Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > Tow Vehicles

Old 09-08-2011, 04:15 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2010 x14v
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrprostar View Post
Agreed....
And no jab intended at where you live, NM is beautiful in some places, but some places in Albq just plain scare me...btw, where do you usually boat around there?
Old 09-08-2011, 04:34 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: Mastercraft X-45, 2007, 496 8.1 L18
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT500 MC View Post
And no jab intended at where you live, NM is beautiful in some places, but some places in Albq just plain scare me...btw, where do you usually boat around there?
There's no doubt, I live in Albuquerque and there are some areas where I wouldn't want to be broken down on the street. However, there are some neighborhoods here that rival some of the nicest I saw while living up in Boulder, Co. You just don't see the "nice NM" by driving through on the Interstates.

That being said, a friend of mine had an internship in Oakland last year and HOLY CRAP!!! Some areas there made Abq feel like Disneyland.. yikes
Old 09-08-2011, 05:35 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1996 Prostar 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT500 MC View Post
Albuquerque, like most cities, has some pretty scary parts. It also has a lot of very nice parts. The north side of town is very nice. Not like north Chicago, but still nice.

Most of the time we go to El Vado, but like to mix it up and find the best place for any time of year. El Vado is always really low for Labor Day and we trashed a prop there two years ago. We still haven't found a good lake for Memorial because everywhere is so windy. We went all the way to Powell this year only to get blown off the lake all three days before 9 AM. What about you?

1996 Prostar 205
Old 09-08-2011, 07:31 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2010 x14v
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrprostar View Post
Albuquerque, like most cities, has some pretty scary parts. It also has a lot of very nice parts. The north side of town is very nice. Not like north Chicago, but still nice.

Most of the time we go to El Vado, but like to mix it up and find the best place for any time of year. El Vado is always really low for Labor Day and we trashed a prop there two years ago. We still haven't found a good lake for Memorial because everywhere is so windy. We went all the way to Powell this year only to get blown off the lake all three days before 9 AM. What about you?
In Denver, usually go to Chatfield, Horsetooth, the public, crowded places...looking for a private lake for next year though.
Old 09-08-2011, 07:43 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: '06 X2 MCX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quinten View Post
Why does everyone drive big trucks in the USA?? I like it, but we only have a mercedes-benz cdi220 break in front of our crowline, next year for a x2 :p
BECAUSE WE CAN!
Attached Images

"I understand why some people may not want to do this the way I have recommended but I can't understand the death grip some people have on a toilet plunger with a hose fitting." -JimN
Old 09-08-2011, 09:19 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 96 PS205
They both just fit in the driveway hooked up....Nothing like taking the business rig to the lake---camping my kind of way.....comfortable!!
Attached Images

Old 09-09-2011, 05:38 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1997 Crownline 182 (sold), 2012 Mastercraft X2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrall View Post
BECAUSE WE CAN!
It's sad that we in Europe, (Belgium for me) can't cause the high taxes on big enginges and high fuel prices :')
Old 09-09-2011, 06:50 AM

Boat: 06 X30
Quote:
It's sad that we in Europe, (Belgium for me) can't cause the high taxes on big enginges and high fuel prices :')
Sad fact, too many American's don't see it as a privilege to have such things. Sure we all work for such luxuries but there are lots of places in this world that if you are not the dictator you wouldn't have it they way you do.

God Bless America and God Bless the Troops!
Old 09-09-2011, 06:51 AM
TT Regular

Boat: 2006, X9, MCX
Quote:
Why does everyone drive big trucks in the USA?? I like it, but we only have a mercedes-benz cdi220 break in front of our crowline, next year for a x2 :p
Mine's not that big!
Attached Images

Old 09-09-2011, 06:52 AM

Boat: 06 X30
Sweet looking set up TXX9!

Tags
2008, f150, f350, hybrid, tdi, x2 2008, x45, xstar