the tank approaches full.

I know I know someone will say, just go slow near the end. Well there is no warning, I used to be able to listen and tell when the tank got full then slow it down.
Yeah I second that, an X9 does it too.