Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > Tow Vehicles

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #4051  
Old 05-22-2013, 11:34 AM
BrianT BrianT is offline
MC Fanatic
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Boat: 2011 X2 5.7 Ilmor
Location: Southern Alberta
Posts: 518
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott023 View Post
New tow rig. 2013 Sierra Denali. 2 4 lowering kit, air bag suspension with auto load leveling. Rims are on the way.
Very nice! Post up some pictures of it with the new shoes. I see you ordered it with the 4" OD tailpipe. I have a Yukon Denali witht he same option. I took it to a muffler shop yesterday because I wanted to get dual exhaust from the muffler back, they tell me it will be tough because the 6.2L came from the factory with 3.5" pipe and the muffler shop guy tells me that that diameter of pipe is tough to bend. He said he could go max 3" but I really don't want to go with a smaller diameter pipe. I have a K&N cold air intake so I'd like to keep the exhaust as big as possible. Anyone have any suggestions?
Reply With Quote
  #4052  
Old 05-22-2013, 04:57 PM
scott023's Avatar
scott023 scott023 is offline
MC Master Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Boat: 2008 X45 Switch L18
Location: Canada
Posts: 11,444
Quote:
Originally Posted by JulioX2 View Post
Truck is looking good Scott. Wheels will make it look even better. How's it ride for being lowered? Choppy ride?
Rides exactly the saem as factory, not kidding. Install the right equipment, and have it installed by the right guy, and you'll be laughing. These are the rims I ordered.

http://www.mhtwheels.com/mht-luxury-...el.cfm?id=6966
Reply With Quote
  #4053  
Old 05-22-2013, 04:58 PM
scott023's Avatar
scott023 scott023 is offline
MC Master Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Boat: 2008 X45 Switch L18
Location: Canada
Posts: 11,444
Quote:
Originally Posted by zsqure View Post
Scott023, nice job on the lowering. Not enough lowered trucks on here. What kit did you use? Is it 4wd? Lets see a pic hooked up to your boat.
Hasn't had the boat behind it yet, so no pic to share. I'll post as soon as I have one. Used a McGaughy's lowering kit, not sure on the manufaturer of the air bags. All the the Sierra Denali are AWD.
Reply With Quote
  #4054  
Old 05-22-2013, 05:07 PM
Forrest-X45's Avatar
Forrest-X45 Forrest-X45 is offline
MC Fanatic
 
Join Date: May 2009
Boat: X-45
Location: Northwest
Posts: 634
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianT View Post
Very nice! Post up some pictures of it with the new shoes. I see you ordered it with the 4" OD tailpipe. I have a Yukon Denali witht he same option. I took it to a muffler shop yesterday because I wanted to get dual exhaust from the muffler back, they tell me it will be tough because the 6.2L came from the factory with 3.5" pipe and the muffler shop guy tells me that that diameter of pipe is tough to bend. He said he could go max 3" but I really don't want to go with a smaller diameter pipe. I have a K&N cold air intake so I'd like to keep the exhaust as big as possible. Anyone have any suggestions?
If you want to keep the factory muffler then what about going with the 3" duals from the muffler and adding a 3.5" or 4" tips to keep your stock appearance? Dual 3" will be way more than you need from a performance standpoint. Otherwise I would research aftermarket dual exit cat back systems.
__________________
2008 X-45 Pro Tour Red and White
Reply With Quote
  #4055  
Old 05-22-2013, 05:10 PM
Forrest-X45's Avatar
Forrest-X45 Forrest-X45 is offline
MC Fanatic
 
Join Date: May 2009
Boat: X-45
Location: Northwest
Posts: 634
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott023 View Post
Rides exactly the saem as factory, not kidding. Install the right equipment, and have it installed by the right guy, and you'll be laughing. These are the rims I ordered.

http://www.mhtwheels.com/mht-luxury-...el.cfm?id=6966
Nice shoes, Scott!! Did you stick with 20's or did you upsize? I like the new stance but are you going to install a snow plow to the front bumper when you get a foot of snow.
__________________
2008 X-45 Pro Tour Red and White
Reply With Quote
  #4056  
Old 05-22-2013, 05:12 PM
scott023's Avatar
scott023 scott023 is offline
MC Master Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Boat: 2008 X45 Switch L18
Location: Canada
Posts: 11,444
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianT View Post
Very nice! Post up some pictures of it with the new shoes. I see you ordered it with the 4" OD tailpipe. I have a Yukon Denali witht he same option. I took it to a muffler shop yesterday because I wanted to get dual exhaust from the muffler back, they tell me it will be tough because the 6.2L came from the factory with 3.5" pipe and the muffler shop guy tells me that that diameter of pipe is tough to bend. He said he could go max 3" but I really don't want to go with a smaller diameter pipe. I have a K&N cold air intake so I'd like to keep the exhaust as big as possible. Anyone have any suggestions?
I have a Touring exhaust kit from Corsa on the way here, hopefully installed this week. 4" from the headers back. Also put an AFE cold air intake on it.

http://www.corsaperformance.com/prod...px?product=978

http://afepower.com/shop/details_new...2L&&brandID=53
Attached Images
 
Reply With Quote
  #4057  
Old 05-22-2013, 05:14 PM
scott023's Avatar
scott023 scott023 is offline
MC Master Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Boat: 2008 X45 Switch L18
Location: Canada
Posts: 11,444
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forrest-X45 View Post
Nice shoes, Scott!! Did you stick with 20's or did you upsize? I like the new stance but are you going to install a snow plow to the front bumper when you get a foot of snow.
No, I went with 22's. Putting Hankook R11 snow/ice tires on the factory rims. The 22's will run Falken STZ 05.

It'll be fine in the winter, it's still way higher than my car, and I've never had issues with it.
Reply With Quote
  #4058  
Old 05-22-2013, 06:19 PM
JulioX2's Avatar
JulioX2 JulioX2 is offline
TT Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Boat: X-2
Location: Alberta, Canada
Posts: 201
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott023 View Post
Rides exactly the saem as factory, not kidding. Install the right equipment, and have it installed by the right guy, and you'll be laughing. These are the rims I ordered.

http://www.mhtwheels.com/mht-luxury-...el.cfm?id=6966
That's gonna look sick! Nice choice on the wheels. Who installed the suspension components?
Reply With Quote
  #4059  
Old 05-22-2013, 09:22 PM
scott023's Avatar
scott023 scott023 is offline
MC Master Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Boat: 2008 X45 Switch L18
Location: Canada
Posts: 11,444
Quote:
Originally Posted by JulioX2 View Post
That's gonna look sick! Nice choice on the wheels. Who installed the suspension components?
Sean at Integra Tire in Red Deer. He's a GM performance tech, and he builds things like this as if its his own vehicle. The custom welds for the air bags are mint. if you want something cool and unique done, give him a call.
Reply With Quote
  #4060  
Old 05-22-2013, 09:29 PM
jafo9's Avatar
jafo9 jafo9 is offline
MC Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Boat: 2002 X30 LTR
Location: Southeast
Posts: 693
here's a shot of my FZJ80 pulling my X30. my wife's car is a much better tow rig so i only use the LC for short runs. the nice thing about the LC is i have it wired so i can engage low range and leave all the diffs open. it comes in handy since my driveway is pretty steep and fallen debris can make it slippery.
Attached Images
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
2008, f150, f350, hybrid, tdi, x2 2008, x45, xstar

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:35 AM.