Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > Tow Vehicles

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #7241  
Old 11-01-2017, 04:36 PM
98 Saleen Cobra's Avatar
98 Saleen Cobra 98 Saleen Cobra is offline
TT Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Boat: Still looking
Location: Brentwood, CA
Posts: 305
Yea it's the same as a 6.0 I want to say as well. The 6.7 is super easy to work on thank god!!

What's your shops name?
__________________
98 Cobra - Custom Engine - Foxlake Racing - Accufab Racing - Holley Dominator ECU - Racepak IQ3 - Griggs Racing - Vortech - Kooks - Weldon - T56 Magnum - Built Rear End - HRE's - Baer - C&R - E-85

2013 F-250 PSD - Carli 2.5" Back Country - Fox Racing - BMF - Toyo RT's - Air Ride - AMP Research - Magnaflow - H&S - No Limit Fabrication - Deleted - Tuned - 450rwhp/1000rwtq
Reply With Quote
  #7242  
Old 11-01-2017, 04:54 PM
clrussell's Avatar
clrussell clrussell is offline
MC Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Boat: 40th Anniversary X Star!
Location: midwest
Posts: 5,938
Quote:
Originally Posted by 98 Saleen Cobra View Post
Yea it's the same as a 6.0 I want to say as well. The 6.7 is super easy to work on thank god!!

What's your shops name?
Don't really have a name for the diesel end as it's the same buisness. We own a Goodyear independent dealer and offer full gas vehicle service in the other end of the shop and diesel on my end.

It's kinda low key. However I'm the only shop that specialized in diesel other than the dealers in my town
Reply With Quote
  #7243  
Old 11-01-2017, 04:59 PM
Forrest-X45's Avatar
Forrest-X45 Forrest-X45 is offline
MC Fanatic
 
Join Date: May 2009
Boat: X-45
Location: Northwest
Posts: 971
Quote:
Originally Posted by clrussell View Post
Don't really have a name for the diesel end as it's the same buisness. We own a Goodyear independent dealer and offer full gas vehicle service in the other end of the shop and diesel on my end.

It's kinda low key. However I'm the only shop that specialized in diesel other than the dealers in my town
Are you seeing many PS 6.7's coming in for major repairs?
__________________
2008 X-45 Pro Tour Red and White
Reply With Quote
  #7244  
Old 11-01-2017, 05:57 PM
clrussell's Avatar
clrussell clrussell is offline
MC Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Boat: 40th Anniversary X Star!
Location: midwest
Posts: 5,938
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forrest-X45 View Post
Are you seeing many PS 6.7's coming in for major repairs?
Havnt touched one yet other than emmissions work. I don't know if they are going back to the dealer or just not having problems
Reply With Quote
  #7245  
Old 11-01-2017, 09:07 PM
98 Saleen Cobra's Avatar
98 Saleen Cobra 98 Saleen Cobra is offline
TT Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Boat: Still looking
Location: Brentwood, CA
Posts: 305
Oh nice man, that's a good deal right there..

Forrest: not to many issues with the 6.7's from 2013+.. the 11/12's had turbo issues.. They are really reliable when you delete them too.
__________________
98 Cobra - Custom Engine - Foxlake Racing - Accufab Racing - Holley Dominator ECU - Racepak IQ3 - Griggs Racing - Vortech - Kooks - Weldon - T56 Magnum - Built Rear End - HRE's - Baer - C&R - E-85

2013 F-250 PSD - Carli 2.5" Back Country - Fox Racing - BMF - Toyo RT's - Air Ride - AMP Research - Magnaflow - H&S - No Limit Fabrication - Deleted - Tuned - 450rwhp/1000rwtq
Reply With Quote
  #7246  
Old 11-01-2017, 09:14 PM
MC25's Avatar
MC25 MC25 is offline
MC Master Poster
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Boat: 2016 X30, 85 S&S
Location: Fort Worth
Posts: 12,930
and they sound sooo good deleted
__________________
-Aric

LONE STAR MASTERBASH 2018

Details released 12/17!!!!

2016 X30-Wetsounds galore
1985 S&S
Reply With Quote
  #7247  
Old 11-02-2017, 11:42 AM
pmkkdx's Avatar
pmkkdx pmkkdx is offline
MC Devotee
 
Join Date: May 2009
Boat: Mastercraft, X2, 2004, Violet (purple) & white ... previous 1983 black/silver stars
Location: Southwest (Central Texas)
Posts: 2,307
Quote:
Originally Posted by clrussell View Post
Both. If it says diesel I do it. Efi live tuning and full service diesel
question for you on EFI Live ... is there a data base somewhere that contains all the tunes that have been created??? reason I ask, the shop that did all my deletes, exhaust and EFI Live tune is no longer in business and I don't know who wrote my tune ... in case I ever need it tweaked or the computer gets flashed. It's from about 4-5 years ago and was just a single tune that was loaded into my truck, no separate black box, only loaded into the truck. ('09 Cummins, auto, 4x4)
Reply With Quote
  #7248  
Old 11-02-2017, 11:54 AM
Mastercraftdave's Avatar
Mastercraftdave Mastercraftdave is offline
MC Maniac
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Boat: 2015 X23 SS 6.2L
Location: New Orleans, LA
Posts: 3,519
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmkkdx View Post
question for you on EFI Live ... is there a data base somewhere that contains all the tunes that have been created??? reason I ask, the shop that did all my deletes, exhaust and EFI Live tune is no longer in business and I don't know who wrote my tune ... in case I ever need it tweaked or the computer gets flashed. It's from about 4-5 years ago and was just a single tune that was loaded into my truck, no separate black box, only loaded into the truck. ('09 Cummins, auto, 4x4)
Im going through this with my 1500. The guy that originally did mine is no longer in business and I purchased the AutoCal. But the AutoCal is married to his main device and other tuners cant mess with my AutoCal. EFI live isn't very responsive.

I have been told that the newer vehicles are getting harder and harder to mess with as they changed alot of the codes to unlock the vehicle computer for the 2017-2018 trucks.
Reply With Quote
  #7249  
Old 11-02-2017, 11:56 AM
clrussell's Avatar
clrussell clrussell is offline
MC Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Boat: 40th Anniversary X Star!
Location: midwest
Posts: 5,938
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmkkdx View Post
question for you on EFI Live ... is there a data base somewhere that contains all the tunes that have been created??? reason I ask, the shop that did all my deletes, exhaust and EFI Live tune is no longer in business and I don't know who wrote my tune ... in case I ever need it tweaked or the computer gets flashed. It's from about 4-5 years ago and was just a single tune that was loaded into my truck, no separate black box, only loaded into the truck. ('09 Cummins, auto, 4x4)
No there is not. You'll have to find a new tuner and start fresh if you ever need to change or get a new ecm
Reply With Quote
  #7250  
Old 11-02-2017, 11:57 AM
clrussell's Avatar
clrussell clrussell is offline
MC Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Boat: 40th Anniversary X Star!
Location: midwest
Posts: 5,938
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mastercraftdave View Post
Im going through this with my 1500. The guy that originally did mine is no longer in business and I purchased the AutoCal. But the AutoCal is married to his main device and other tuners cant mess with my AutoCal. EFI live isn't very responsive.

I have been told that the newer vehicles are getting harder and harder to mess with as they changed alot of the codes to unlock the vehicle computer for the 2017-2018 trucks.
You'll just have to get a new auto cal. No one can unlock them but the original tuner.


Edit: efi probably can but seeing how they are based in another country it's not going to happen.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
2008, aric drives a moped, aric is awesome, aric is spelled wrong, f150, f350, flux capacitor, fords rule, fords suck, hybrid, luke likes boys, silverado tornados, srt8, tdi, tow mirrors, tundras rock, vortex generator, x2 2008, x45, xstar

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:38 PM.