Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 01-14-2017, 08:57 AM
TT Newbie

Boat: x10, 2015, Ilmor 5,7
Detailing - Suggetions polishing pads, machines, additives

Hello together,

just want to know you re experiences regarding the "self" polishing of the boats.
Which products, machines, pads, additives would you suggest.

We have just realy fine scratches at the boat from mircofiber towels and the fenders
By the way any idea regarding a fender cover or anything that helps to prevent the fine scratches at the boat ?

Nicolai
Old 01-14-2017, 09:25 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: MasterCraft 197 Pro Tournament Team
Send a message via Yahoo to Fullpass
An Automotive paint supplier, 3M PRODUCTS...if its just a fine scratches from towel...product would be " 3M #3" you can apply by hand & remove by hand..deeper scratches on side of boat from fenders, Can try 3M #3 first..if not satisfied can go to a cut and polish 3M #1, CAREFUL though, that works down the gel or paint, then go over with # 3. Well the stuff is expensive, last a long time two bottles expect to pay 90 each.
Old 01-14-2017, 09:28 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2016 Mastercraft X23
I like Menzerma products and they happen to be made in Germany where you are. I love the carbanuba wax they offer on a boat the best. You will need to polish first with a mild polish to remove the small scratches.

Go to www.autogeek.com for videos on how to.
Old 01-14-2017, 12:48 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: Mastercraft Prostar 197, 2002
Second the 3m products. The #3 is also called "perfect it" I believe

"America is about speed. Hot, Nasty, bad-a$$ speed"
-Eleanor Roosevelt
Old 01-14-2017, 05:18 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 2017 X10
3m products and the shurhold buffer. Makes it much easier, but do a whole boat all three steps and you'll sleep really good... :-)
Old 01-16-2017, 09:26 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2015 X23 SS 6.2L
The best buffer that you can buy yourself is the Cyclo. I have had all types of different buffers and this one truly is amazing. It is a dual head buffer that has next to zero vibration and does an incredible job.

For wax I use Woodys. Its a 100% pure carnauba wax that will last through a full season of use and really protect against fading. 3M is a really nice product as they make a good finishing compound to use before you apply wax.
Old 01-17-2017, 05:41 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: x10, 2015, Ilmor 5,7
Thank you four all you re suggestions

I think I ll give 3M or Menzerma (Menzerma would be 1/4 of the 3M price) a try and try a carnauba wachs.

The polisher cyclo is hard to get over here so I was thinking to get one of Flex or Krauss, similiar to Torq polisher, from chemicalguys.
One question regarding the waxing, you re all waxing the boat by hand or even with the polisher?
Old 01-17-2017, 06:06 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2015 X23 SS 6.2L
Quote:
Originally Posted by PNB MasterCraft View Post
Thank you four all you re suggestions

I think I ll give 3M or Menzerma (Menzerma would be 1/4 of the 3M price) a try and try a carnauba wachs.

The polisher cyclo is hard to get over here so I was thinking to get one of Flex or Krauss, similiar to Torq polisher, from chemicalguys.
One question regarding the waxing, you re all waxing the boat by hand or even with the polisher?
I put the wax on with the polisher and they remove it with the wool pads. They make some wax removal pads you can purchase as well.
Old 01-20-2017, 04:47 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2013 Mastercraft X2 with Gen 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mastercraftdave View Post
The best buffer that you can buy yourself is the Cyclo. I have had all types of different buffers and this one truly is amazing. It is a dual head buffer that has next to zero vibration and does an incredible job.

For wax I use Woodys. Its a 100% pure carnauba wax that will last through a full season of use and really protect against fading. 3M is a really nice product as they make a good finishing compound to use before you apply wax.
I'm interested in this Cyclo buffer. Anyone have any suggestions as to what pads & other accessories to order with the Cyclo? ( proguard configuration vs rubber pad holder configuration )

Thanks in advance, Mark