Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > Tow Vehicles

Old 07-21-2005, 09:57 AM
MC Master Poster

Boat: What ever floats your.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by WakePowell
I went down to get a new cell phone battery but... the Ford dealer was on the way. I ended up getting a new tow rig and forgot to get the battery....
Running Diesel in that rig? Is that the new color of the Harley D. or the King Ranch? I can't tell by the pictures.
Old 07-21-2005, 10:23 AM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 2005 Prostar 197 / MCX
Quote:
Originally Posted by WakePowell
I went down to get a new cell phone battery but... the Ford dealer was on the way. I ended up getting a new tow rig and forgot to get the battery....
That is a good looking rig!
Old 07-21-2005, 11:51 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: Mastercraft X-Series
Thanks for the comments. The truck is the blue Harley Davidson edition with the 6.0 diesel. I am not a Harley bike guy but I felt the truck looked great.
Old 07-21-2005, 12:05 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 1998 ProStar 205 Sammy Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by maristarman
When we had our third we bought a Grand Caravan. It was only a few months before we realized that it didn't have enough room.

Traded it in for a suburban and never looked back.

We're on our 2nd suburban now.

With all of the end of year clearance sales that will be coming up in August, you can probably get a sweet deal. They're not as expensive as you think.

Last August we bought an 04 that actually cost us less than our 99 did because of all the rebates and incentives.

P.S. our 04 Suburban with the hatch has plenty of clearance to open up even with the boat and trailer hooked up.

Suburban all the way. I keep upgrading.....I'm on my 4th, 2005

Jeff
Blue Skies and Soft Landings
2005 X-Star LQ9 with closed cooling
1998 PS205 Sammy W/Monster Tower SOLD
Old 07-21-2005, 02:11 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: It's always changing! X-Star-Prostar190/205-Maristar
Tow Vehicle for Sale....

If anyone is looking for a Tow vehicle I have two that I am selling. As some of you know, I have a dealers license and recently purchased both of these trucks at the Florida Auto Auction.

First truck: 2004 Ford F250 Harley Davidson Edition, 4x4, diesel. Two tone Black/Grey. Only 10k miles. Includes matching topper and removable "Bed Rug" Asking $38,900. I pulled my boat with it yesterday and literally did not even know it was back there. email me if you want more pics. Tom 407-230-6748
Attached Images

Old 07-21-2005, 02:26 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: It's always changing! X-Star-Prostar190/205-Maristar
Second Tow Vehicle for sale...

2004 Toyota Tundra, Double cab, Limited Edition, Flowmaster dual exhaust, leather, Toyota Certified, 4x4, Full warranty, Only 10,400 miles. Asking $30,500 Email me for additional pics.

Tom
Attached Images

Old 07-21-2005, 02:32 PM
MC Master Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by T Scott
If anyone is looking for a Tow vehicle I have two that I am selling. As some of you know, I have a dealers license and recently purchased both of these trucks at the Florida Auto Auction.

First truck: 2004 Ford F250 Harley Davidson Edition, 4x4, diesel. Two tone Black/Grey. Only 10k miles. Includes matching topper and removable "Bed Rug" Asking $38,900. I pulled my boat with it yesterday and literally did not even know it was back there. email me if you want more pics. Tom 407-230-6748
I do love those wheels, but they are hot on the thieves list around here, I wouldn't think of it. Same color as mine without the HD getup.
Old 07-21-2005, 02:32 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1997 Prostar 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by River Rat
Suburban all the way. I keep upgrading.....I'm on my 4th, 2005
Dad has a '04 with the quadrasteer option. He trailers a 21' Boston Whaler and that rear wheel steering is amazing. It manuevers and backs up like nothing else, and the sway on the highway is eliminated. You'd have to drive it to believe it. (It turns in a tighter circle than my Tahoe) ~!!!
Old 07-21-2005, 02:47 PM
MC Master Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan Jones
Dad has a '04 with the quadrasteer option. He trailers a 21' Boston Whaler and that rear wheel steering is amazing. It manuevers and backs up like nothing else, and the sway on the highway is eliminated. You'd have to drive it to believe it. (It turns in a tighter circle than my Tahoe) ~!!!
The biggest thinig that steered me away from the quad steer is the durability. I have built 4X4 vehicles, and the rear wheel steering has me concerned about it in the future. Long term I am concerned with. Ever look underneath it and see whats there. gotta think about what could happen if one of those components lets go.
Old 07-21-2005, 03:05 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1997 Prostar 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by Workin' 4 Toys
The biggest thinig that steered me away from the quad steer is the durability. I have built 4X4 vehicles, and the rear wheel steering has me concerned about it in the future. Long term I am concerned with. Ever look underneath it and see whats there. gotta think about what could happen if one of those components lets go.
Yeah, makes me a little nervous, but it all looks pretty beefy under there. The electrical is what I am leery of, and it reverts back to straight steering when there is a problem. Its just fun having the bling factor, and being able to manuever a big rig like its a honda.

Plus, Dad usually trades his rigs in before they hit 80,000 miles.

Tags
2008, f150, f350, hybrid, tdi, x2 2008, x45, xstar