Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > Watersports > Wakeboarding & Wakeskating

Old 01-23-2005, 08:11 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: 1988 mastercraft Prostar ford 351 windsor powerslot tranny sky high pylon
Send a message via AIM to brady1022
waterproofing

Does anyone have any good suggestions for waterproofing a camera? I've got my whole set up...just trying to figure out a way to waterproof my camera to get some good film this coming summer.
-Brady
Old 01-23-2005, 08:35 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: Prostar 190, 1998, LT1, powerslot
Really has a lot to do with your equipment (camera & lens; point & shoot, etc.) and the shooting you want to do (such as a foot or two underwater of your prop or fins). There are some good water resistant cameras (Nikonos, Sea and Sea, Canon, etc.) and some great housings (check out both at www.keh.com). They can offer some great information about making your equipment more H20 resistant (some clear "bags" are available). After my boating guests had a few accidents with MY Nikons, I found that the disposable cameras provided ample photo quality and less stress on the captain.
Old 01-23-2005, 09:39 PM
MC Master Poster

Check out the Outdoor Photographer site. It has info on all kinds of accessories and there should be a link to the best prices, too.
Old 02-01-2006, 06:57 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: '07 ProStar 197 w/ MCX
Has anyone used a waterproof camera casing for their digital cameras? I was thinking about getting one, but since my camera has a touch screen, I was wondering how well it would work. They say it is waterproof to 140ft... it would be a nice safeguard for the camera around the boat!

Last edited by Sodar; 06-26-2007 at 06:20 PM.