Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > Tow Vehicles

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #531  
Old 11-28-2005, 10:15 AM
Workin' 4 Toys's Avatar
Workin' 4 Toys Workin' 4 Toys is offline
MC Master Poster
 
Join Date: May 2005
Boat: What ever floats your.....
Location: Chicagoland, United States of America
Posts: 10,079
295/75/16 Nitto Terra Grapplers.
__________________
.
Reply With Quote
  #532  
Old 11-28-2005, 10:19 AM
Ric's Avatar
Ric Ric is offline
MC Master Poster
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Boat: 2005 Prostar 197 / MCX
Location: _______Wastebasket_________________________
Posts: 13,209
Quote:
Originally Posted by Workin' 4 Toys
295/75/16 Nitto Terra Grapplers.
nice
Mine are 305/70's and yours looked about that big
They are the largest I could fit on a stock setup
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by TX.X-30 fan
Say yes to cheap beer---- no to ethanol.
Reply With Quote
  #533  
Old 11-28-2005, 10:20 AM
Diesel's Avatar
Diesel Diesel is offline
MC Devotee
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Boat: 95 Prostar 205
Location: Tulsa
Posts: 1,605
Quote:
Originally Posted by Workin' 4 Toys
Anybody with a Diesel on here ever put an exhaust or any other type of system on there rigs and get any durability out of them. I know people that put kits on, brag about the power and the gains, but get rid of them before I have an opportunity to see the durability behind them.
We turned quite a few screaming Diesels out of my shop in Tulsa. Any modification can be an improvement if done correctly and in moderation. I put a combined 200k on my own/company diesels in the last few years and sensible modification will not affect the durability of the engine.

The biggest improvement can be had with programming. For this I would recommend Edge Products. Their Juice/Attitude module will allow you to dial in the level of performance via the monitor. It also allows you to monitor various temps and vital engine parameters.

Exhaust is a nice upgrade but the return/cost benefit is marginal at best. If after programing your EGTs are too high an exhaust might be necessary down the line.

BTW Banks stuff is overrated and over priced IMHO.
__________________
05 ProStar 209, Navy Flake, Slate Gray, MCX 1:1
Reply With Quote
  #534  
Old 11-28-2005, 10:24 AM
Workin' 4 Toys's Avatar
Workin' 4 Toys Workin' 4 Toys is offline
MC Master Poster
 
Join Date: May 2005
Boat: What ever floats your.....
Location: Chicagoland, United States of America
Posts: 10,079
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ric
nice
Mine are 305/70's and yours looked about that big
They are the largest I could fit on a stock setup
I was skeptical of going any larger on a stock wheel. If I ever go one size or more bigger, Some M/T Alcoa's or Weld's will be on the same order.
Not to mention mine have rubbed a few times in the front. Ever take yours off road?
__________________
.
Reply With Quote
  #535  
Old 11-28-2005, 10:27 AM
Workin' 4 Toys's Avatar
Workin' 4 Toys Workin' 4 Toys is offline
MC Master Poster
 
Join Date: May 2005
Boat: What ever floats your.....
Location: Chicagoland, United States of America
Posts: 10,079
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel
We turned quite a few screaming Diesels out of my shop in Tulsa. Any modification can be an improvement if done correctly and in moderation. I put a combined 200k on my own/company diesels in the last few years and sensible modification will not affect the durability of the engine.

The biggest improvement can be had with programming. For this I would recommend Edge Products. Their Juice/Attitude module will allow you to dial in the level of performance via the monitor. It also allows you to monitor various temps and vital engine parameters.

Exhaust is a nice upgrade but the return/cost benefit is marginal at best. If after programing your EGTs are too high an exhaust might be necessary down the line.

BTW Banks stuff is overrated and over priced IMHO.
I am not looking for major performance gains. I think it is almost perfect the way it is. I would like to increase mileage if possible, and get that awesome turbo sound that comes with a full 4" exhaust. I don't drive it enough anymore to worry too much about it. I am just tossing the idea around.

Ever do a propane job?
__________________
.
Reply With Quote
  #536  
Old 11-28-2005, 10:39 AM
Diesel's Avatar
Diesel Diesel is offline
MC Devotee
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Boat: 95 Prostar 205
Location: Tulsa
Posts: 1,605
Quote:
Originally Posted by Workin' 4 Toys
Ever do a propane job?
Yes but with NoX and on a race truck. Only very high HP and aggressive programs need pane. And usually after the pane is installed the NoX is necessary to extract the full energy of the added fuel. Then you need a larger turbo or twins, and so on. It's like anything else, one thing leads to another and then another.............etc.
__________________
05 ProStar 209, Navy Flake, Slate Gray, MCX 1:1
Reply With Quote
  #537  
Old 11-28-2005, 10:48 AM
6ballsisall's Avatar
6ballsisall 6ballsisall is offline
MC Master Poster
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Boat: None this week!
Location: Coming out of the 6 Ball
Posts: 10,742
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel
Yes but with NoX and on a race truck. Only very high HP and aggressive programs need pane. And usually after the pane is installed the NoX is necessary to extract the full energy of the added fuel. Then you need a larger turbo or twins, and so on. It's like anything else, one thing leads to another and then another.............etc.
Tru Dat!! Once you go down the bombin road it's a never ending addiction
__________________
Living like no one else so later we can live like no one else

MC's owned:
1986 Skier 19
1995 ProStar 190
2003 X-7
1994 ProStar 205 (current)
Reply With Quote
  #538  
Old 11-28-2005, 11:33 AM
Ric's Avatar
Ric Ric is offline
MC Master Poster
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Boat: 2005 Prostar 197 / MCX
Location: _______Wastebasket_________________________
Posts: 13,209
Quote:
Originally Posted by Workin' 4 Toys
I was skeptical of going any larger on a stock wheel. If I ever go one size or more bigger, Some M/T Alcoa's or Weld's will be on the same order.
Not to mention mine have rubbed a few times in the front. Ever take yours off road?
Some off road during hunts, but not alot. These are Goodyear Wrangler AT/S. Decent regarding highway noise yet surprisingly agressive off road.

Got into a situation a few years ago in the marshy coastal area here on a duck hunt.
we were driving a levy before sunrise to some flooded fields near Galveston bay
The levy was about 15 ft or so above the tide but it was muddy as hell on top.
The guys with me were grabbing for the doors, getting ready to bail out, thinking we were going over the edge
I stayed consistent with the throttle and the tires unloaded themselves well through the gummy run. Pretty good pucker factor and I can't blame those guys cause I'd been the same way if it were me in the backseat!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by TX.X-30 fan
Say yes to cheap beer---- no to ethanol.

Last edited by Ric; 11-28-2005 at 11:37 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #539  
Old 01-05-2006, 04:23 PM
Sodar's Avatar
Sodar Sodar is offline
MC Master Poster
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Boat: '07 ProStar 197 w/ MCX
Location: Seal Beach, CA
Posts: 10,957
Tranny Cooler

Has Anyone ever installed a transmission cooler on their tow vehicle? Does anyone know what is involved? I was just wondering how hard it is to do yourself.
Reply With Quote
  #540  
Old 01-05-2006, 05:25 PM
east tx skier's Avatar
east tx skier east tx skier is offline
MC Hero
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Boat: 1998 Ski Nautique
Location: End of my rope.
Posts: 25,185
I had one installed on my expedition. So that doesn't really answer your question apart from my telling you that it was relatively inexpensive to have it professionally installed. Definitely worth my peace of mind. For them, I think it was a one hour job.
__________________
Previous: 1993 Prostar 205

Red 1998 Closed Bow Ski Boat, Ford 351, 310 hp, Acme 4 blade, Perfect Pass SG.

FAQ


Tyler Ski Club


To me, this forum is about love of inboard boats. It is about the sharing of information and, on a good day, some humor. It is not about post count, brand of boat, or any other superfluous labels that lend themselves to a false sense of superiority. Please, respect one another, try to pass on accurate information, and keep your eye on the ball.

Last edited by east tx skier; 01-05-2006 at 05:32 PM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
2008, f150, f350, hybrid, tdi, x2 2008, x45, xstar

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:14 AM.