Go Back   TeamTalk > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Old 12-17-2013, 11:57 AM
MC Hero

Boat: 1998 Ski Nautique
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
That tongue looks like a treat to take off. But looking at the trailer length, it's a great thing you've got that option!
I got the guy to weld a handle onto it (on the post just below the winch). It's in a balanced location and there's nothing to getting it on and off. QD on the brake line and lighting harness. Easy to do and worth the extra 4" it buys me. My garage is only 20' deep. So I need every inch I can get. But with the platform off the boat, it'll fit.

Red 1998 Closed Bow Ski Boat, Ford 351, 310 hp, Acme 4 blade, Perfect Pass SG.

FAQ

Tyler Ski Club

To me, this forum is about love of inboard boats. It is about the sharing of information and, on a good day, some humor. It is not about post count, brand of boat, or any other superfluous labels that lend themselves to a false sense of superiority. Please, respect one another, try to pass on accurate information, and keep your eye on the ball.
Old 12-17-2013, 12:21 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 2007 X1
Quote:
Originally Posted by east tx skier View Post
I got the guy to weld a handle onto it (on the post just below the winch). It's in a balanced location and there's nothing to getting it on and off. QD on the brake line and lighting harness. Easy to do and worth the extra 4" it buys me. My garage is only 20' deep. So I need every inch I can get. But with the platform off the boat, it'll fit.
Sweet! Do you take the boat in & out throughout the season?

I could barely squeeze my boat in my garage but it would be a hassle with a basketball pole in a bad spot. It would be a little trickier than my first post at the beginning of the thread. Not worth it now that I've been spoiled with storage right next to the lake.
Old 12-17-2013, 12:25 PM
MC Hero

It stays put more often these days (sadly). May have to move it to get into the attic at this point. It used to be on the other side at a diagonal (rear right to front left). Made for awkward use of the garage, but the attic was still accessible. It's a trade off, but what isn't with these things.

FAQ

Tyler Ski Club

To me, this forum is about love of inboard boats. It is about the sharing of information and, on a good day, some humor. It is not about post count, brand of boat, or any other superfluous labels that lend themselves to a false sense of superiority. Please, respect one another, try to pass on accurate information, and keep your eye on the ball.
Old 12-17-2013, 01:05 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 1993 Prostar 205
Send a message via AIM to cbryan70
Quote:
Nothing terribly impressive here. But after ten years, I finally got someone to hack the front off the trailer so I could get the boat and the car in the garage. Front of trailer has been painted since I took this picture.

Whats under the cover to the right of the picture
Old 12-17-2013, 01:47 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 2007 X1
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbryan70 View Post
I'll take a stab here.
a) He lives in TX, so it's got to be a bit grill on wheels
b) he's a pro ping pong player and takes care of his hi-end table
c) Or a big Christmas present that he couldn't get into the attic fast enough.
Old 12-17-2013, 02:25 PM
MC Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbryan70 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
I'll take a stab here.
a) He lives in TX, so it's got to be a bit grill on wheels
b) he's a pro ping pong player and takes care of his hi-end table
c) Or a big Christmas present that he couldn't get into the attic fast enough.

d) Home Brewery.

Yet another reason to have the boat backed straight in on the other side of the garage.

FAQ

Tyler Ski Club

Old 12-17-2013, 02:36 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 1993 Prostar 205
Send a message via AIM to cbryan70
Quote:
d) Home Brewery.

Yet another reason to have the boat backed straight in on the other side of the garage.

I knew what it was. Just wanted to see another picture of it. I have had your beer...good stuff
Old 12-17-2013, 02:38 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: '06 X2 MCX
Quote:
Nothing terribly impressive here. But after ten years, I finally got someone to hack the front off the trailer so I could get the boat and the car in the garage. Front of trailer has been painted since I took this picture.

Looks like a great way to get the trailer to fit in the garage Doug, but kinda challenging to tow to the lake now???

"I understand why some people may not want to do this the way I have recommended but I can't understand the death grip some people have on a toilet plunger with a hose fitting." -JimN
Old 12-17-2013, 02:46 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: '06 X2 MCX
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by clrussell View Post
Question about garage floor coating. We r getting closer on our house build and I want to coat the garage floor before we move in. I just want a nice floor that's fairly easy to keep clean with her vehicle in and out constantly. The boat will live in the other half of the garage. The garage is 26' wide and 32' deep with a pair of 8x8 doors. (I wanted 10s but it didn't happen). What's my options? I saw in another thread someone talking about it but cannot find it. Just got the lights up today, I think I might end up putting 2 more.
Sherwin Williams Macropoxy 646 is a great material. Blows away the big box store stuff.
I've done a few shops now with it and it holds up great.
Prep is the key. Clean and etch the concrete well. 2 coats. Use a 18" roller to speed it up. Paint the gas curbs first.
Get the darkest color possible IMO that matches the color of the dirt around you. Especially if here's a lot of pet traffic with wet muddy feet.
I've only used a med gray color and chickendd out last time makin it dark brown and wished I had gone darker.
With proper prep the only thin that will take it off the floor is something hard enough or heavy enough to actually gouge the concrete.

"I understand why some people may not want to do this the way I have recommended but I can't understand the death grip some people have on a toilet plunger with a hose fitting." -JimN
Old 12-17-2013, 03:24 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 2006 Supra 20V
Quote:

Where's the boat????