Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > Tow Vehicles

Old 11-14-2011, 06:25 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: '07 X45 LY6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Footin View Post
Thats what I thought...it will be kinda slow, but I will only be towing a few miles to the ramp each day. Bad thing is the ramps at the lake are VERY STEEP AND LONG, I hope the old truck can handle it as it is a 2WD.
2WD is going to be the biggest problem. I have pulled mine (granted mine is a 195) with my 70 Chevy several times. Even ttok it on a 4 hour trip pulling the boat at 75+. Been stuck on the ramp once too. It had a lot of sand on it and the wife was too heavy on the clutch. Sunk in the sand, but was able to push it out by hand and moved to a different ramp. But as I was saying the long ramp wouldn't scare me but if they are steep and have sand on them, install a winch.

You look like I need a beer!

2001 Prostar 195 Sold

2007 X45 LY6
Old 11-14-2011, 06:40 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1999 Mastercraft Maristar 230VRS
If they are at Cumberland, I would think you would be fine. Just take it slow going down them.
Old 11-14-2011, 06:59 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 2007 Maristar 200VRS X2
Quote:
Originally Posted by fstaslp View Post
If they are at Cumberland, I would think you would be fine. Just take it slow going down them.
They are at LC. Nice ramps just long and steep.
Old 11-14-2011, 07:06 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1999 Mastercraft Maristar 230VRS
Most times, 2wd gets up just fine unless it is raining.

The problems that I always see are the idiots who get going too fast down them and then lock them up trying to slow down.

At Jamestown, the hardest part is the climb out after getting up the ramp.
Old 11-14-2011, 07:24 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: '06 X2 MCX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Footin View Post
They are at LC. Nice ramps just long and steep.
Since you're only towing a couple miles, air down the back tires, 25psi and a little weight in the bed and it'll handle about any paved ramp.
Now back to the jimmies1 show!

"I understand why some people may not want to do this the way I have recommended but I can't understand the death grip some people have on a toilet plunger with a hose fitting." -JimN
Old 11-14-2011, 07:25 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: '06 X2 MCX
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmies1 View Post
My 2012 X80 behind my 2012 GMC Denali HD
JFC, what do you do for a living (besides buy expensive custom toys)?
I like that X80 much more than the other one(s) you have/had.

"I understand why some people may not want to do this the way I have recommended but I can't understand the death grip some people have on a toilet plunger with a hose fitting." -JimN
Old 11-30-2011, 07:43 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: Med Blue 2012 X2, Illmor 5.7
Send a message via MSN to dpolen
I just ordered a new Lexus RX 350 AWD for my wife as her daily driver. It has the tow package on it, has anyone ever towed anything with one of these? I'll use my Tahoe to tow the boat, but just curious if anyone else has any experience with this vehicle? I think its only rated for like 3500lbs, but that's could probably pull a ProStar. Just curious.

Clearly my new ride isn't as cool as Jimmies...but my wife is happy, so as long as she is happy, I will hopefully be rewarded appropriately once the car arrives if you know what I mean. ;-)

He who dies with the most toys wins...I'm losing right now!!!
Old 11-30-2011, 09:51 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: Mastercraft, Prostar 205, 1994, LT1
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpolen View Post
I just ordered a new Lexus RX 350 AWD for my wife as her daily driver. It has the tow package on it, has anyone ever towed anything with one of these? I'll use my Tahoe to tow the boat, but just curious if anyone else has any experience with this vehicle? I think its only rated for like 3500lbs, but that's could probably pull a ProStar. Just curious.

Clearly my new ride isn't as cool as Jimmies...but my wife is happy, so as long as she is happy, I will hopefully be rewarded appropriately once the car arrives if you know what I mean. ;-)
As much as I'm not a huge fan of "the styling uniqueness" our 07' RX400h, it hasn't given us any problems. I think it's hitting around 77k and all we do is service it. My wife really likes it so I can't complain. It does go really fast (in a straight line)! We also have it serviced at the Toyota dealer for all warranty work. No problem at all. The tech there just said it was a "fancy Highlander Hybrid".....which makes sense.

Good luck with your new purchase!~ At least you have a tow rating. I think our Hybrid says like "500 lbs" and not really recommended to tow anything. Hey, that's what the suburban's for!!

1994 205, LT1

Last edited by Ski-me; 11-30-2011 at 09:54 AM.
Old 11-30-2011, 03:30 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: Med Blue 2012 X2, Illmor 5.7
Send a message via MSN to dpolen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ski-me View Post
As much as I'm not a huge fan of "the styling uniqueness" our 07' RX400h, it hasn't given us any problems. I think it's hitting around 77k and all we do is service it. My wife really likes it so I can't complain. It does go really fast (in a straight line)! We also have it serviced at the Toyota dealer for all warranty work. No problem at all. The tech there just said it was a "fancy Highlander Hybrid".....which makes sense.

Good luck with your new purchase!~ At least you have a tow rating. I think our Hybrid says like "500 lbs" and not really recommended to tow anything. Hey, that's what the suburban's for!!
I thought the Hybrids were really cool, just couldn't justify spending the extra $$$ on one. Glad to hear you've have a good experience with yours. Thanks!

He who dies with the most toys wins...I'm losing right now!!!
Old 11-30-2011, 05:54 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: None
My 89 ProStar behind the MIGHTY 95 Jeep Cherokee

You might be a redneck if your tow vehicle is only worth 25% of the value of the boat its towing.......
Attached Images

Tags
2008, f150, f350, hybrid, tdi, x2 2008, x45, xstar