Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > Watersports > Wakeboarding & Wakeskating

Old 01-24-2005, 10:49 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: '85 Stars and Stripes
slalom trainer

waaaaayyy back, i had seen a slalom training machine in the back of WS magazine. It was a device you could use to practice your form in the off season. does anyone have one? any information on one? did anyone else even see it, or am I crazy?
Click here if you need prayer, or wish to pray for those who do.
Old 01-24-2005, 11:15 AM
MC Hero

Boat: 1998 Ski Nautique
It's called "Perfect Pull" I believe. Good luck finding one. I've often considered building the bottom part and putting it on the dock with a ski handle tied to a dock post just to warm up.

I seem to remember it either being built or sold by a guy named Mark Kovalcson who often posts on the Water Ski Forum

If he didn't design it, I'll bet he can tell you either (1) where to find one, or (2) that you'll have a hard time finding one.

Keep us posted.

Red 1998 Closed Bow Ski Boat, Ford 351, 310 hp, Acme 4 blade, Perfect Pass SG.

FAQ

Tyler Ski Club

To me, this forum is about love of inboard boats. It is about the sharing of information and, on a good day, some humor. It is not about post count, brand of boat, or any other superfluous labels that lend themselves to a false sense of superiority. Please, respect one another, try to pass on accurate information, and keep your eye on the ball.
Old 01-24-2005, 11:17 AM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 2005 Prostar 197 / MCX
Quote:
Originally Posted by east tx skier
It's called "Perfect Pull" I believe. Good luck finding one. I've often considered building the bottom part and putting it on the dock with a ski handle tied to a dock post just to warm up.

I seem to remember it either being built or sold by a guy named Mark Kovalcson who often posts on the Water Ski Forum

If he didn't design it, I'll bet he can tell you either (1) where to find one, or (2) that you'll have a hard time finding one.

Keep us posted.
ya, let us know how that conversation goes!
Old 01-25-2005, 05:18 PM
MC Hero

Mark K, apparently in response to H20's email, has put out a request on the Water Ski Forum about anyone looking to sell his Perfect Pull. He was also kind enough to upload some pictures of one.

It's under "Blast from the Past."

FAQ

Tyler Ski Club

To me, this forum is about love of inboard boats. It is about the sharing of information and, on a good day, some humor. It is not about post count, brand of boat, or any other superfluous labels that lend themselves to a false sense of superiority. Please, respect one another, try to pass on accurate information, and keep your eye on the ball.
Old 12-13-2005, 12:28 AM
MC Master Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by H20skeefreek
waaaaayyy back, i had seen a slalom training machine in the back of WS magazine. It was a device you could use to practice your form in the off season. does anyone have one? any information on one? did anyone else even see it, or am I crazy?
Freek, ETX has the right guy in mind but he is no longer making the perfect pull.

I recently talked to him and he is the guy who designed the perfect pull slalom training device.

He wants to sell all the gear & the name to someone who's willing to resurrect the device

I can build and ship and distribute them but, who'd be interested in such an item?
Old 12-13-2005, 10:41 AM
MC Hero

Depending on price, I might be interested. I'll save you the trouble of shipping it of course. What's the bottom line $$$?

FAQ

Tyler Ski Club

Old 12-13-2005, 11:59 AM
MC Master Poster

I dont know a price yet which I understand will play into demand, but who'd be interested in one at all?
This is very unscientific market research, I know, but just wanted a feel if anyone even thought these things were something they'd want.
(Sorry, I have no link or pics at this time so this is kinda moot I suppose)
Old 12-13-2005, 12:21 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 1988 Prostar 190
Quote:

A friend of mine has a makeshift Perfectpull on the dock that works great. Took a 2 x 6 and a 4 x 4 about 3ft long and cut a 45 down one edge of each. Put the 4x on top of the 6x and screwed the whole thing to the dock just far enough away from the post for the handle. Put your feet on the boards and lean. Works great.

1997 Prostar 190, TBI 350, 1:1, OJ XMP 13 x 11.5, Stargazer, Hot Shower, Heated Drivers Seat, Reuben/Mountain Rock/Nite Navy

Old 12-13-2005, 12:33 PM
MC Hero

To iterate, if the price is right and baby don't need shoes, I'd be interested. Here's a picture to help generate some interest.
Attached Images

FAQ

Tyler Ski Club

Old 12-13-2005, 01:33 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: '07 ProStar 197 w/ MCX
Quote:
To iterate, if the price is right and baby don't need shoes, I'd be interested. Here's a picture to help generate some interest.
What does the machine accomplish? Just stretching? Are there any moving parts or are you stationary?