Go Back   TeamTalk > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Old 12-17-2013, 04:47 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 1991 prostar 190
i want to know the story behind the keg up above the VW?
Old 12-17-2013, 07:20 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 1990 mastercraft p190
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrall View Post
Sherwin Williams Macropoxy 646 is a great material. Blows away the big box store stuff.
I've done a few shops now with it and it holds up great.
Prep is the key. Clean and etch the concrete well. 2 coats. Use a 18" roller to speed it up. Paint the gas curbs first.
Get the darkest color possible IMO that matches the color of the dirt around you. Especially if here's a lot of pet traffic with wet muddy feet.
I've only used a med gray color and chickendd out last time makin it dark brown and wished I had gone darker.
With proper prep the only thin that will take it off the floor is something hard enough or heavy enough to actually gouge the concrete.
Thanks, I'll look into it. We have a local sherwin Williams and I believe the father in law has a commercial acct
Old 12-18-2013, 01:50 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: '06 X2 MCX
Quote:
Originally Posted by clrussell View Post
Thanks, I'll look into it. We have a local sherwin Williams and I believe the father in law has a commercial acct
That stuff is over $100/ gal retail but buying on one of my sub's commercial accounts I got it for about half that.

"I understand why some people may not want to do this the way I have recommended but I can't understand the death grip some people have on a toilet plunger with a hose fitting." -JimN
Old 12-18-2013, 11:28 AM
MC Hero

Boat: 1998 Ski Nautique
Quote:
Originally Posted by bstewart0529 View Post
i want to know the story behind the keg up above the VW?
Decommissioned keg with the spear removed that is used as an extra 15 gallon fermenter.

Red 1998 Closed Bow Ski Boat, Ford 351, 310 hp, Acme 4 blade, Perfect Pass SG.

FAQ

Tyler Ski Club

To me, this forum is about love of inboard boats. It is about the sharing of information and, on a good day, some humor. It is not about post count, brand of boat, or any other superfluous labels that lend themselves to a false sense of superiority. Please, respect one another, try to pass on accurate information, and keep your eye on the ball.
Old 12-18-2013, 11:30 AM
MC Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzimme View Post
Where's the boat????
It was on the shop's spare trailer while I painted it. Boat is back on the trailer in the garage now.

FAQ

Tyler Ski Club

To me, this forum is about love of inboard boats. It is about the sharing of information and, on a good day, some humor. It is not about post count, brand of boat, or any other superfluous labels that lend themselves to a false sense of superiority. Please, respect one another, try to pass on accurate information, and keep your eye on the ball.
Old 12-18-2013, 11:32 AM
MC Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrall View Post
Looks like a great way to get the trailer to fit in the garage Doug, but kinda challenging to tow to the lake now???
Ended up with a new actuator and brake lines (didn't realize they had recently rusted out). So it tows quite a bit better.

Side story. I get the boat home last night, and the pin holding the tongue assembly in place doesn't budget. I finally bang it out with a hammer, but the assembly isn't sliding out no matter how hard I yank on it. Finally, I realize what the problem is. The winch is still hooked up to the boat. Unhooked it and everything slid right out.

FAQ

Tyler Ski Club

Old 12-18-2013, 11:42 AM

Boat: 1997 '190 LT-1/ 'slot
LMAO with that one Eastie.

Prior boats - 2009 X14, 2008 X14, 2005 197, 1988 Tristar 190, 1989 Prostar.
Old 12-18-2013, 11:51 AM
MC Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnE View Post
LMAO with that one Eastie.
Between that, and leaving my ski on the platform when I pulled the boat and trailer over to the dealership to have this all done, my senility is becoming more evident. I'm just glad the ski stayed on the platform at over 50 mph all the way to the dealership.

FAQ

Tyler Ski Club

Old 12-18-2013, 12:23 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 1977 Stars & Stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by east tx skier View Post
Ended up with a new actuator and brake lines (didn't realize they had recently rusted out). So it tows quite a bit better.

Side story. I get the boat home last night, and the pin holding the tongue assembly in place doesn't budget. I finally bang it out with a hammer, but the assembly isn't sliding out no matter how hard I yank on it. Finally, I realize what the problem is. The winch is still hooked up to the boat. Unhooked it and everything slid right out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by east tx skier View Post
Between that, and leaving my ski on the platform when I pulled the boat and trailer over to the dealership to have this all done, my senility is becoming more evident. I'm just glad the ski stayed on the platform at over 50 mph all the way to the dealership.

SPECIAL PRICE
ST205/75R15 KENDA LOADSTAR ON 15X5 WHITE SPOKE WHEEL, BALANCED & DELIVERED - $125 EACH

Tandem Axle Packages Starting at $569 - 4 Aluminum wheels, 4 ST205/75R14 tires, mount & balance.
Single Axle Package Starting at $319 - 2 Aluminum wheels, 2 ST205/75R14 tires, mount & balance.

CARBURETOR REBUILDING - $125 + PARTS
LED lights, Hubs, Spare Tire Carriers, Chrome & Powder Coated Lug Nuts

PM or email me tiresplease@gmail.com
*** FREE DELIVERY ON ALL ORDERS ***
Old 12-18-2013, 01:16 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 09 214 Prostar
Eastie,
How do you like the VW CC? My wife has a 2010.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk