Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Upholstery

Old 05-02-2007, 01:53 PM
BONNETTLK

1993 Prostar 205 with tired upholstry

We're in Spokane WA, our 93 Prostar 205 has seen too many sunny days and its threaded seams in the upholstrey is failing and the cup holder in the motor cover is all discolored and gooey. I've looked for nearly a year for skins or even new seats so that we could have the Master Craft logoed upholstery, to no avail. Does anybody have any suggestions?

Lisa
Old 05-02-2007, 02:09 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: 2000 MasterCraft PS 205 1992 MasterCraft PS 190
Logo Embroidery

You may want to check with Milkmania. He is having his embroidery lady stitch Mastercraft into the seat back. I have also seen other threads that mention embroidery stitching of the name/logo. See the "Now What?" thread that Milkmania posted just a few days ago.
Old 05-02-2007, 02:20 PM
MC Platinum

Boat: White/Red 91 PS 190
also see this archived thread
http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/ar....php/f-28.html

edit:

as you're reading "archived" thread..... you'll need to copy and paste the picture links into a new browser

http://bshowalter.no-ip.com/images/m...0768_small.JPG

equals this

Team MasterCraft Google Search Engine

Last edited by milkmania; 05-02-2007 at 02:24 PM.
Old 05-02-2007, 02:30 PM
MC Hero

Boat: 1998 Ski Nautique
Apart from having some custom work done, even the skins you get from MC, assuming you could still get them, do/did not have the heat stamped logo in them.

What color are you looking for?

Red 1998 Closed Bow Ski Boat, Ford 351, 310 hp, Acme 4 blade, Perfect Pass SG.

FAQ

Tyler Ski Club

To me, this forum is about love of inboard boats. It is about the sharing of information and, on a good day, some humor. It is not about post count, brand of boat, or any other superfluous labels that lend themselves to a false sense of superiority. Please, respect one another, try to pass on accurate information, and keep your eye on the ball.
Old 05-03-2007, 05:15 PM
BONNETTLK

Your boat looks great, especially for a 14 year old boat. Are you the original owner. I thought my husband was picky about the care and maintenance of ours, but you've obviously been even more of a stick in the mud for the past 14 years! But by the looks of your boat, its paid off. Our boat is in good shape, other than the onset of of tired upholstery due to extended exposure to the sun. Our boat is Royal Blue and White, with a line of hot pink. The upholstery looks to be about the same colors as yours, with the exception of where you have red, we have the hot pink stripe (which I think I could do without). I like the idea of the monogramming the mc logo. I meet with the custom uph. tomorrow.

Lisa
Old 05-03-2007, 05:31 PM
MC Hero

Boat: 1998 Ski Nautique
Thanks. No, I'm not the original owner. But the P.O. took very good care of her.

I've owned her since 2003 and have been a bit of a stick in the mud when necessary to keep muddy shoes out. The upholstery is not perfect. But where it's not, I have replacements ready for when it really needs to be replaced. This is how I know that the heat stamps aren't offered on the OEM replacements. Probably why I haven't replaced those yet. Again, thanks for the compliments.

Red 1998 Closed Bow Ski Boat, Ford 351, 310 hp, Acme 4 blade, Perfect Pass SG.

FAQ

Tyler Ski Club

To me, this forum is about love of inboard boats. It is about the sharing of information and, on a good day, some humor. It is not about post count, brand of boat, or any other superfluous labels that lend themselves to a false sense of superiority. Please, respect one another, try to pass on accurate information, and keep your eye on the ball.