Quote:
Originally Posted by lukedeuce View Post
I had to share this. Only thing missing is the MC. But still....wow

http://thechive.com/2012/11/06/this-...ful-19-photos/
That's sweet!!!

1994 MasterCraft ProStar 205
275 HP 350 Chevy Indmar
Monster Tower & PerfectPass

Check out the MasterCraft Buckeye Bash on Facebook!

"In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress." - John Adams
Old 11-07-2012, 04:28 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2008 Maristar 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by lukedeuce View Post
I had to share this. Only thing missing is the MC. But still....wow

http://thechive.com/2012/11/06/this-...ful-19-photos/
I don't usually go to "the chive" to look at garages...but I can make an exception for this one!!
Old 11-07-2012, 04:31 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: '06 X2 MCX
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdelong View Post
Well we actually just get the boat close with the truck and then take it off the hitch and push it by hand. It's easier to maneuver and the drive way is too small to make the turn right there.

As for the tower, we raise the wheel in the front of the trailer (for lack of a better term at the moment) which lowers the back end of the boat so the tower just barely fits. Then we have to lower the wheel all the way so that the windshield can clear the garage.
SOunds like getting my X2 in my previous garage, except tandem trailer. There was no "maneuvering" that sucker around by hand. Plus side loader garage. The only way it would go in was hooked on the front ball on my old Jeep so I could jack knife it past 90deg and then shoe horn it in. (Then carefully pack all the garage contents on, under and around the boat like you did!)

"I understand why some people may not want to do this the way I have recommended but I can't understand the death grip some people have on a toilet plunger with a hose fitting." -JimN
Old 12-12-2012, 10:47 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 1990 mastercraft p190
Ok so this might be a better place to ask a garage question.. The wife and I are about to start out house plans with hopes to build next year sometime.. Right now I've got a 1990 prostar 190 and after the truck is paid off I'm goin to sell the 190 and move to something bigger, perhaps x25 or something along those lines, just depending on what I like more at that point. Question is how big of a garage do I need? We are going to do a 2 car garage with separate doors. How tall of door do I need for it to go in with the tower up? How deep should it be to fit with trailer and still be able to walk around it? Thanks

Tapatalk
Old 12-12-2012, 10:54 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: 1995 Barefoot 200 Yamaha ProV 200, 1994 ProStar 190 LT1 1:1
Quote:
Originally Posted by clrussell View Post
Ok so this might be a better place to ask a garage question.. The wife and I are about to start out house plans with hopes to build next year sometime.. Right now I've got a 1990 prostar 190 and after the truck is paid off I'm goin to sell the 190 and move to something bigger, perhaps x25 or something along those lines, just depending on what I like more at that point. Question is how big of a garage do I need? We are going to do a 2 car garage with separate doors. How tall of door do I need for it to go in with the tower up? How deep should it be to fit with trailer and still be able to walk around it? Thanks

Tapatalk
I think a 2 car garage with separate doors is kinda weird...imo. Is one bay a tandem bay or no?

Things to think about...swing away tongue, platform, garage door width, fold down tower or leave up, etc.

I would think 28 feet deep would be plenty in case you have a tool bench etc.
Old 12-12-2012, 11:03 AM
MC Devotee

The garage will just be strictly for boat storage an the wife's ride. I'll have a shop separately for tools and every thing else.. On the 2 doors I guess I meant side by side doors, one for each bay/ parking spot. Not one at the front and back if that's what you mean by tandem?

Tapatalk
Old 12-12-2012, 11:09 AM
MC Platinum

Boat: White/Red 91 PS 190
Quote:

Tapatalk
something to think about during the "planning stages" http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...ad.php?t=48379

Team MasterCraft Google Search Engine
Old 12-12-2012, 11:46 AM
MC Devotee

Thanks milk! I like that idea! It would be handy!

Tapatalk
Old 12-12-2012, 01:33 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 1995 Barefoot 200 Yamaha ProV 200, 1994 ProStar 190 LT1 1:1
Quote:
The garage will just be strictly for boat storage an the wife's ride. I'll have a shop separately for tools and every thing else.. On the 2 doors I guess I meant side by side doors, one for each bay/ parking spot. Not one at the front and back if that's what you mean by tandem?

Tapatalk
Just curious as to why you would have 2 dorrs instead of just 1 larger door?

Is it just the way the house is designed?

My friend has a single 16 wide door at his house and on the right side of the garage is his wife's car and the left side is his truck with the boat behind the truck. I think the left side is like 45 feet deep or so (i can't remeber)...but that's what I was thinking about when I mentioned tandem...
Old 12-12-2012, 01:36 PM
MC Devotee

It's just preference on the 2 doors I guess.. Divides the garage some also, I guess it's more of what she wants at that point. I just want it big enough to put a boat in for the future

Tapatalk