Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > Tow Vehicles

Old 01-05-2005, 06:28 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: 95 PS 190 EFI
Send a message via AIM to jimmer2880
Now HERE's a rig that you don't notice the boat behind...

1969 GMC C50. Choped 4' out of the frame. Custom Fork lift welded on rear-end for 8' of ball-height's available. Check out the Custom extending mirrors. They can spread to 18' wide!

I almost forgot the most important part. Pulled the locked up 400 small-block & dropped in a 7-cylinder 305! She'll clear any mosquitos from the area!
"I kept a crabgrass free lawn"
It's time to SKI.
Old 01-05-2005, 07:03 AM
MC Addict

Boat: 2004 Prostar 209
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkP
Let me know man..Brad, Thatís one of the trucks that Ive been considering. I need a smaller truck with more room. I may trade my 94 F250 this year. Iím dragging my feet to see if transmission issues develop with the 04 Fs. I know first hand of the transmission issues with the 04 Explorer.

Care to expound on this Mark?? I was actually considering buying a 2005 F150 Lariet crew cab 4x4. I need more room than the chevy x cab for hauling passengers. It's either the Ford or a Chevy Avalanche. I really don't like the look of the new Chevy crew cabs
Old 01-05-2005, 07:52 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2000 PS205/1999 Manitou 24' party barge
Prostar205, If it's a Ford you want to post pics of, here are the instructions to shrink the pic http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=23

Adding it is easy-->when you're replying to a thread, under additional options, there's an 'attach files' section, just upload your pic from there.

If it's a Chevy you want to post pics of, I believe they have detailed instructions at either of these 2 sites.

www.soccermoms.com or www.build-a-bear.com
Old 01-05-2005, 07:56 AM
MC Addict

Boat: 1982 Skier19, Powerslot, 351PCM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mitch
If it's a Chevy you want to post pics of, I believe they have detailed instructions at either of these 2 sites.

Here we go Ford vs GM vs ........... are there any others..........
Old 01-05-2005, 08:39 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: 2007 Triton 176 Mag
I am on my 10 company truck in 8 yrs. All Fords, all with the Triton 5.4 V8. Great trucks and great motors. Stay away from the 2001, it has coil wire trouble(had two those damn things), and they cost alot to replace. I replaced 7 out of 8 on a company truck and all 8 on Brandy's last truck(big reason she has the 04'). My company trucks take a beating and just keep on running. Just afew days ago I had about 1000lbs. in the back and had to drive about 4 miles locked in 4x4 to make it to a drilling rig. Past a Dodge 4x4(with HEMI ) stuck in the ditch. I pulled him out on my way back Nothing but Fords for BeeeRad!!
Old 01-05-2005, 10:15 AM
MC Addict

Boat: MasterCraft PS205 351 HO
Mag

I think the guy at the dealer I took it to told me it was a selenoid (sp) inside of the transmission he replaced. He said they donít know if they will recall the tranny or not. He told me they see a lot of transmission issues with the 04 Explorer. Also told me the repair SHOULD fix the problem. (slipping bad in-between gears and long hesitation between D and R)

I am considering that same truck 4 door 4X4 F150 but want to see how this transmission issue plays out. Still have a vibration or growling pulling away from a stop???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mag_Red
Care to expound on this Mark?? I was actually considering buying a 2005 F150 Lariet crew cab 4x4. I need more room than the chevy x cab for hauling passengers. It's either the Ford or a Chevy Avalanche. I really don't like the look of the new Chevy crew cabs

The wife calls me abrasive
The kids call me Daddy Sweetwater
But the ladies, they just call me El Guapo
Old 01-05-2005, 10:45 AM
MC Addict

Boat: MasterCraft PS205 351 HO
Quote:
Originally Posted by mitch

Um, .........

The wife calls me abrasive
The kids call me Daddy Sweetwater
But the ladies, they just call me El Guapo
Old 01-05-2005, 10:46 AM
MC Hero

Boat: 1998 Ski Nautique
Quote:
Originally Posted by milkmania
this seem odd...
Towing capacity: 7,000 lbs. (4WD 1500 Suburban: 8,600)
Doesn't seem odd to me. Suburbans rock (and I own a Ford). Sorry for the generalization, and I'm sure there are plenty of exceptions out there, but it seems that a lot of H2s (at least the ones around here), have never, and never will, see offroad. The original Hum-Vees were amazing, but the new ones seem to be used more for billboards for the local fitness center than anything else. I'd take my old Jeep GW over an H2. It just had more character. Must've been the wood paneling.

Just my worthless $.02. I often miss Matilda.

Red 1998 Closed Bow Ski Boat, Ford 351, 310 hp, Acme 4 blade, Perfect Pass SG.

FAQ

Tyler Ski Club

To me, this forum is about love of inboard boats. It is about the sharing of information and, on a good day, some humor. It is not about post count, brand of boat, or any other superfluous labels that lend themselves to a false sense of superiority. Please, respect one another, try to pass on accurate information, and keep your eye on the ball.

Last edited by east tx skier; 01-05-2005 at 10:50 AM.
Old 01-05-2005, 10:53 AM
MC Hero

Boat: 1998 Ski Nautique
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradamerry
Stay away from the 2001, it has coil wire trouble(had two those damn things), and they cost alot to replace. I replaced 7 out of 8 on a company truck and all 8 on Brandy's last truck(big reason she has the 04').
Brad, I've got an 01 Expedition with the Triton 5.4. Can you elaborate on what I'm in for?

Red 1998 Closed Bow Ski Boat, Ford 351, 310 hp, Acme 4 blade, Perfect Pass SG.

FAQ

Tyler Ski Club

To me, this forum is about love of inboard boats. It is about the sharing of information and, on a good day, some humor. It is not about post count, brand of boat, or any other superfluous labels that lend themselves to a false sense of superiority. Please, respect one another, try to pass on accurate information, and keep your eye on the ball.
Old 01-05-2005, 11:31 AM
MC Addict

Boat: 1982 Skier19, Powerslot, 351PCM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradamerry
.... All Fords, all with the Triton 5.4 V8. Great trucks and great motors. Stay away from the 2001, it has coil wire trouble(had two those damn things), and they cost alot to replace. I replaced 7 out of 8 on a company truck and all 8 on Brandy's last truck(big reason she has the 04').....
My 97 has the first year of the 5.4 Triton. Has 97K on it now and hasnt had any problems.
I am coming close to the first scheduled tune up at 106,000 and I understand the plugs with the coil packs go for $50 or so. Looks like a $400 plus tune up is due this summer.

Tags
2008, f150, f350, hybrid, tdi, x2 2008, x45, xstar