Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 07-14-2016, 03:22 AM
TT Regular

Boat: Mastercraft x15 2012 5.7
Circulation pump

Hello. I have a 2012x15. The heater sucks!!!! I have being reading that it might be the circ pump? Can anyone tell me where this is located? If there is even one on it? Or is there anything else I can try? Dealer said to not change thermostat. Leave what ever came with it. Also, would changing to a heater craft make it blow hot? Any help is much appreciated. Bu the way, it is a 5.7l illmor
Old 07-14-2016, 07:41 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2014 X-2
They changed the original thermostat that came with 2012s. They were set too low. They lowered them that year because they were concerned about CAT life (first year if production). Current production is now a higher set point. If it has the old one, I'd change it. I had a 2012, the heater sucked. I complained and they put a kit to help - new thermostat, moved the hot water supply to a hotter point and moved the cold water return to get more flow. It helped, but still sucked. My 2014 doesn't have the heater option. I was going to install my own, but with a 1 year old, I no longer find myself out as much at times where a heater would be nice.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Old 07-14-2016, 10:30 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2006 X15 350 MCX
My 2006 X15 does not have a dedicated pump just for the heater. I really doubt that yours does either. I had trouble with mine not blowing a lot of air. I found that my access door behind the bow seat was mashing the hose nearly flat.