Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > Tow Vehicles

Old 11-01-2017, 04:36 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: Still looking
Yea it's the same as a 6.0 I want to say as well. The 6.7 is super easy to work on thank god!!

What's your shops name?

2013 F-250 PSD - Carli 2.5" Back Country - Fox Racing - BMF - Toyo RT's - Air Ride - AMP Research - Magnaflow - H&S - No Limit Fabrication - Deleted - Tuned - 450rwhp/1000rwtq
Old 11-01-2017, 04:54 PM
MC Addict

Boat: 40th Anniversary X Star!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 98 Saleen Cobra View Post
Yea it's the same as a 6.0 I want to say as well. The 6.7 is super easy to work on thank god!!

What's your shops name?
Don't really have a name for the diesel end as it's the same buisness. We own a Goodyear independent dealer and offer full gas vehicle service in the other end of the shop and diesel on my end.

It's kinda low key. However I'm the only shop that specialized in diesel other than the dealers in my town
Old 11-01-2017, 04:59 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: X-45
Quote:
Originally Posted by clrussell View Post
Don't really have a name for the diesel end as it's the same buisness. We own a Goodyear independent dealer and offer full gas vehicle service in the other end of the shop and diesel on my end.

It's kinda low key. However I'm the only shop that specialized in diesel other than the dealers in my town
Are you seeing many PS 6.7's coming in for major repairs?
Old 11-01-2017, 05:57 PM
MC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forrest-X45 View Post
Are you seeing many PS 6.7's coming in for major repairs?
Havnt touched one yet other than emmissions work. I don't know if they are going back to the dealer or just not having problems
Old 11-01-2017, 09:07 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: Still looking
Oh nice man, that's a good deal right there..

Forrest: not to many issues with the 6.7's from 2013+.. the 11/12's had turbo issues.. They are really reliable when you delete them too.

2013 F-250 PSD - Carli 2.5" Back Country - Fox Racing - BMF - Toyo RT's - Air Ride - AMP Research - Magnaflow - H&S - No Limit Fabrication - Deleted - Tuned - 450rwhp/1000rwtq
Old 11-01-2017, 09:14 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 2016 X30, 85 S&S
and they sound sooo good deleted

LONE STAR MASTERBASH 2018

Details released 12/17!!!!

2016 X30-Wetsounds galore
1985 S&S
Old 11-02-2017, 11:42 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: Mastercraft, X2, 2004, Violet (purple) & white ... previous 1983 black/silver stars
Quote:
Originally Posted by clrussell View Post
Both. If it says diesel I do it. Efi live tuning and full service diesel
question for you on EFI Live ... is there a data base somewhere that contains all the tunes that have been created??? reason I ask, the shop that did all my deletes, exhaust and EFI Live tune is no longer in business and I don't know who wrote my tune ... in case I ever need it tweaked or the computer gets flashed. It's from about 4-5 years ago and was just a single tune that was loaded into my truck, no separate black box, only loaded into the truck. ('09 Cummins, auto, 4x4)
Old 11-02-2017, 11:54 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: 2015 X23 SS 6.2L
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmkkdx View Post
question for you on EFI Live ... is there a data base somewhere that contains all the tunes that have been created??? reason I ask, the shop that did all my deletes, exhaust and EFI Live tune is no longer in business and I don't know who wrote my tune ... in case I ever need it tweaked or the computer gets flashed. It's from about 4-5 years ago and was just a single tune that was loaded into my truck, no separate black box, only loaded into the truck. ('09 Cummins, auto, 4x4)
Im going through this with my 1500. The guy that originally did mine is no longer in business and I purchased the AutoCal. But the AutoCal is married to his main device and other tuners cant mess with my AutoCal. EFI live isn't very responsive.

I have been told that the newer vehicles are getting harder and harder to mess with as they changed alot of the codes to unlock the vehicle computer for the 2017-2018 trucks.
Old 11-02-2017, 11:56 AM
MC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmkkdx View Post
No there is not. You'll have to find a new tuner and start fresh if you ever need to change or get a new ecm
Old 11-02-2017, 11:57 AM
MC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mastercraftdave View Post
Im going through this with my 1500. The guy that originally did mine is no longer in business and I purchased the AutoCal. But the AutoCal is married to his main device and other tuners cant mess with my AutoCal. EFI live isn't very responsive.

I have been told that the newer vehicles are getting harder and harder to mess with as they changed alot of the codes to unlock the vehicle computer for the 2017-2018 trucks.
You'll just have to get a new auto cal. No one can unlock them but the original tuner.

Edit: efi probably can but seeing how they are based in another country it's not going to happen.

Tags
2008, aric drives a moped, aric is awesome, aric is spelled wrong, f150, f350, flux capacitor, fords rule, fords suck, hybrid, luke likes boys, silverado tornados, srt8, tdi, tow mirrors, tundras rock, vortex generator, x2 2008, x45, xstar