Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > Find A Pull / Give a Pull

Old 04-06-2007, 05:32 PM
lauren7657

New to DC area

Hey everyone, I recently moved to the Washington DC area and am looking for some local water skiers. I have grown up skiing almost every weekend during the summers(sunrise until sunset), so it is going to be a very long summer if I don't find a place to go close to DC. I'm a fairly serious slalom skier. I am getting fairly consistent at skiing a slalom course, and I also wakeboard. I can also drive a boat. I'm more than willing to pitch in on gas and any general work that the boat may need. I am very used to helping to get the boat ready to go at the beginning and end of the season. I have been the boat owner/provider in the past to my friends and family, so I understand all the work that goes into having/maintaining a boat. I have my ski, rope, gloves, and life jacket and am ready to go once the weather warms up and I find some local skiers. Please send me an email if you wouldn't mind including me on for some skiing this summer.
Old 04-06-2007, 05:33 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: Past: 1994 PS 205 --> Now: Nothing
I dont live near you, but welcome anyway.

"Magna opera Domini exquisita in omnes voluntates ejus" - James Clerk Maxwell, physics pioneer, 1874
Old 04-06-2007, 06:57 PM
MC Addict

Boat: 2003 Prostar 197 35th Anniversary Edition
You might check these guys out.

http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/sh...ght=mattawoman

Other than that, pickings are pretty slim. I lived up there until 1999 before I moved to Florida. I used to ski on the upper part of the Patuxent River (Jug Bay area) and skied on the slalom course there. My ski buddies then don't ski any more, otherwise I'd hook you up with them. I hear there's a course and ski club on the upper South River in the Annapolis area, but jellyfish may be a problem in the summer.

Good luck and welcome!

Where in DC do you live?

2003 Prostar 197 35th Anniversary

Last edited by shepherd; 04-06-2007 at 07:45 PM.
Old 04-06-2007, 07:45 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 95 PS 190 EFI
Send a message via AIM to jimmer2880
Lauren,

I'm way up in the 21795 area code (about 1.5 hours NW of downtown DC). Once the weather breaks again & I get caught up on all my projects, we'll be skiing every weekend (the kids put a hurting on the mid-week ski rides for now). I have a '95 PS190 on a lift once we get the dock on (usually in early-mid May).

Check the Waterski Mag archives. About a year (or was it 2?) ago, they posted an article about ski clubs around the country. There was one in downtown DC with a web addy.
"I kept a crabgrass free lawn"
It's time to SKI.
Old 04-06-2007, 07:46 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1984 19 skier Powerslot
Hey welcome to ground zero! Or should I say I'm sorry that you had to move here I'm in Hagerstown Md and have a place on Lake Anna which is just a hour or so south of you around Fredericksburg Va

I spend most of my time on lake Anna. There are some pretty sharp wakeboard nuts there. I dont know the link but Google Lake Anna Buzz They have a small forum that the local boarders meet on. Unfourtunantly all the slalom courses are long gone on Anna and because of all you "newbys" smooth water is a weekday thing. There are plenty of places in the DC area to go. I am not to keen on the Potomac though. Deep creek lake in Garret county is nice (but also crowded) Raystown lake in Pa is awesome!
Old 04-07-2007, 12:47 AM
MC Addict

Boat: 2003 Prostar 197 35th Anniversary Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by dog paw
There are plenty of places in the DC area to go. I am not to keen on the Potomac though. Deep creek lake in Garret county is nice (but also crowded) Raystown lake in Pa is awesome!
Decent ski spots within commuting distance (1 hour) of DC are pretty scarce even if you had a boat. Here's a map of some local ski clubs. The only close ones are Mattawoman (probably the link I gave above), South River, or Eagle Lake (not accepting new members according to their web site).

http://www.awsaeast.org/sitemap/sitemap2.php

2003 Prostar 197 35th Anniversary
Old 04-07-2007, 08:06 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: 95 PS 190 EFI
Send a message via AIM to jimmer2880
Quote:
Originally Posted by dog paw
Hey welcome to ground zero! Or should I say I'm sorry that you had to move here I'm in Hagerstown Md and have a place on Lake Anna which is just a hour or so south of you around Fredericksburg Va

I spend most of my time on lake Anna. There are some pretty sharp wakeboard nuts there. I dont know the link but Google Lake Anna Buzz They have a small forum that the local boarders meet on. Unfourtunantly all the slalom courses are long gone on Anna and because of all you "newbys" smooth water is a weekday thing. There are plenty of places in the DC area to go. I am not to keen on the Potomac though. Deep creek lake in Garret county is nice (but also crowded) Raystown lake in Pa is awesome!
Anytime you want to hit the potomac, drop me a line. We usually have glass until 10 on the weekends.
"I kept a crabgrass free lawn"
It's time to SKI.
Old 04-07-2007, 08:23 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1984 19 skier Powerslot
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmer2880
Anytime you want to hit the potomac, drop me a line. We usually have glass until 10 on the weekends.

Thanks, I might take you up on that sometime. Dam 4? Its been so long since I have put in any real ski time I'd be ashamed for anyone hear to see my sorry butt make a fool of myself LOL! But thats one thing I can do well. I cant bring myself to trade the shortline for a wide load slalom even though the bindings kill my feet and it takes every ounce of strength I have to get up on it
Old 04-07-2007, 08:51 PM
MC Hero

Boat: 1998 Ski Nautique
Nowhere near D.C., but welcome!

Red 1998 Closed Bow Ski Boat, Ford 351, 310 hp, Acme 4 blade, Perfect Pass SG.

FAQ

Tyler Ski Club

To me, this forum is about love of inboard boats. It is about the sharing of information and, on a good day, some humor. It is not about post count, brand of boat, or any other superfluous labels that lend themselves to a false sense of superiority. Please, respect one another, try to pass on accurate information, and keep your eye on the ball.
Old 04-07-2007, 09:59 PM
TT Hero

Boat: 2005 X-STAR & 1993 Prostar 190 Limited
Lauren,

First of all welcome! I can't help you much with local slalom rides, but try www.dcwake.com for help with wakeboarding in your area. Those guys are great.

You MUST take a road trip up to New Jersey on June 30th for the
2nd annual NJ Wakefest! We have plenty of boats for wakeboard pulls, and a few that would be glad to pull slalom too. Go to www.njwakefest.com or www.wakeboardnj.com for more.

-Dave (black 2005 X-star)