Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > Tow Vehicles

Old 10-15-2012, 09:40 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: MC ProStar 209, 2001, LTR, Blue
Don't be haters, sucks to suck! The kids say he was pulling a seadoo boat, but I think it was a Bayliner....

Double D yes at the PLX.

Last edited by zsqure; 10-15-2012 at 09:43 PM. Reason: dd
Old 10-15-2012, 10:01 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 1994 Mastercraft, ProStar 205, 350 Indmar with 275 hp
Quote:
Originally Posted by zsqure View Post
Don't be haters, sucks to suck! The kids say he was pulling a seadoo boat, but I think it was a Bayliner....

Double D yes at the PLX.
I was gonna guess a Bayliner.....

1994 MasterCraft ProStar 205
275 HP 350 Chevy Indmar
Monster Tower & PerfectPass

Check out the MasterCraft Buckeye Bash on Facebook!

"In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress." - John Adams
Old 10-15-2012, 11:47 PM
TT Regular

Boat: Mastercraft x-15 2008
Touareg TDI

New tow rig. 2013 Touareg TDI Exec. Just getting it broken in so haven't towed with it yet. A lot of what I read here and on other sites lead me to this purchase. It drives great. Has great get up and go. 240 HP and some 407lbs of torque. Plus it gets great gas mileage.

The thread on here about the t-bone accident also really sold me on it.

We had looked at the Cayenne too and other truck options but just didn't want another large truck and didn't want to spend the premium on the Cayenne, not that this thing was inexpensive. Man never thought I would buy a VW much less spend what we did on a VW. All in all pretty happy with it. I will post more info once we start towing with it. Will likely go out for the last time this season on Saturday.
Attached Images

Old 10-16-2012, 09:22 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: X-2
Quote:
Originally Posted by iplount View Post
New tow rig. 2013 Touareg TDI Exec. Just getting it broken in so haven't towed with it yet. A lot of what I read here and on other sites lead me to this purchase. It drives great. Has great get up and go. 240 HP and some 407lbs of torque. Plus it gets great gas mileage.

We had looked at the Cayenne too and other truck options but just didn't want another large truck and didn't want to spend the premium on the Cayenne, not that this thing was inexpensive. Man never thought I would buy a VW much less spend what we did on a VW. All in all pretty happy with it. I will post more info once we start towing with it. Will likely go out for the last time this season on Saturday.

That thing is a beauty!
I'm on the fence on getting one. Took out a Q7, hooked it up to the boat and pulled it like a champion. Would have bought it, but my local Audi dealer wasn't very helpful. Poor sales service.
Let us know what you think about it, post pics with the boat hooked up.
Old 10-16-2012, 09:24 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: 2007 X2 towed by a 2012 Touareg TDI
Quote:

great looking t-rex! i have a 2012 tdi and love it and it pulls like a champ.
Old 10-16-2012, 09:21 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: 2012 Tournament Team 197
Newmar Kountry Star Tow

Picking up the 2012 TT in KY
Attached Images

Old 10-17-2012, 10:45 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2013 X25 - 6.2 Ilmor Baby
You will not be disappointed in it's Tow ability, just awesome in every way. I am getting about 14 MPG towing my X2 through the mountains and 28 to 30 MPG all around average. No sway with a tandem trailer either which was my biggest concern based on it's size and braking is a non issue also. Quite frankly, only way I really know the boat is with me is by looking in the rear view, lol. On steep highway down hills, I found this to work best. Go to Manual mode... Run about 79-80 mph by the time you hit the bottom of the hill in 8th gear, (1900 rpm) at the start of the uphill, shift to 7th and you can lug all the way up at about 70 mph (2400 rpm) Pedaling it seems to work best and keeps the shifting to a minimum. You can run with cruise, but it is way late and over shifting occurs.

Do yourself a favor and order one of these, eliminates the clunking. http://www.etrailer.com/dept-pg-Ball...-Aluminum.aspx
I use it in the raised position, rear end only drops 1" and trailer is perfectly level.

Cheers,

Quote:

Old 10-17-2012, 11:08 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: Mastercraft, Prostar 205, 1994, LT1
^^^^ That's a pretty cool hitch solution.....never seen one before. Thanks!

1994 205, LT1
Old 10-17-2012, 11:17 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: 2007 X2 towed by a 2012 Touareg TDI
mattscraft, which one on the page did you go with?
Old 10-17-2012, 12:01 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: '06 X2 MCX
Quote:

Great rig! Did VW de-rate the tdi Touregs or is it not the V10 anymore? I recall the older ones being somewhere around 300hp/500tq.

"I understand why some people may not want to do this the way I have recommended but I can't understand the death grip some people have on a toilet plunger with a hose fitting." -JimN

Tags
2008, f150, f350, hybrid, tdi, x2 2008, x45, xstar