Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > Tow Vehicles

Old 11-28-2014, 09:46 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: Mastercraft, prostar 2001 205v
New Toy for the Toy's

Well after some hard looking I was able to finally find a new puller... Have to say it was hard to let the diesel go... but the economics didn't work anymore...along with the 20% bio diesel making some motors susceptible to failure... In my case 2010 Ford... only good to 10% bio diesel and well out of warranty....

http://www.westmetroauto.com/Vehicle...-MN/2292600023

Not sure if the above works or not... if not I will post up some pics if the weather ever gets decent... 0 this morning...

It has enough stuff but the reason I bought it was it has the max towing package, which includes 6.2L with 3.73 gears and 9.76" axle. It can tow 11,800lbs... so by spring it will be all broke in and ready to go... and GM will no longer make this configuration .. The dealer didn't even realize he had it (supposedly) but I couldn't find another one in 500 mile radius. They believe it was not on the locator as it has been around sense June/July...
Old 11-28-2014, 10:12 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 1996 Prostar190
Very nice truck. I have a similar 2013 without as many toys on it. After owning a diesel you won't be happy with the mileage (don't believe the epa numbers), but overall I am very happy with mine.
Old 11-29-2014, 12:26 AM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 2008 X45 Switch L18
Great choice. Let us know how it performs.
Old 12-09-2014, 09:55 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 91' MC 240sc
Quote:
Originally Posted by curver900 View Post
.. The dealer didn't even realize he had it (supposedly) but I couldn't find another one in 500 mile radius. They believe it was not on the locator as it has been around sense June/July...
After my experience with dealers being able to "locate" inventory..... I call BS unless you had the same experience with several dealers nor could find it on your own search of GM inventory.

The local dealer I started working with told me the truck I was looking for (and eventually purchased) was "not available", after just bringing the sheet to me. Turns out my local dealer was not willing to make an inventory trade acceptable to the other dealer. So instead of being honest, they told me it was Unavailable and tried to push me the new model year with expensive options I did not want but was on their lot
Sounds to me like someone was holding it for some reason.......

EDIT - After reviewing the dealer page. I bought MY truck from West Metro!
I liked the price and their service and cooperation though out the sale was great.
BUT, if two experiences are a "trend", they do appear to hold desirable inventory for themselves. I bought mine late in the season too, around Nov 1, 2007.
Old 12-11-2014, 12:27 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: Mastercraft, prostar 2001 205v
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsloop View Post
After my experience with dealers being able to "locate" inventory..... I call BS unless you had the same experience with several dealers nor could find it on your own search of GM inventory.

The local dealer I started working with told me the truck I was looking for (and eventually purchased) was "not available", after just bringing the sheet to me. Turns out my local dealer was not willing to make an inventory trade acceptable to the other dealer. So instead of being honest, they told me it was Unavailable and tried to push me the new model year with expensive options I did not want but was on their lot
Sounds to me like someone was holding it for some reason.......

EDIT - After reviewing the dealer page. I bought MY truck from West Metro!
I liked the price and their service and cooperation though out the sale was great.
BUT, if two experiences are a "trend", they do appear to hold desirable inventory for themselves. I bought mine late in the season too, around Nov 1, 2007.
Well if he held it he didn't make any more money on it.. I was pleased with the pricing and the salesman was top notch.. they also installed my mud flaps for free... now that right there is a large debacle. They gave me $2k more for my trade then I figured so it was a good experience... they are a very good dealer compared to others... this is the second truck I bought from them...
And if they hold desirable hardware then I know next time where to look first
Old 12-11-2014, 05:05 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: 2002 197tt lq9 mini tower
I picked up my truck from West Metro several years back. I found what I was looking for priced right. I have never been back to them, but that has nothing to do with the sale. I am located in the real west metro area and they are a bit of a hike. Good luck with the new rig.